Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Employee Reviews

Quick-paced environment that helps you learn as well as help others
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Bio Reference, getting to interact with various doctors and their office staff each day. Traveling was a plus. Will visit different locations throughout the day. Fun, relaxed environment.
No room for growth
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2017
The benefits were nice and there was a nice acting supervisor when the main one was out but when she came back she wasn't aware of the difficulties expressed before she returned. I wasn't allowed to change post because lack of territory and it seemed as if management wasn't concerned.
The company is ok
Test Master Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 7, 2017
The benefits are wonderful but I feel like management in my department is lacking. The management does not a good job leading and training. The other departments that I come in to contact seem to really enjoy their work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Distance of commute, poor management
Great Place
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 1, 2017
Ive been taught a lot about the laboratory field. My current manager is excellent very flexible with hours. I love learning something new every day and gaining experience.
Productive and fun place too work
Phlebotomist - nursing home (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 25, 2017
Since i been employed with this company it has provided me with stability hrs to be able to care for my mom full time and small child. Work for me has been easy and enjoyable my supervisor is great over all the phlebotomy team has been great to work with.
Pros
more incentive programs
Cons
healthcare benefits to part time employees under 30hrs
Lead Floater throughout DC, Maryland and Virginia (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC/Maryland/VirginiaOctober 12, 2017
Very unorganized, No room for growth within the company. Promises are made that are not fulfilled. Management responds to professional concerns based on personal emotions.
phlbotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 10, 2017
Bio-Reference is a good company but it is hard to be in one place after working in a hospital. you pretty much work on your own witch is fine. I would work for them again.
productive and fun workplace
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 27, 2017
i learned a lot of things in BioRef.i learned how work everythiung in timely manage. stressful specially working at night. .
Pros
good benefits.and insurance
Cons
stressful.specially working at night
good people
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDSeptember 27, 2017
The best supervisor I have ever had working for a lab. I encounter many fellow employees there that were helpful and friendly. They were all team players.
I loved working for Bio refference
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ secaucus NjSeptember 21, 2017
I resign due to not enough hours but it is a great company to work for. The people and personal are great but times are rough so I left for more hours to another company to see if I can replace my hours but it was crazy I was driving too many places and not enough time. So I drop the other company and decided to come back and hopefully I can get more hours if they decide to take me back.
Pros
I love to work
Don't get sucked in
A member of Bio/Opko (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJ 07407September 11, 2017
Ever since Bio has becaone Opko the company has gone way down. The management team and Human Resources is like high school. They have taken away coffee in the drawing stations and down graded tv to just about Bio, drivers for the company and anyone who drives a company car they have taken away their gas cards and miles. Phlebotomist have no overtime at all anymore which makes the drawing stations and doctor offices suffer the excellent care Bio Reference was known for. Yes they give you benefits which is a plus but they have downsized on the benefits a bit.
Over all there are better companies to work for than this now mediocre company Don't get sucked in
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Used to be a great company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 5, 2017
Since we became "Opko" it all went down the hill!
They do not care about their employees any more. All they care a bout is their money.
Management sucks. There is no communication and most of their supervisors have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Bad management
a great place to work
Referral Testing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Bio-Reference. It is a great company to work for with many opportunies for growth and advancement. The benefits are great. I would go back and am currently trying.
productive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 28, 2017
great place to learn different cultures to adjust to. heavy patient flow and variety of people. comfortable atmosphere. benefits are excellent . excellent choice of work
take care of employees
Phlebotomist/Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2017
they really cared about there employees, they have excellent health benefits and thats what i miss the most, the only thing I found lacking is lack of coverage for time off
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no enough coverage
Amazing opportunity
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 14, 2017
I worked part-time, only 3 days a week, 4 hours a day. I learned how to draw blood, provide confidentiality, and run STAT labs. Management was wonderful, always willing to work with employees. Job culture was very diverse, I learned so much. The job was challenging based on the amount of patient draws required to complete each day, however the support of management made it a clam environment. I found dealing with so many different patients while developing rapport for those I saw every week the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and a postive place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for BioReference, and meeting different people everyday. I love how friendly, and helpful my supervisor was and my co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about the job at all. I hated to leave.
Pros
Good place to work and to advance
My Day At Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYAugust 7, 2017
Alright, so at work , I'm not chatty at all, I'm very friendly. I get my work done. If someone who I'm working with is haing an emergancy I WILL report it to the manager or anyone who is in charge.
Great company
Phlebotomist Float Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 5, 2017
This laboratory is growing so fast in the east valley, has a very strong potential for anyone who wants to grow in the laboratory business.Great management.
Pros
Growing very fast
Cons
It's only growing fast in the east valley not the west valley.
Is a Great company I give them a 4
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 18, 2017
A great company, Great management, Great benefits, opportunity to work at various locations. typical day interact with patient, help them, deal with difficult attitudes from patients, work with a variety of cultures, learn to have difficult veins, and assist patients when they are afraid of needles and or passing out, work close with the Doctors and nurses work as a team, translate patients with the Doctors and the rest of the team, solve in general with patients, job equipment, call the lab for assistance with lab orders or to help the Doctors what test is best for patients, help patients with coupons for blood discounts, and paper work, follow directions how to send specimens at the end of the day, communicate with supervisors by phone and email.
Pros
Great pay, bennefits.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Reviews by Location