Biogen

Biogen Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Clinical Operations Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Life to work balance and salary
Cons: indecisive management and favoritism
Great place to work with exceptional employees. Ground breaking ideas and innovations, must do a better job to retain employees too much turnover
Great place to work, unless you're a contractor
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Great job experience, team-oriented atmosphere, and beer hour every Thursday.
Cons: No benefits or PTO as a contractor, lots of nepotism and favoritism
Biogen provides a great work environment for its employees, and promotes job development and growth. As a contractor, however, Biogen does not offer any benefits, and getting a full-time position with the company after six months is nearly impossible. In order to advance, making the right friends is more important than the impact of your performance, which I assume should be expected at a pharmaceutical giant such as Biogen.
n/a
Case Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 6, 2015
Very fast paced and changing environment. The benefits and compensation are great. The employees are very hard working and dedicated people.
We help MS Patients
Therapy Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 30, 2015
I feel that Biogen truly cares about the patient they serve. They are a very present force in the MS and Hemophilia communities.
Great Company
Validation Engineer II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 30, 2015
Great Benefits and pay. I would recommend working here to anyone. Flexible work arrangements are awesome. CEO has a great vision and company has a promising pipeline.
Great Company
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 25, 2015
Great Company - They treat their employees very well, and go out of their way to ensure you're comfortable in the work environment.
low pressure, fun place to work
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 21, 2015
coworkers are professional and very helpful, relaxed environment
thirsty thursday- free beer and dinner
company trips
Good Company
Executive Area Business Manager (Current Employee), Weston, MAJune 9, 2015
Dynamic company that has had an excellent pipeline and good science. The company has experienced tremendous growth and has a bright future. Biogen is very patient focused.
great company to work for
Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 1, 2015
A lot of learning, great benefits, good people. Worth working for. Cutting edge software, instruments, Science. Great experience.
Opportunities with some management
Manger (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: too many re-orgs, comes with the industry(?)
Too many reorganizations. Always feel like you're in line for a chopping block. Depending on management endless opportunities available. Company as a whole offers excellent benefits, but difficult to determine if you'll be there long enough to reap some of them.
Very fun and professional place to work, Outstanding Team
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Cafteria on site, easily accessable by public transportation
Cons: Long hiring process
I was very blessed with this position. My manager was easy to understand and held me to a high level of proficiency. He and his team provided multiple opportunities for me to use my skills in logistics, communications, meeting planning, travel and expense reporting within their Concur system. I had been looking for a position that would allow me to stretch my skills and Biogen provided an excellent environment. I very much wanted the position to go permanent but that was not to be. That being said, it was one of the highlights of my working experiences because of the administrative team I was able to work with. Every administrative team member was outstanding and from day 1 I felt welcomed. They really took the time to on-board me correctly, ensuring that I had the tools to succeed. Kudos to Biogen, and excellent place to work!
Very good experience
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great work enviornment
Cons: Long Hours
Great place to work. Learnt a lot of new things about work. Very professional and welcoming to new crew members. Highly recommended.
nice place
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 16, 2015
Great place to work at it is one of my favorite jobs ive ever had. Long 12 hour shifts with irregular schedule though so be ready for that.
Manufacturing Associate IV (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
One of the best places to work you are always learning and the management team was always listening to your ideas. I also enjoyed working with the people.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. IT Analyst, Sourcing and Asset Mgmt. (Current Employee), Weston, MAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, company Treats us well, Pay above average. Batch planning is well thought out.
Cons: None
World class company in biopharmaceutical research and development but with an ever evolving culture and management style
Universal Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
Love the culture, benefits, pay...it's all great! Biogen is cutting edge with everything right down to the facility. All of the employees are friendly and there is peace in going to work.
Excellent job culture
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 17, 2015
This job had an excellent merit system and the middle management was also good. It had a good work culture, however job security was low.
Once great, now big pharma
Director (Current Employee), CambridgeMarch 9, 2015
New management are focused on constant re-orgs and re-structures, by the time the dust settles and you figure out what is going on, another one is happening. Used to be a great company with a great community. Now it is eat or be eaten.
Fast Paced and Exciting
IT (Current Employee), RaleighMarch 8, 2015
Pros: high pay compared to market.
Cons: poor work-life balance, unflexible schedules, expect ot
This place is no joke, and they compensate well to prove it. But work life balance is a joke, they have a hard time hiring younger people that want a flexible schedule, many unhappy faces these days
Technical Development, Scientist/Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: modern work environment, excellent compensation
Cons: commuting into cambridge, potentially long work hours
My review is based on 26 years working in the Technical Development Department. Working at Biogen Idec is greatly rewarding but demands the most from you. The company has always run lean on headcount so expect to have more than enough work. Compensation is excellent including vacation days. Management is moving towards flexibility in work schedule and working out-of-office but this has not translate to the TD department. Biogen historically has done business in a matrix/team effort which at times results in no one owning a final decision. Your colleagues are excellent people and dedicated to the job. As Biogen matures into a prominent biopharmaceutical company, other job opportunities become available for employees to consider. It is not unusual to find employees who have been with the company for 10+ years.
Revenue