TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
Biogeneral is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to join our R&D/Customer Applications team.
Biogeneral is a highly respected developer and manufacturer of high performance monofilament, tubing and film utilizing a variety of polymer materials and customized to meet our customers’ needs. We offer engineering solutions and manufacturing support to the medical device and analytical equipment industries. At Biogeneral, technology often advances in unexpected ways. We stay at the forefront of polymer technology and our polymers are often used in next generation products.
This is a new position needed to support the continued growth of our business.
In this role you will…
- Review customer inquiries for technical and commercial requirements and apply acquired technical knowledge and understanding of company capabilities to research, develop and offer solutions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers’ engineering departments and key decision-makers to ensure a full-understanding of customers’ needs and to provide pre- and post-sale technical support.
- Participate in developing project proposals.
- Identify and develop new market and/or applications opportunities, generate product interest and develop strategies for increasing sales with existing customers.
- Represent Biogeneral at trade shows and other industry-specific events.
- Establish and maintain effective internal communications regarding customers, products, processes to ensure on-time delivery and uncompromising quality.
- Coordinate the company’s online and print media marketing efforts.
Biogeneral will provide the guidance and mentoring needed for the right candidate to learn the business and take on this key role.
The ideal candidate will have…
A bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or engineering field and the ability to learn the company’s technology.
At least 5 years experience in an engineering business environment with technical sales experience. Relevant industry experience preferred.
Most important, the ideal candidate must have the potential to be a flexible thinker in an expanding role.
Other requirements include:
Must be a self-motivated, team player to work in a collaborative environment.
Business acumen with strong customer focus.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Strong technical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
Proven ability to develop and implement sales, marketing and business development strategies.
Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Up to 15% travel required.
We offer a competitive salary and full range of benefits including company paid retirement plan and a challenging work environment. EOE
To learn more about our products and services, log on to www.biogeneral.com
If you share our passion for technology and innovation and would like to be considered for this role please submit your resume with salary requirements to: Kelly Mancini/Recruitment Consultant