BioLife Plasma Services

BioLife Plasma Services Employer Reviews

Productive and rewarding job
Advanced Senior Plasma Center Technician (ASPCT) (Former Employee), Independence, MOJuly 16, 2013
Pros: fast-paced, good coworkers
Cons: no breaks at times due to being short staffed and too busy
I learned a lot by working for Biolife Plasma Services for the past six years. I was able to move up in the company so I was able to keep learning and not get bored. I liked the people I worked with and that made work fun and also getting to know the donors who came in on a regular basis. A typical day for me would usually be out working on the donor – more... floor as a phlebotomist either training new employees or running breaks. I would also cover breaks in the Medical History area where I would perform fingersticks to check the donor's iron and protein levels, take their weight, take vital signs, help them make appointments, answer the phones, etc. I would also cover breaks in the sample prep area where I would take samples off of each bag of plasma prior to placing it in the freezer. I was trained in every area of the facility and also looked over paperwork throughout the center to ensure quality and have any mistakes corrected. – less
Got to Interact with people daily
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJuly 13, 2013
Draw blood from people.
Take vital signs.
Communication skills.
Being able to talk to people while working.
Excellent benefits
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Layton, UTJuly 10, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare, compensation
Cons: leadership
Layton Utah Clinic offered great benefits, upper management could use more training in people skills, lack of effective leadership and respect made for a challenging work environment, learned about plasma collection and its beneficial uses.
Fun environment
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great managment, great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, paperwork
Great place to work! You have to put in long hours (shift work) but the pay is great so it makes the long hours worth it.
Fast Paced Environment
Advanced Sr. Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJune 29, 2013
The hardest part of the job is the fast pace.

The best part is working with the donors and providing and excellent service.
Fast-paced, with a friendly atmosphere
RN Medical Supervisor (MS) (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 26, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor job security
A typical work day would include evaluation of donor suitability to donate plasma. This would include a medical history review, evaluation of test results and hand-on physical exams. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Management is easily accessible and my direct co-workers were the icing on the cake. A great place to work with even better benefits.
Fast pace environment
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 25, 2013
A typical day at work is screening potential donors for plasma donations. The day is fully loaded with several appointments that are five minutes apart. In an average day the center processes almost 200 plus donors which equals out to 1500 donations a week. I've learned to have extreme patient and understanding of different types of people.
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 1, 2013
Biolife is a place where long lasting relationships between donors and coworkers take place. The best thing is knowing good things are happening all around every step of the way. The hardest part of the job from time to time is working under stressful conditions.
Biolife
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Menasha, WIMay 11, 2013
This company has great values and wants to provide the best product to its clients possible. The plasma program is great for anyone who needs to make a couple extra bucks and wants to help others.
Review
Registered Nurse/Medical Supervisor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 6, 2013
BioLife was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the diverse donors. The hours were variable. I could work some nights all the way till 9:30pm, and have to be back at 6:00am, with an hour commute. Management was very bias and unprofessional. People were not treated equally. They were treated the way management liked – more... you. The company was more concerned about mistakes being corrected, than the actual working of the facility. – less
Fast-paced Environment, Low Compensation
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Independence, MOApril 3, 2013
A fast-paced environment, and fun the majority of the time. The organization of daily tasks is often not prioritized efficiently. Communication is a bit flawed and therefore sometimes creates an un-unified team atmosphere. Great personalities are hired and therefore makes for enjoyable peer relationships.
Not A good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2013
Cons: wages and management
I worked from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Fast paced environment you treat 6 donors at one time. The phlebotomist where I was employed were right out of high school so the environment was like being in high school. My manager was young and treated me with such disrespect, demeaning me and humiliating me in front of my co-workers and the clients, and what a – more... surprise to them when I turned in my time after 7 months of this. The employment turn over rate is very very high probably because of the wages and the favoritism shown from the children who are promoted into management. And UPPER MANAGEMENT they only care about how much money they are making. If you are a good worker over the age of 30 DO NOT APPLY there. – less
PLASMA CENTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: *
Cons: *
i enjoy working at Biolofe Plasma Services, the benefits are great and it is a fun working environment
Quality Management Representative
Quality Management Representative (Former Employee), Walker, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Review and verify documents for completion and accuracy. Check inventory for quality assurance. Daily correspondence with regional manager. Attend daily management meeting. Perform monthly, quarterly, annual audits. Host FDA audits. Enforce SOP's. Ensure calibration of plasma center equipment. Perform quality reviews. Write quality reports based on – more... audit and review findings. – less
Poor management, high turn over, favortism
Technican (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: health benefits.
Cons: read review summary.
While Biolife provides a product that saves lifes they don't treat their employees very well. Extreme favortism towards younger inexperienced workers, managers who don't have a clue what they are doing, changing schedules that you can't plan your home life for more than 2 weeks, no breaks most days when you have been standing on your feet for hours, – more... management turnover every few months, can't trust anyone to tell the truth, the goal is to get as many donors through so they can increase their profits, they sell a bag of plasma for $1000's of dollars yet pay their employees and donors squat.

Would not recommened them to anyone unless you need to get some limited experience to move into nursing or other medical related field.

The only reason most people are there is the health benefits through Baxter Healthcare. – less
A positive work environment, with a great staff and job satisfaction.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Newport, KYFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, excellent work atmoshphere, great teamwork, structured program
Cons: worked under the threat of being closed if donor goals were not met.
I opened the center everyday for operation and assisted with the processing of donors to help with productivity. Everyday was a training day for me either maintainng records, conducting a training session, renewing certification for an employee as well as management duties.

The management staff worked together to accomodate personal schedule preferences. – more... We presented a model of team work and a positive attitude to promote a healthy work attitude to achieve our goals in growing our center.

The staff at Bio-Life worked together as a team. We strived to create fun work environment while increasing productivity and a welcoming environment for our donors.

I learned the importance of a positive work environment not only for the staff members but also for our donors (customers). We enjoyed coming to work and our donors were happy while spending time with us making their plasma donation. The center has been closed for 10 years and we still communicate with one another and talk about how great our jobs were and how much fun we had working together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was training new employees and teaching them a new skill. Working with each staff member to explore time efficient ways of performing their duties to increase donor turnover.

The hardest part of my job usually occured after hours. As part of management staff we were responsible for being on call 24 hours a day. When a freezer would malfunction, we would be called in when the temperature would reach a danger zone for the storage of the plasma. There were very strict SOP for documentation, temperature checks and potential relocation of all units of plasma in the freezer. This could result in hundreds of cases of plasma to be moved within strict time constraints. – less
ok place to work
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management didnt know too much
not as good as i thought it would be and your constantly in training for every part of the job.
Good phlebotomy experience, poor managment, not the best job, could be worse
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Layton, UTFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: social interaction, get to know donors, good phlebotomy experience
Cons: micromanaged, short/no breaks, poor managment, most people dislike working there
Its a good temporary job but you will go crazy if you work there very long. Its good phlebotomy experience and gives you patient care hours. You're paid decent and the job itself is not hard, but dealing with the micromanaged system gets annoying. There is a high turn over rate because of the way employees are treated. I loved my coworkers. You need – more... to be thick skinned and take criticism well. If you become the head manager's favorite, you can advance quickly. Lots of unfair politics when it comes to promotions/advancing. – less
Worst place I have ever worked.
Senior Phlebotomy and Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: donors are fun to work with.
Cons: see review.
Constantly changing hours of operation. If they could get away with no breaks/restroom breaks/lunch breaks, they would. No flexibility with scheduling. Management team is lazy and extremely demanding. Very high turnover rate.
I learned how to smile
Medical Historian (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: seeing and meeting so many new people.
Cons: how unhappy my coworkers were and sometimes not being able to brighten their day.
A typical day at work was running from beginning to end! My co-workers were jealous because I somehow managed to memorize almost all of the donors names, but I was very proud of myself as this always brought a smile to their faces, as well as mine. I loved being able to interact with the donors in the brief prescreening moments; asking how their days – more... were and catching up on what I could recall about their lives. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everyone positive in the work environment when everyone was so unhappy. – less