Binny's Beverage Depot Employee Reviews

A great corporate culture, but a lot of hard work
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 29, 2017
A great corporate culture, which helps deal with an almost obsessive devotion to the work by most management. The people in charge obviously enjoy what they are doing, and that enthusiasm works its way into everything they do.
Fast Paced.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
The Store Associate position is very faced paced with customers coming and going throughout multiple shifts.
You have the opportunity to learn about store products and how liquor retail works.
The culture is very relaxed despite being very faced paced.
There are some challenging customer concerns and attitudes, but not often.
The management is very helpful and flexible long with other store associates.
Pros
Decent work atmosphere.
Cons
Amount of hours you can work limited.
easy going and relaxed place
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL 60016June 16, 2017
Binny's is great for anyone who is just looking for something for some extra cash and something that is not going to be long term. fun place to work, but little to no movement in positions.
Friendly and teaching
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJune 8, 2017
Management is helpful with training and teaching of job. Listens to employee concerns and is fair with all employees. treated with respect and worries about co workers being rude or disrespectful. Comfortable and great work days.
Pros
Well trained for the job when you start.
Cons
no health care or paid holidays for part time employees
hard work fun group
Sales Associate/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILMay 24, 2017
The store I worked at had a top notch management staff. The sales associate from the wine, beer to the liquor departments knew there stuff and the store ran like a well oiled machine.
Good job for the right phase of life
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILApril 10, 2017
If you are single and or have no children this job is for you. Otherwise you will spend every saturday some sundays and every holiday away from your family.
Fun place to work
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60610March 30, 2017
The management was great. The other employees were quite fun. A few locations around town. All in all I have no real complaints. If i still lived in Chicago I'd definitely still work there.
Ok place
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
Ok place to wrk, fast pace around holidays and great selection on wines to choose from, store is very huge and working there I learned slot of things about wine and beer that I didn't know before
Booze
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, ILMarch 26, 2017
get to work, sell booze. management does not listen to ideas and moving up in the company is extremely difficult. I learned about the different varieties of booze.
Great Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Start a shift around 7:45, count drawer, clean and set up for the day. Learned how to run a cash register, ring up items, customer service. Management was very nice well organized.
Pros
10% off purchase, $.50 above minimum wage.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILFebruary 15, 2017
I have worked at Binny's for less than 6 months and have mostly worked as a cashier. They have strict rules regarding cash short and over and how they handle these. Binny's has a wide variety of liquor wine and beer. In addition, Binny's has many experts that help customers to get the best products available. The management is always willing to help in guiding when challenges come up. The store is clean and well faced. The prices are very competitive.
Pros
part time employment with 29 hours per week
Cons
limited breaks
Binny's
Cigar Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Everyone was a team player and were always willing to help out a person in need whether it was an employee or customer. Managment was always helpful. Only issue I had with the company was they did not like the fact of my school schedule as I was attending college for my medical billing and coding certificate.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No flexible work schedule
best retail job I've ever had
Wine Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 23, 2017
For a retail job, its good. there are few opportunities for advancement and management plays favorites and I've seen good employees be passed over for friends.
Pros
awesome insurance
Cons
favoritism, little advancement
More Than a Liquor Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 21, 2016
This was still retail, but I have worked in enough retail settings to see what distinguishes Binny's. Specialists appreciate their inventory, and I enjoyed learning from them in conversation. Supervision was present and involved. Weekend tasting events were fun. Benefits, promotions, and extra hours were available. shifts were reasonable and accommodated my school schedule. Work could be slow and tedious at worst.
Pros
Free samples (to enjoy at home)
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Fun company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
Great work life balance. Growing company. Advancement a little rough. Fun company to work for and the product knowledge is abundant. Plenty of growth in company to allow for transfers but moving up can be a struggle. Pay is very low compared to similar retail management jobs.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Advancement past store level
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 18, 2016
A decent place to work. Supportive management and great staff. If you are comfortable initiating conversations with customers and enjoy talking about booze, this place may be a good fit.
great
sales (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILOctober 18, 2016
I loved working at Binnys. It was a great job during my career transition. Working there gave me a knowledge of the sales side of business. I recommend it.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILOctober 6, 2016
Binny's does a great job of hiring and promoting the right people for the company and the customer. All of the permanent/ long term staff are very competent, and the management is some of the best in all of retail.

There is a great balance between work and life, time off is always available, and so are extra hours if you want them.

I was offered advancement to full time within 2 months of being hired, because I worked very hard, invested my own time into product knowledge, and showed initiative to help in every department.

Co-workers are like family, and they are all very nice, supportive, and a pleasure to work with, as well as a great source of knowledge on product, and salesmanship.

Overall, Binny's is an amazing company.
Pros
Great co-workers, great management, great environment.
Cons
Compensation was lacking.
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 5, 2016
Binny's has been a great place to work for. This place is a very well organized company with great people and great benefits. The managers are all very kind, supportive, and enthusiastic. There is always something to do to keep busy, and you're always learning new things while you work. This is definitely a company that keeps your interest.
Pros
flexibility, security
Cons
Part time.
Such friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I literally just had an interview management is so friendly and respectful. They made me feel so comfortable. Everyone in this store is very friendly and gives excellent customer service.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Binny's Beverage Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval