BioLife Plasma Services

BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 14, 2015
The benefits are nice and the pay is decent. The hours could be a little better. It can be stressful at times since it is so fast paced.
Fun to interact with different people. That's the best part about the job.
Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 11, 2015
Fun to interact with different people. That's the best part about the job. Fun to interact with different people. That's the best part about the job.
Great employer
Senior Plasma Center Technician / Trainer (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMay 6, 2015
Biolife was a great company to work for. They offered awesome benefits and pay for the work, helped out in the community, and offered a professional and fun work environment. I learned customer service skills, as well as phlebotomy, safety procedures, and how to deal with upset donors and work with others in a fast-paced, stressful climate. The hardest part of the job was being pulled several ways by different management and having leads that were unable to communicate to everyone properly. I enjoyed the interactions with the donors and my coworkers and learning about plasma and all the ways it can help people.
Biolife Review
Master Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Dekalb, ILApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management style, hours, compensation
Overall, Biolife Plasma Services is a great company and provides a great work environment for their employees. The management staff at the center in which I was employed was below average to say the least. I transferred from a different Biolife center last summer and it has been a tough transition due to the inexperience of the management staff. Other than management, Biolife provided great benefits and job security. There was also room for advancement within a short amount of time. I would suggest that young individuals looking to crack into the health field should apply to Biolife.
Rewarding job, because you were helping save lives.
SENIOR PLASMA TECHNICIAN/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Lima, OH.April 9, 2015
Pros: received a lot of experience with phlebotomy
Cons: High turnover in management, made it frustrating.
The goal was to get donors hooked up with plasmapheresis as quickly as possible so we could have them in and out as quick as possible. I also was medical historian trainer at the front, where I would train new employees, answer phones, greet donors, set appointments, check hematocrit levels, vital signs, etc.
Great place to get phlebotomy experience, and to make a difference
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2015
The training program is one of the best I've ever seen. You HAVE to have trainers sign you off on things before doing them on your own or advancing. You KNOW pretty much exactly what you need to do to move up the ladder- and there is always room for advancement. The pay is good and the people are generally upbeat and helpful. The donors can really run the spectrum from super nice to liking to keep to themselves to really rude and irritating. There are typical days of the week and times of day when it is very busy, but there is an online scheduler that keeps this somewhat manageable. The most difficult part of the job is getting used to the strict guidelines about everything you do, and everything you document (and HOW you document for that matter). It can be a very repetitive job, for better or worse. Lunch breaks are 20 minutes on clock or 30 off (most people go for the 20). Bathroom breaks can sometimes be difficult to arrange. Overall, it's great experience, great benefits, and generally a lot of really nice donors and team mates to chat with every day.
BioLife Plasma Services
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), BioLife Plasma ServicesMarch 18, 2015
Lots of SOPs and protocols to remember, lots of extra training daily, management definitely plays favorites, the employees are all older men and women who have a lot of unfortunate attitudes.
One Big Happy Family
Phlebotomist/ Medical historian (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: breakfast every saturday
Cons: there were no cons
I liked working there. We were family oriented workers. Management made sure sure training was done. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a good venipuncture from a patient.
Challenging and fast pace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sioux City, IAMarch 14, 2015
Great community interaction creates the most enjoyable part of the job. Co-workers are helpful and fun to work with. Even though the work we perform is very consistent there isn't a day that is the same.
Busy work place
Advanced Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: some of the rules they had
Was always busy from the time you clocked in and the time you clocked out.

I learned about how to work under stress. I also learned how to handle issues.

Co-workers: Co- workers were ok. Some didn't like me.

Hardest Part : I was always running from section to section helping when I needed to be in my section to make sure that it was running smoothly. Also dealing with unhappy donors

Enjoyable: I enjoyed what I did. I love my job. I enjoyed working with the donors and saving lives.
loved it!!
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunches but hey!
great place to work. everyone was a family and worked together. Management helped you when needed and great opportunities to train others and grow
Productive fun work environment that offers many satisfying challenges
Employee (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work/life balance
The workday offers many satisfying challenges. Each day brings with it different challenges. The reward is what we do, produce life-saving plasma for our patients. The work environment is fun as all co-workers are great to work beside. It is an enjoyable place to work that offers fun, friendship, and advancement.
Excellent benefits
Senior Plasma Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, sundays off, training provided
Cons: work/life balance
A good place to work if you don't have any children. The work schedule is pretty much everywhere and not very predictable. The work load varies but management is very good at being part of the team. The benefits are wonderful and you also get ample vacation time.
very productive place to work
medical historian/phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches from drug reps
Cons: short breaks, not being able to leave your station
A typical day at work was usually very fast paced. It was here I learned the skills of a phlebotomist. I enjoyed all the management and they were always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. The hardest part of my job at the time was being pregnant and being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all different walks of life
Job
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), MenashaJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing phlebotomy to collect raw plasma for processing in accordance with company SOP's. Biolife is a very nice company to work for, the work schedule is a bit difficult with working two morning than switching to three nights a week with rotating weekends.
Provides an interactive, teamwork culture.
Senior Plasma Center Technician/Lead Trainer (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 10, 2015
This is a great place to work if you like to help and work with people.
Absolutely loved working at Biolife!
Medical Supervisor/Medical Support Specialist/RN (Former Employee), Ames, IADecember 23, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers, great benefits, great pay
Biolife is a fun working environment due to the diversity of employees as well as donors. We always had a great time while saving lives through plasma donation.
Fast pace
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Moorhead, MNDecember 15, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: work schedule was inconsistant
Fast pace and changing hours while doing phlebotomy and working with patients.
always Understaffed and unorganized
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), joplin, moNovember 17, 2014
Center is always understaffed and is unorganized...................................................................
Tough Work/Life Balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
Work mainly consisted of trying to implement corporate initiatives or changes. Management in the center was great but regional influence was overbearing. The best part of the job was the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance.

1 2 3 4 5