Biola University

Biola University Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Intramural Referee (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 27, 2014
The environment of the campus is great. You get to work with and around college students. The atmosphere is upbeat and the other workers are very helpful and nice. Management is not perfect, but they are not terrible. I learned a ton about people and how to communicate better.
Good place to start
Cadet/ Student Officer (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 25, 2014
I was a student here and had a number of different student jobs when I was enrolled here. Most of my experiences here were very good. The people here are very nice and considerate. You can certainly build a lot of good skills here as a student before you graduate and enter the workforce.
A community of learning, service and research
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: a great cafeteria
A typical day at Biole involves fellowship with the students and co-workers, classes and meetings in an friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students to grow in the learning of the Spanish lenguaje and culture.
Fun Film Projects
Festival Submissions and Grants Manager (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJuly 15, 2014
The film students want to reach out to film and non-film students to work on their senior thesis projects. It is wonderful that non-film students are given a chance to build up their resume.
A clear mission statement.
Instructional Services (Current Employee), La Habra, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of experienced supervisors.
With a clear mission statement everyone on board can understand the goal of an institution. In order to buy into an institution employees need to clearly understand the institution's values and vision. It's the mission statement that brings it all together for the individual employee to see the bigger universal picture of the institution. When the mission – more... statement is clear and practical, finding those who enjoy the work environment will not be hard to find. – less
I love my job
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: the reaffirming atmosphere of students who seek your help
Cons: the salary
Typically a small amount of students showed up for tutoring, but when students did show up it was always a pleasant experience. Students left owning the material and constantly affirmed me in how well the material was explained. It is always a pleasure to get to know other students as well. The schedule is strictly based on availability therefore there – more... are no issues with class and schedule interference. – less
Excellent Work Environment
Web Developer (Student employee) (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 21, 2014
Biola is an excellent University to work for. Solid Christian network and great management!
Great student job
Access Student Assistant (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: steady work and fun atmosphere
Cons: i had to graduate
They care about you at Biola. I loved working there. The work and hours were flexible enough to live my life and go to school.
Engaging, integrative and faith-based learning, researching and teaching environment.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Biola University is a small, supportive community that emphasizes the integration of Christian faith and liberal arts disciplines. It has been a stimulating and encouraging place to study, teach, engage with students and interact with global ideas and strategies.
Excellent environment and mission
Administrative Assistant, Office of the President (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 6, 2013
Working at Biola is great. It's a beautiful campus with lots of activities happening all the time. There were lots of employees without it feeling overwhelming. It was fun to collaborate with other departments for a common goal. I definitely appreciated having a common faith as the undercurrent for daily life at Biola and enjoyed knowing I was making – more... a difference in the lives of students and the community. – less
Stable company
Financial Aid Office Manager/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), confidentalJuly 17, 2013
Biola is a stable company. A great place to learn and grow career. Great training program.
A great place to work for
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 29, 2013
I was hired by Biola University, the department of sciences, to be a teaching assistant. Additionally, I worked for the Learning Center in the library. It is a fun place to work for and I loved teaching the students.
Great Place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 17, 2013
Pros: work around schedule
As a student-graphic designer at Biola University, I review marketing requests for various ads for campus events. This job allowed me to further my design profession and experience working with clients and a real workflow.
Graett team work
Academic Advisor/ Program Operations Associate (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: program was shut down.
Excellent and cooperative environment. Meeting students need in their academic carrer.
Morally sufficient and determined workplace
Muslim Ministries Volunteer (Current Employee), La Mirada, CAJanuary 15, 2013
I volunteer at Muslim Ministries and love the atmosphere and all the people. I learned how to have compassion for people that are very different from me, and how to break down social and cultural barriers in order to have a relationship with them. A typical day is visiting a local mosque and starting conversations with Muslims there. My colleagues were – more... all very loving and encouraging through my learning process. The hardest part of the job was balancing out the conversation and knowing when to stop talking and when to listen. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Textbook Receiver (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: benefits, work hours, management.
Cons: pay, promotions, traffic.
Great work environment, very good benefits and medical, flexible and understanding management, low stress, good location. Paid time off is very generous, and employees receive half day Friday's during the summer. Management genuinely cares about the employee's wellbeing and work toward their development.
Good school.
Teacher (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 2, 2012
Good school. Many encouraging students. It is difficult to fairly review the school, since I only would teach there once a year.
Fun and Practical
Student Technician (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 6, 2012
Pros: right on campus
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
Biola Facilities Services was a relaxed, practical, hands on good working place
Amazing Place to Work
Assistant to the Benefits Manager (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAApril 10, 2012
Pros: beautiful campus, great co-workers, great benefits
Cons: lower compensation
My experience at BIOLA University was excellent. The people at BIOLA are very passionate about BIOLA's mission and goal to bring in more students. This is evident by the quality of work you see in every department.

I worked with an excellent HR staff. It was my job to administer the employee benefits and workers' comp. to over 1,000 employees. This – more... was my first "real" job after college. My boss gave me so many opportunities to grow and learn about benefits. I was able to develop a new benefits orientation presentation for new employees that had not be created before. This is where my passion and desire to be creative in HR began. – less