Biola University Employee Reviews in United States

Great supportive work place
Assistant Wedding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CAApril 18, 2016
Biola is a great place to work for and has helped me grow my skills in a fun supportive environment. I would highly recommend working for them.
Productive and fun workplace
House keeper of Facility Management (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 25, 2016
I use to work in the library: Prepare tissue, toilet paper, hand soap, etc. Since I always the one who dusted all the bookshelves, I knowed what books our library had and what books we didn't have. Morning staffs had a meeting every morning at 5am in the office: we prayed for our work of that day and assigned each worker. Most workers are from South America and are very nice people. I miss them very much.
Pros
Holiday parties
Cons
Short breaks
Good working environment for Christians, Good supervisors
Physiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 27, 2015
My supervisors were very kind and patient in teaching me. They are also very good Christians, which is a plus for those who are seeking Christian work environment
Fun, caring workplace.
Eagle Host (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 28, 2015
My job was mostly left up to me, but the supervisors were very good about keeping me accountable and focused on the tasks. There is a tight bond with the co-workers that extends to outside of the office.
Great Place to be an RA
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 15, 2015
They have got a really great Residence Life program over there at Biola. All of the RDs are amazing. The res life leadership is great. I always felt that I could say anything and voice any concerns I had. They treat there residents really well and they invest a lot in their RAs.
Great work environment because of the people
Adjunct Professor, Department of Modern Languages (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 11, 2015
As an adjunct professor in French I teach one hour Monday through Thursday. I have found my colleagues to be very helpful as I am learning how things are done. I have found my students to be highly motivated to learn to speak French. Typically we review in French and speak in French 80-90% of the time each class. The students come from various backgrounds, which enriches our classroom experience, and they have varying abilities in French. The management (administration) is encouraging and after giving broad guidelines allows us to pursue those guidelines. My co-workers and the office support staff are superb. They are encouraging and helpful. Working with them is always productive. The hardest part of the job is maintaining forward momentum with all of my students without boring the best or losing the slowest. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching a student realize that he or she understands what we are doing in class as we speak French. That happens every day with at least one of my students, so I am enjoying my work very much.
Pros
Constructive and friendly interpersonal relationships at all levels
Cons
Parking is at a premium and never seems to be near where you need to be.
Catering Work Culture and Environment
Controller of BIOLA Newspaper (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CaliforniaApril 8, 2015
Biola University has less than 6,000 students, which allows the students to meet with the professors weekly or monthly. The professors actually teach the classes compared with Ivy league or top universities where many professors have their assistants teach the class from time to time. It truly was a very valuable experience and education where I had multiple resources available.

I worked and led as a part of the Newspaper staff as a controller for a year and a half where we were well under budget during my time there while implementing new softwares and ideas.
Wonderful Univeristy
Weddings & Events Intern - Present (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 26, 2015
Biola University is an outstanding University who offered a very hands on evetn planning internship that allowed me to host a Communication Department Event for the students and faculty of the University. I was emailing staff weekly, managing the schedule of the event and more.
Great for improving leadership skills
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 13, 2015
Jobs include organizing and executing events for Biola University’s Residence Life department. Also, worked on a staff of 8 people that helped in counseling to 65+ of my own residents and others, while also serving the Resident Director.
Part time work for older adults.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, Inglewood, and Mission Vejo;December 4, 2014
Taught online and distance learning courses for advanced population. I learned how to facilitate discussions of difficult and ethical issues.
Pros
learned to see different sides of ethical situation and be able to make the right choices.
Cons
there was a long commute to the school site.
Productive and fun
Intramural Referee (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 27, 2014
The environment of the campus is great. You get to work with and around college students. The atmosphere is upbeat and the other workers are very helpful and nice. Management is not perfect, but they are not terrible. I learned a ton about people and how to communicate better.
Good place to start
Cadet/ Student Officer (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 25, 2014
I was a student here and had a number of different student jobs when I was enrolled here. Most of my experiences here were very good. The people here are very nice and considerate. You can certainly build a lot of good skills here as a student before you graduate and enter the workforce.
A community of learning, service and research
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at Biole involves fellowship with the students and co-workers, classes and meetings in an friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students to grow in the learning of the Spanish lenguaje and culture.
Pros
a great cafeteria
Fun Film Projects
Festival Submissions and Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 15, 2014
The film students want to reach out to film and non-film students to work on their senior thesis projects. It is wonderful that non-film students are given a chance to build up their resume.
A clear mission statement.
Instructional Services (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 24, 2014
With a clear mission statement everyone on board can understand the goal of an institution. In order to buy into an institution employees need to clearly understand the institution's values and vision. It's the mission statement that brings it all together for the individual employee to see the bigger universal picture of the institution. When the mission statement is clear and practical, finding those who enjoy the work environment will not be hard to find.
benefits
Cons
lack of experienced supervisors.
I love my job
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 2, 2014
Typically a small amount of students showed up for tutoring, but when students did show up it was always a pleasant experience. Students left owning the material and constantly affirmed me in how well the material was explained. It is always a pleasure to get to know other students as well. The schedule is strictly based on availability therefore there are no issues with class and schedule interference.
Pros
the reaffirming atmosphere of students who seek your help
Cons
the salary
Excellent Work Environment
Web Developer (Student employee) (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMay 21, 2014
Biola is an excellent University to work for. Solid Christian network and great management!
Great student job
Access Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 31, 2014
They care about you at Biola. I loved working there. The work and hours were flexible enough to live my life and go to school.
Pros
steady work and fun atmosphere
Cons
i had to graduate
Engaging, integrative and faith-based learning, researching and teaching environment.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Biola University is a small, supportive community that emphasizes the integration of Christian faith and liberal arts disciplines. It has been a stimulating and encouraging place to study, teach, engage with students and interact with global ideas and strategies.
Excellent environment and mission
Administrative Assistant, Office of the President (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAAugust 6, 2013
Working at Biola is great. It's a beautiful campus with lots of activities happening all the time. There were lots of employees without it feeling overwhelming. It was fun to collaborate with other departments for a common goal. I definitely appreciated having a common faith as the undercurrent for daily life at Biola and enjoyed knowing I was making a difference in the lives of students and the community.

4.6