Biogen Idec

Biogen Idec Employer Reviews

Scientist II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 19, 2013
Biogen Idec helped create an industry that has touched countless lives. We were among the world's first biotechnology companies, and today we are the oldest independent biotech firm in the world.
Excellent
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 8, 2013
Great place to work. Excellent benefits, company takes care of its employees, flexible.
Great work place good benefits
Infusion Account Manager (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: so much free food and other terrific benefits week off during christmas
Learned how to make moves within the organization, learned about project management
Disneyland
Assoc. Scientist I (Current Employee), RTPJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee and soda, great food
Cons: advancement can depend on who you know, rather than ability.
Biogen Idec was the most amazing place I've ever worked and I have been eager to return ever since my contract ended in March 2013.

Employees enjoy flexibility and work-life balance, each department has it's own culture, and overall, people are just plain happy to work there.

My only complaint would be the social and socioeconomic disparity between – more... contractors and full-time employees, which occasionally created an unnecessary cultural divide. – less
PharmD Intern (Former Employee), Weston, MAJuly 9, 2013
Great company morale, staff supportive of one anothers effort
Excellent company for an internship
Internship (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 9, 2013
Learned a great deal during my educational internship. A great environment and excellent coworkers within the manufacturing team.
Great Team Great Company
Commercial Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 19, 2013
Loved it. Found everyday new and exciting and ready to change the world.
productive and balanced work place
Sr. Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 14, 2013
I was lucky to work with excellent group of scientists and did humbling research work to help patients with MS
Wonderful Company to work for.
Project Manager (Current Employee), MorrisvilleApril 30, 2013
Pros: employee and patient centered
Cons: flat organizations. limited opportunies to grow.
Wonderful company to work for. Great salaries, and benefits.
Rewarding workplace
Therapy Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: few advancement opportunities
Biogen Idec is a great company to work for. The culture of excellence spans across the corporation with our focus on patients and maintaining a competitive edge within the biopharmaceutical industry.
Fast paced work
Window System Administrator/Application Support IV (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 8, 2013
Fast paced workload on daily basis, learning curve is straight up. Must be able to absorb and learn new things fairly quickly.
Contractor
QA Associate III, External Supply QA/Operations (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMarch 14, 2013
I had the pleasure of working at Biogen Idec as a contractor. The staff was pleasant to work with and if I had inquiries with upper staff or mgmt, it was addressed immediately and with professionalism.
good company
Contractor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: leading in bio tech
Cons: not a full time employee
I was just a contractor . A fun place work .i learned a lot about what it goes to to developing MS druges
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 8, 2013
Pros: great pay, very team-based, everyone matters
Cons: working as a temp yields very limited benefits, manufacturing schedule took a heavy toll on personal life and health
I loved working at Biogen. The people were great. The company was so focused on the patients instead of profits, costs, etc which was very encouraging. This company has high moral values and integrity.
Great place to work, long contract positions
HR Associate II (Current Employee), Weston, MAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: on site parking, flexible work arrangements, pay
Cons: as a contractor, you feel leftout of a lot of things, hard to grow into a position when training is limited and you do not attend meetings.
A Typical day at work is always a learning experience. I have learned in past 4 months is that if you want something to happen with your contract position, you need to make it happen. Management is very busy and generally does a great job touching base. Everyone here is nice and knowledgable. The diversity of Biogen Idec and inclusion is an amazing – more... feat for this company – less
Positive and fast-paced Environment
Marketing Associate II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: promoted work/life balance
Cons: portion of the company and the products were sold.
Enjoyed with a variety of business areas within the organization.
Summary
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 25, 2013
As business analyst in Biogen Idec, I participated in some large-scale projects, for example, Implement and Validate UNIX SAS 9.3 as well as the upgrade of the production servers’ hardware for the biostatistics department and R&D IT Clinical LOT Release.

I build reporting capability for CTMS (Clinical Trial Management System).

I Collaborate with consultants – more... and vendors to prepare validation deliverables and execute test scripts, developing and maintaining change control documentation for GXP systems to achieve FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance(Deliverables and Test Scripts includes: Functional Specification, Infrastructure Requirements, Backup and Restore Requirements, Design Specification, System Test Scripts, Backup and Restore Test Scripts, Test Plan, Installation Plan and Qualification, Test Plan UAT Test Scripts , Test Report and SOP).

I collaborate with the Team to prepare for the system go-live and testing and follow up with issues after it go-live.

I am proficient in Unix SAS, Crystal Reports Server, Web SDM, CMdR and East Installation, troubleshooting and Configuration. – less
Wonderful environment with lots of opportunities for growth
Touch Compliance Associate (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 23, 2013
Passionate company striving to provide top customer service for our customers. Friendly atmosphere. Well maintained work areas. Low call volume, but detailed conversations pertaining to compliance issues and patient care. Lots of training opportunities available at your fingertips. This is a company of change, change for the better.
Lacked the professional courtesy that one would expect from such a high profile company.
Patients Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 14, 2012
Pros: provided excellent benefits, provided free healthy smoothies, lunch salads were reasonably priced.
Cons: highly competitive atmosphere, no personal privacy at work station, too many bosses giving different commands.
Management was focused more on having staff give and show them complete personal loyalty. This was placed above actual professionalism and work performance. Dress code was nonprofessional which created a atmosphere that was more like working in a plant or factory. Dressing professionally was actually frowned on by management and co-workers. A extremely – more... competitive atomosphere has been created, one that is not conducive for actually trying to work together to accomplish goals. Management struggled with speaking respectfully to staff and often took a superior approach in meetings, both individually and in groups. Management enjoyed when staff "cowered down" to them and "attended to their personal needs". – less
Manufacturing Engineering - Automation Engineer II (Current Employee), RTPDecember 12, 2012
BIIB is a growing company that offers many incentives and a great work life balanca

About Biogen Idec

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the – Read more