Binny's Beverage Depot Employee Reviews

Such friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I literally just had an interview management is so friendly and respectful. They made me feel so comfortable. Everyone in this store is very friendly and gives excellent customer service.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
No cons
Good Campaign
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILFebruary 4, 2016
One of the best campaigns i have ever been apart of. From start to finish this was well run and a great place to get some valuable experience.
Great company great people
Craft Beer Associate/Tasting Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2015
I loved every day that I worked there. It treated me with respect and dignity and gave me opportunity. There is great opportunity and the owner is down to earth.
Pros
Great company overal
Cons
Not really sure
Productive and Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMay 6, 2015
Work here was a good environment with nice employees and managers that know what they are doing. There was always something to be done and made the work day go by.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Random start times for shifts
Busy with interesting customers
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Being a cashier, the time would fly by when it is busy. Many co-workers are willing to help and work as a team.

The most challenging part of customer service at this company is the refusal of service policy. A manager has final say in the question of proper ID. This policy has to be followed to the letter no matter the situation.

You do smile a lot with all the good people you work with
Pros
no late hours.
Cons
no health care benefits
Productive and fun workplace with good variety of things to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 12, 2015
I was only employed there on a seasonal basis, but Binny's is a great company and I would work for them again in a heartbeat. Everyone there is knowledgeable and has a positive attitude, and there's always something to do to keep busy.
Productive hard working environment
Liquor Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Binny's is a place that keeps you striving for perfection and demanding for everyday work output.
A Fun Part Time Job
Cashier/Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 10, 2014
Binny's was a great part time job, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a full time job with benefits. Employees rarely ever get full time spots, and Binny's doesn't offer benefits to any part time employees. The employees and supervisors are all very outgoing and helpful. Employees will experience all aspects of the store including receiving, cashiering, and working the floor.
Pros
great employees and supervisors
Cons
no benefits for most employees
Great place to work if you're in school or have no experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 26, 2014
Overall, Binny's is a great place for the part-time worker. Full time, hourly employees are replaceable. Salaried managers are hit or miss as professionals, yet are compensated well above hourly personnel (even though many do not have business degrees and sometimes no college education whatsoever).

All told if you can get in with company leadership you are taken care of - otherwise you are replaceable. This is not a long-term career, otherwise.
Pros
benefits (not hourly pay), customer interaction, learning experience
Cons
constantly changing work schedule, little room for advancement, expectation to devote life to company for little pay
Could be better but it's Retail
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2014
It's retail so what do you expect.

This is a great job to hold while you're pursuing your university degree or higher. You can't beat being honored what hours you would like to work. The only thing they really ask is that you are able to contribute back towards peak days/hours meaning either: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays.

Compensation is so so, I say that because there are other competing retail shoppes that will pay you just as well but you'll end up doing less. What's less work for you dollar earned, stocking 20-25 lb liquor cases all shift long, or 8-12 lb cases of product, part of your shift. It may be an incentive to work elsewhere on this point.

Management is so so, I've had the chance to work with several managers and it honestly feels as if they have forgotten what it feels like to roll up their sleeves and get to work. The store is not equivocally a hedge fund, often times they make it seem as if it were.

I don't like the job culture, often times by looking at what people are purchasing, I feel as if I'm selling product to be abused and feel somewhat guilty as a result
Pros
hours
Cons
compensation, workload
Each location is different
Liquor Consultant / Sales (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 7, 2014
It's a fun job in a fun culture, but it can be invasive if you have a personal life.
Part time is peach.
Full time is a very slow and low rewarding commitment.
It's absolutely great ....if you don't have a family.
Pros
fun place to work, with nice people and customers.
Cons
it will take over your life if you are full time.
Valuable and Enjoyable College Work Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 5, 2014
A typical day at work involved clocking in, counting a drawer, and then working the cash register. This entailed greeting and conversing with customers as I facilitated the completion of their transactions. I was required to ensure each customer had proper identification before completing the sale. Management was extremely enthusiastic, helpful, and effective at their jobs. All of my co-workers were hard-working, competent, and fun to work with as well. This fun, team-based work environment was my favorite part of the job. The most difficult part of the job was defusing potential conflicts with some customers who failed to provide proper identification and found fault with company carding policies.
Pros
fun work environment, discounts
Cons
pay, hours
Relaxing, laid-back personnel but professional at the same time
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJuly 24, 2013
I start my day patrolling the sales floor at Binny's Beverage Depot for the first couple hours because I have the most experience, and the most suitable for the duties this entails. I have learned to be friendly with everyone, even if that person does not deserve. The customer is always right, and it does not cost a cent to be nice. Every part of my job is fulfilling because I not only protect the store and customers, but also assist these maximize their experience inside of the store.
Pros
building relationships, courteous and professional co-workers and management
Fantastic Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 7, 2013
Flexible hours
Retail
Knowledge of Liquor and the industry
Fun Customers
Wine Manager (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 13, 2013
A typical wound include wine sales ,stock and inventory mamnagement.Store display.
Minimum Wage
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 22, 2013
I started working here in order to have some income while applying for jobs that would provide career opportunities.
Binny's
Cashier (Current Employee) –  arlington heights, ilDecember 4, 2012
Fun place to work, good training, and nice atmosphere. Great co-workers.
Pros
learn about alcohol
Cons
nothing
Your standard retail job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILSeptember 26, 2012
Count cash drawer, ring up customers, sweep and mop, stock product, etc...
Pros
lots of interaction with people
Cons
location
overall good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 10, 2012
growing company , low starting pay. great co-workers. most enjoyable part of job was stocking and doing sales on the floor with customers and talking and learning about the products. mangement changes store to store, some managers are great leaders and team players, some act like children and need to be less stressed ,its a liqour store relax.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
low pay
Various Positions
Various (Former Employee) –  Niles, then Elmwood ParkMarch 7, 2012
Much training and you may be 'chosen' by 'old' management to be important; then taken care of. Otherwise, mind your business, know your place and you'll be ok.
Pros
everyone bows to the owner, mb, michael binstein
Cons
everyone bows to the owner, mb, michael binstein

2.8