BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews

Senior Plasma Technician
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNMarch 27, 2017
A typical day as a Senior Plasma Technician would be calibrating the plasma machines, setting up plasma machine tubing, and performing entry-level phlebotomy skills.
Would not work there with the same management.
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 11, 2017
Management was awful. Hours were awful. They wanted you to live and breath for BioLIfe. Benefits were great. Pay was good and Benefits were good. I would not be able to work there with the same management
Pros
Pay, Overtime, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, No time off the floor for water or bathroom breaks, Management was awful and favored
Enjoyed working at BioLife, workplace culture great!!
Medical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 11, 2017
I found my job very challenging and rewarding. A great group of people to work for and with. Management was very supportive and always ready to help with anything that was needed to help our day run smoothly.
Pros
Great Benefets
Cons
scheduling was a bit chaotic.
Ok place to work
TECH (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 11, 2017
Was a great place to work,but then started getting rid of the older employees and replacing with younger ones. I like my hours and working with the patients.
Pros
hours
Cons
the way i was treated
Productive and fun work place
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2017
Very fun relaxed environment, a very close sense of unity almost like family, even with the donors. Sometimes long hours but goes by fast with constant productivity and an energetic environment.
Great Place to work
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day is busy. Fun coworkers to get the job done. Management is great. They are fun and always willing to help. It is a open environment that is kept light hearted and we are always encouraging to each other to do are best. Hardest part is managing all your donors and constantly communicating when it is busy. I enjoy the staff and management the most.
Good experience
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 17, 2017
-Employees are helpful
-Everyone works together very well
-Fast paced environment at times
-Great benefits and compensation
-Short breaks
-Not great hours
Pros
Training on hand.
Cons
Bad hours
Specialized Plasma Center Technician
Specialized Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2017
-Committed to meet customer service expectations
-Intake of new donors
-Answering phones and reception duties
-Maintain orderly filing system
-Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, weight, and temperature
-Data entry into the Donor Information System (DIS)
-Prepare and assemble new and repeat donor charts
-Stock supplies
-Install, prime, and disconnect disposable sets on the plasmapheresis machines
-Monitor donors during donation process
-Perform entry-level Phlebotomy floor skills as assigned and trained
Pros
Good Benefits & Co-Workers
Cons
No job stability or understanding when weather was bad, horrible hours
Good room to advance, with great benefits
Operations Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 3, 2017
BioLife is a great company to work for, with the potential for advancement. Benefits are amazing, vacation is great, and there is never a dull moment.
Good Job with Great Benefits
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Biolife is a fast pace job with plenty of room for advancement. It's a customer service based job that pays people to come and donate their plasma. The plasma goes towards therapeutic medicine for others. It's a great company to work for with great benefits. You don't even need to be full time to qualify.
Horrible
Technician (Current Employee) –  TechnicianJanuary 27, 2017
I'm disappointed with this place. Lack of professionalism with staff and doners and lack of customer service. Beware what the money leads to. The experience is not worth going. Managers need to step up and get rid of bad employees.
Pros
None because of the horrible experience
Cons
Unprofessional employees; No consideration for your personal time
Great for initial start in medical field
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day for MH is to screen potential donors all day. I learned acceptable ranges for HCT, BP, temperature, pulse rate and protein levels. We don't really have a work- place culture for we have changed to two different companies since I have been working here and I am just past my 90 day mark. The job is easy and it is a great start for anyone who wants to enter into the medical field. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people on the job.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, ease of job
Cons
Standing on your feet all day, you only get one 15 minute break and 1 lunch, another con is they will send you home early if it is slow
Biolife
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2017
Benefits are great. Work hours are terrible for raising a family. The work day is not hard or complicated, but the constant strain of being pulled different directions and unable to complete job description is frustrating.
A fun and flexible job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at BioLife Plasma Services. They offer paid time off, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401K matching. The hours can be very flexible if you have kids or school.
I got to know several of the regular donors and fostered friendships there.
Pros
The benefits, the flexibility
Cons
Only 30 min for lunch
interesting place to work
Senior Plasma Center Tech. (phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 30, 2016
I really enjoyed the work I did at biolife. We drew plasma to be used for several different health issues, and that was probably the part I enjoyed the most.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 26, 2016
Overall, I enjoy my job at BioLife Plasma Services. I have learned a great deal about working in the medical field as well as working as part of a team. The management is exceptional. I feel as if they have taken the time to get to know me as a person as well as how I work. However, it is difficult to maintain my life at home with the hours I am currently working. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with, including the donors.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, exceptional management, flexible schedules when needed
Cons
Unable to increase hours
Great Place to Work, Just not for Me
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 22, 2016
BioLife is my first job ever in the medical field and I must say it has been quite the experience. It's not that I do not like my job, I just need something with more of a set schedule.
Pros
Job advancement, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Not a family-friendly job
great place to work bad hours and communication in the work place
Senior Plasma Technician (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 28, 2016
Love the environment of the donors but the work place is crazy, not much time for breaks and hard to get help when needed, the benefits are great but the scheduling is very negitive
Work very hard
Advanced phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 27, 2016
If there are donors waiting, you will not get a break. The work is extremely stressful. and the hours are terrible. One week you work mornings, the next week you work nights. They try very hard to be consistent by using the 5S system, but the things that are preposterous are that you will be written up for not signing your name the same way every single time.
Extremely hot or cold conditions. If you are on the donor floor, you are wearing scrubs and jackets that are moisture resistant so you are sweating profusely, and then you will be required to go into the freezer and clean, It is very high stress.
Pros
Benefits are good, nice advancement opportunities
Cons
High stress
decent training, terribly stressful
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 25, 2016
They push you through training rather you are ready or not. They used to let only the best become phlebotomist, then they started pushing everyone to be a part in a factory assembly line. You then have little old ladies who used to just check vitals being forced to stick people or lose their jobs despite it not being what they were hired for.
Management would only let their buddies go to school and work around it, even though biolife was set up to support those who wanted to pursue education.
You weren't allowed to sit or lean only stand for hours a day, breaks sometimes were cut short or not given if they wanted you.
You were given titles like trainer so you could be fired for someone else's mistakes but none of the benefits such as pay increase.
Very stressful environment
Pros
Some medical training
Cons
short/ no breaks / horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioLife Plasma Services. Our community is ready to answer.