Now in its 21st year, BioCentury Publications, Inc. is internationally recognized as the leading provider of value-added information, analysis and data for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, investors, academia and government. BioCentury thoughtfully identifies and analyzes the strategic issues essential to the formation, development and sustainability of life science ventures. The company employs a fully integrated multimedia platform — including electronic publications, online data solutions, interactive websites, television, webcasts and conferences — to provide its audience with authoritative and up-to-date intelligence about corporate strategy, partnering, emerging technology, clinical data, public policy and financial markets. (Visit www.biocentury.com, www.biocenturytv.com and www.scibx.com)
BioCentury's Database Group has full-time openings for Clinical/Financial/Deal Data Specialists.
The position is part of a job family that includes Data Specialists, Researchers and Analysts. Data Specialists collect, categorize, input, and edit various types of data (e.g. clinical, financial, licensing and M&A transactions) that populate BioCentury's database platform BCIQ. The responsibilities include data collection, writing brief news items, data entry and data curation. Data collection may include reviewing company press releases and SEC filings, conducting phone interviews with company executives, and searching relevant sections of BioCentury archives.
The position requires at least an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Life Sciences (e.g. Biology), Business, Finance, Economics or related fields. Relevant work experience is a plus.
All candidates will be asked to:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, categorize and summarize key aspects of drugs in development, clinical trial data, company financial data, and licensing transactions
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask and quickly prioritize work assignments
- Demonstrate the ability to research, write and manipulate data through knowledgeable use of online technologies, including Access as well as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with information sources and colleagues in a professional manner
- Demonstrate the ability to write clearly and accurately
The work environment is casual; however, professional behavior, rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Compensation and Benefits commensurate with experience
Company sponsored health and life insurance
Bonus / 401K Plan
Position based in either the Redwood City or Chicago office