Bio-Rad, Inc. Employee Reviews

I really loved my job with Bio Rad
customer service representative level 3 (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I loved working for Bio Rad, I am trying to return back but it seem as to be a different policy. I have called HR and sent in many applications for different positions in the Hercules and Benicia office.
Profit Driven
Product Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJanuary 8, 2018
High stress in support and service. Culture is focused on sales and profits. The people in service and support were great to work with and made it worthwhile.
Exciting and Challenging
Life Sciences Marketing Manager North America (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Lead, directed, managed, enabled, and coached cross-functional teams of creative, spirited and innovative product, applications, communications, events/exhibits, B2B, and e-commerce marketing professionals.
Great place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work, nice people, great culture, fast pace, great products and the pay And health benefits are extremely awesome. Wish the company was not relocating
Job at Bio Rad
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Billerica, MA 01862January 2, 2018
Great company love the people and management. I am genuinely happy going to work every morning. Short commute to work 15 mins in the morning and afternoon
Pros
flexible hours easy going management
Cons
need full time position
Great employer, would work there again
Shipper 3 (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 26, 2017
Bio-Rad as a whole was a wonderful place to work. The pay and benefits were great, and they really take care of all their employees.

Shipping was fast paced, and many of the guys you'd work with were attentive, knowledgeable and made sure everything that needed to be done, got done.

Management would turn a blind eye to certain peoples actions, even if done right in front of them.

The work place culture was not very "Team" oriented. Not many people thought about the good of the group or company, but rather "what's good for me right now?"

The hardest part of the job was know where everything was, how it needed to ship, how to store it, and how to send it out internationally to clear customs.

The daily interactions with my coworkers and supervisor was the most enjoyable part of the job.

I would definitely work there again.

That being said, I do not believe there was enough accountability in my department specifically. If people were held accountable for their actions, disciplined accordingly, the whole team would be able to improve.

They will need to get it together to be able to realize their goal of "One team, one dream."
Pros
Awesome benefits, great pay
Cons
Lack of HR involvement, no accountability
Fast paced and productive place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CADecember 20, 2017
Company is maturing as a global entity. Departments and divisions are fighting for their survival. Many smart people to work with and definitely a place where you can learn quickly
Stay Away From Plano
Employee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2017
It's not a place I recommend. Very petty and micro managing and oppressive. High turn over rate. Middle school drama, managers talk bad about people, managers let some people get away with things while those they don't like they watch like a hawk.

They constantly change the procedures of how to do your work, they dump more work on you than what you can handle, they make you do the work that 4 job titles would need to handle.

I'd stay far away.
Pros
good PTO and benefits
Cons
Poor style management, petty, micro managers, very oppressive culture, no advancement
Should include into every job seeker's list
Commodity Mgr (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 7, 2017
Medium sized company, top heavy. If you are in a group with good people and management, it is worth staying, long term.

Good overall work environment with family-life balance, manageable stress levels, and even though the HQ campus is old and showing its age,I just look out my office window into the water on the Bay and dark mountains in the background, (and yes flocks of wild turkeys stalking employees as we walk to our cars), and it really does make things better.
Pros
HQ location is by the water, not in an overcrowded location, reverse commute from many locations
Cons
Same leadership has not been able to increase sales after many years of effort
Family run Biotech Company
Senior Applications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 6, 2017
Long commute for me (70 miles) but the People are great and depending on Management, the job can also be. They are trying to modernize by upgrading to a new ERP system (SAP) and deploying it globally has been painful.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 31, 2017
great place to work and learn a lot. great environment. they really appreciate their employees and do a lot of things to show it. management is easy to talk to.
Lay off
ERP Mariposa Project /I-Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 20, 2017
Was the lead LMS administrator for a project which deployed training globally. Once the project started to roll-off the administration I provided no longer had the volume of support requirements. My position was eliminated and replaced by a lower level administrator.
Pros
Challenged to develop new skills
Cons
Management style was not conducive to a good working relationship
if you are a sheep this is the place for you
no title (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 10, 2017
management is prehistoric in how they deal with employees - if you are "in" you are "safe"

if you know more than the managment forget about it

HR is non-existent for the employee
Pros
Cons
too many to list
It was great while it lasted
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 6, 2017
I had a great experience working here, while it lasted. I was constantly challenged and given opportunities to take on more responsibility. When our company was bought by Bio-Rad it maintained the feel of a small, tight knit company which I enjoyed. Our facility was recently shut down and all employees were laid off due to the shifting market for our product.
A fine place
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 3, 2017
I worked here many years ago. When I was there, it was a fine place to work. Environment was nice and other employees were friendly. Cannot speak to what it would be like today.
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
was too far to commute
A changing culture
Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 2, 2017
The Irvine operation is in the middle of a culture change, the manager are changing and the ones left are very stressed. Expect long hours and changing project targets.
Pros
A growing company
Cons
A changing company culture
Ideal workplace
Administrative Associate III (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 1, 2017
This is an ideal workplace with fantastic views and landscaping. It provides a very comfortable and welcoming environment. It serves me great pleasure interacting and assisting colleagues and guests.
Learned Alot
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 28, 2017
Traditional bio rad is probably slower paced but my sector of the company was a fast paced innovated sector. Management was great, but that is not necessarily representative of bio rad management in other sectors.
Amazing People Amazing Tech
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 16, 2017
The job on paper a basic entry level job but it was a first job out of college. I received so much education on the job and loved my coworkers. I developed a lot as a scientist because the managers encouraged you to grow and encouraged you to ask questions. The job was very fast-paced. Projects would move around in order or priority but it was a really amazing place to work at.
Great tech, too late to the game
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 14, 2017
Lots of great tech poured into a great product, but too late for product launch to be profitable. Closed facility. Work was fast paced, culture was great, but management was slow to react.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Rad, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.