BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great at the beginning
Plasma Center Tech (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 29, 2015
The peers that you work with on your level are great! I have a lot of friends that I made there. But honestly thats where the pro's of working here end. On your feet for up to 7 hours a day with out a break and if its busy forget going to the bathroom they wont let you. Management sits in their offices all day and they don't come and help when you are struggling. I was promised advancement and quality training. I was flat out told that I would not be advancing at all and the training was sub-par, Unless you got a trainer that was friendly. Ultimately not a positive work environment and it gets to be really hard on your body and quite stressful
Pros
Benefits for part time employees
Cons
Not guaranteed any breaks besides your lunch if you work more than 6 hours
Exciting and challenging work environment, truly helping others, opportunity for advancement
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJuly 27, 2015
BioLife is a great employer, they are truly interested in their employees and spend time and effort developing them and providing them with lots of opportunities for advancement. At BioLife you really feel like you are making a difference as you work to collect life-saving plasma and you can also make a difference in a donor's experience. Often fast-paced, it is a fun environment and attracts employees that are energetic and care about what they do.
Very Productive
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 20, 2015
We are always very busy at Bio Life. We have our regular donors that come in on a day to day basis and we have new donors everyday as well. There is never a dull moment. There is always something new and exciting going on with new things to learn as well. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning new skills. That is also the most rewarding part of the job.
The donors were the most enjoyable part of my job
Medical Historian (Current Employee) –  DeKalb IllinoisJune 29, 2015
Most days get excessively busy about a half hour before closing. I learned communication, teamwork, and patience. Management was
good and some easy to talk to. Co-workers were helpful. The changing shifts from one week to the next was the hardest to adapt to.
Benefits
Cons
alternating shifts
Great company to work for with excellent benefits
Senior Regional Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 23, 2015
I have worked at BioLife for almost 9 years and have loved the different positions and opportunities this company has provided me. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in the medical field and love that I get to meet new people on a daily basis.
Productive work place
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2015
Productive work place. Very metric driven. Enjoy the people that I come in contact with. New faces everyday. Great opportunity to advance within the company.
Decent place to work
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 14, 2015
The benefits are nice and the pay is decent. The hours could be a little better. It can be stressful at times since it is so fast paced.
Great employer
Senior Plasma Center Technician / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 6, 2015
Biolife was a great company to work for. They offered awesome benefits and pay for the work, helped out in the community, and offered a professional and fun work environment. I learned customer service skills, as well as phlebotomy, safety procedures, and how to deal with upset donors and work with others in a fast-paced, stressful climate. The hardest part of the job was being pulled several ways by different management and having leads that were unable to communicate to everyone properly. I enjoyed the interactions with the donors and my coworkers and learning about plasma and all the ways it can help people.
Biolife Review
Master Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Dekalb, ILApril 12, 2015
Overall, Biolife Plasma Services is a great company and provides a great work environment for their employees. The management staff at the center in which I was employed was below average to say the least. I transferred from a different Biolife center last summer and it has been a tough transition due to the inexperience of the management staff. Other than management, Biolife provided great benefits and job security. There was also room for advancement within a short amount of time. I would suggest that young individuals looking to crack into the health field should apply to Biolife.
Benefits
Cons
Management style, hours, compensation
Rewarding job, because you were helping save lives.
SENIOR PLASMA TECHNICIAN/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH.April 9, 2015
The goal was to get donors hooked up with plasmapheresis as quickly as possible so we could have them in and out as quick as possible. I also was medical historian trainer at the front, where I would train new employees, answer phones, greet donors, set appointments, check hematocrit levels, vital signs, etc.
Pros
received a lot of experience with phlebotomy
Cons
High turnover in management, made it frustrating.
Great place to get phlebotomy experience, and to make a difference
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2015
The training program is one of the best I've ever seen. You HAVE to have trainers sign you off on things before doing them on your own or advancing. You KNOW pretty much exactly what you need to do to move up the ladder- and there is always room for advancement. The pay is good and the people are generally upbeat and helpful. The donors can really run the spectrum from super nice to liking to keep to themselves to really rude and irritating. There are typical days of the week and times of day when it is very busy, but there is an online scheduler that keeps this somewhat manageable. The most difficult part of the job is getting used to the strict guidelines about everything you do, and everything you document (and HOW you document for that matter). It can be a very repetitive job, for better or worse. Lunch breaks are 20 minutes on clock or 30 off (most people go for the 20). Bathroom breaks can sometimes be difficult to arrange. Overall, it's great experience, great benefits, and generally a lot of really nice donors and team mates to chat with every day.
BioLife Plasma Services
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  BioLife Plasma ServicesMarch 18, 2015
Lots of SOPs and protocols to remember, lots of extra training daily, management definitely plays favorites, the employees are all older men and women who have a lot of unfortunate attitudes.
One Big Happy Family
Phlebotomist/ Medical historian (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2015
I liked working there. We were family oriented workers. Management made sure sure training was done. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a good venipuncture from a patient.
Pros
breakfast every saturday
Cons
there were no cons
Challenging and fast pace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 14, 2015
Great community interaction creates the most enjoyable part of the job. Co-workers are helpful and fun to work with. Even though the work we perform is very consistent there isn't a day that is the same.
Busy work place
Advanced Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2015
Was always busy from the time you clocked in and the time you clocked out.

I learned about how to work under stress. I also learned how to handle issues.

Co-workers: Co- workers were ok. Some didn't like me.

Hardest Part : I was always running from section to section helping when I needed to be in my section to make sure that it was running smoothly. Also dealing with unhappy donors

Enjoyable: I enjoyed what I did. I love my job. I enjoyed working with the donors and saving lives.
Pros
job security
Cons
some of the rules they had
loved it!!
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 16, 2015
great place to work. everyone was a family and worked together. Management helped you when needed and great opportunities to train others and grow
Pros
30 min lunches but hey!
Productive fun work environment that offers many satisfying challenges
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
The workday offers many satisfying challenges. Each day brings with it different challenges. The reward is what we do, produce life-saving plasma for our patients. The work environment is fun as all co-workers are great to work beside. It is an enjoyable place to work that offers fun, friendship, and advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Excellent benefits
Senior Plasma Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 4, 2015
A good place to work if you don't have any children. The work schedule is pretty much everywhere and not very predictable. The work load varies but management is very good at being part of the team. The benefits are wonderful and you also get ample vacation time.
Pros
benefits, sundays off, training provided
Cons
work/life balance
very productive place to work
medical historian/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work was usually very fast paced. It was here I learned the skills of a phlebotomist. I enjoyed all the management and they were always willing to lend a helping hand when needed. The hardest part of my job at the time was being pregnant and being on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all different walks of life
Pros
free lunches from drug reps
Cons
short breaks, not being able to leave your station
Job
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  MenashaJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing phlebotomy to collect raw plasma for processing in accordance with company SOP's. Biolife is a very nice company to work for, the work schedule is a bit difficult with working two morning than switching to three nights a week with rotating weekends.