BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 1, 2014
One of the best jobs I have had and a a great company to work for. I liked the people I worked with and I liked that the management was trained to work in all areas of the facility. The Center manager and the two assistant managers worked their way up from the bottom. I made friends at this job that I still keep in contact with. I also really enjoyed my time with the donors. I would go back to work here if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
pay, benefits, time off/vacation, no sundays
Cons
saturdays were longs days
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Employee (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OklahomaSeptember 26, 2013
I worked diligently for this company for a long time. Absolutely loved it. Fast paced, mostly nice class of donors. The problem? ?Management...favoritism, sexual discrimination, unfair promotion.I told HR, nothing came of it. So...here it is, Biolife, why make company rules when you don't enforce them? Having employees falsify documentation, promoting employees you should have fired. I know it is true, I have witnessed it time after time!
Pros
if you're a man, you could advance quickly.
Cons
favoritism, discrimination, unjust and unfair promotion, pretty much an ignorant managment staff.
Great company, great people, great benefits and doing something wonderful!
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2012
Biolife is a pretty neat place to work. There is a lot of room for advancement, management is very kind and you can tell they not only care about the company, but the employees and donors as well. The employees are very friendly and always ready to help. The benefits are excellent and I am very happy.
Pros
competitive pay, great benefits, advancement opportunities, bonuses
Cons
short breaks, trainers need to interpret sop's the same
Strict but generous environment that prepares young people for a career path. Th absolute best benefits
RN / Medical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 14, 2012
Excellent training program for all positions
SOPs are readily available and adhered to strictly with lots of support to be successful.Lots of internal movement available.
Leadership prepares young people for career;good career path
The best benefits I have ever had.
Lots of Community Service/involvement.
Very efficient.
Good relationship with FDA
Pros
excellent benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Busy workplace with good colleagues
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 11, 2012
Most every day is consistently busy with donors. Sometimes there are slow periods, but not often. There are only so many different positions for someone to work. Medical Historian or working out on the floor. My co-workers are one of the best parts of working there. I have created some very strong friendships with some of them even. The supervisors are really good, it's just the upper management that is one of the worst things about working at BioLife.
Pros
competitive health insurance
Cons
management, scheduling inconsistent
Benefits excellent. Understaffed. Non-medical management pushing for high production with sarcasm and condesending attitudes towards all employees.
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 30, 2012
Processed physicals, inputting info into computers, also doing patient care of reactions when needed. The job was based more on productivity rather than nursing care. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with ever-changing standards of operation. One day info may be qualified and the next day it would be disqualified. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was working with fellow nurses.
Pros
co-workers and benefits
Cons
productivity over nursing judgements.
fast-paced workplace, lots of oppourtunities to move up if youre willing to move
Master Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 10, 2012
very fast-paced, customer service oriented work. I Learned a lot about working in a medical environment, and Phlebotomy. Most of the people I worked with here are what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was that it can be very high stress and there is very little reward for hard work. The most enjoyable part is feeling like you are improving and are able to help other employees improve too.
Pros
fun staff, vacation time and paid holiday
Cons
lots of micro-managment
I learned how to smile
Medical Historian (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 27, 2013
A typical day at work was running from beginning to end! My co-workers were jealous because I somehow managed to memorize almost all of the donors names, but I was very proud of myself as this always brought a smile to their faces, as well as mine. I loved being able to interact with the donors in the brief prescreening moments; asking how their days were and catching up on what I could recall about their lives. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everyone positive in the work environment when everyone was so unhappy.
Pros
seeing and meeting so many new people.
Cons
how unhappy my coworkers were and sometimes not being able to brighten their day.
Review
Registered Nurse/Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 6, 2013
BioLife was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the diverse donors. The hours were variable. I could work some nights all the way till 9:30pm, and have to be back at 6:00am, with an hour commute. Management was very bias and unprofessional. People were not treated equally. They were treated the way management liked you. The company was more concerned about mistakes being corrected, than the actual working of the facility.
Not A good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2013
I worked from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Fast paced environment you treat 6 donors at one time. The phlebotomist where I was employed were right out of high school so the environment was like being in high school. My manager was young and treated me with such disrespect, demeaning me and humiliating me in front of my co-workers and the clients, and what a surprise to them when I turned in my time after 7 months of this. The employment turn over rate is very very high probably because of the wages and the favoritism shown from the children who are promoted into management. And UPPER MANAGEMENT they only care about how much money they are making. If you are a good worker over the age of 30 DO NOT APPLY there.
Cons
wages and management
i love my job and the interactions with the donors each day.
Master Senior Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IASeptember 29, 2013
Everyday when I go to work I perform phlebotomy and interact/ attend to six donors at a time with totals of a day being 30-40. I love the donors and it is a very fun environment if you want it to be. There are stressful times when we are rushing around during busy times. We get great benefits!
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
number of supervisors/managers on each shift and poor communication
This was my first Medical job.
Phlebotomist, Medical Historian, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 26, 2013
I started out as a Receptionist and within three weeks I was promoted to a Medical Hisorian. After about a year of that, I was the second person to ever be crossed trained as both the front end and the back end. The back end was where all the donations took place. So I became a Phlebotomist.
Pros
patients, hours, salary, life balance, and the learning potential.
Cons
too may two face phoney people.
Quality Management Representative
Quality Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Review and verify documents for completion and accuracy. Check inventory for quality assurance. Daily correspondence with regional manager. Attend daily management meeting. Perform monthly, quarterly, annual audits. Host FDA audits. Enforce SOP's. Ensure calibration of plasma center equipment. Perform quality reviews. Write quality reports based on audit and review findings.
Fast-paced, with a friendly atmosphere
RN Medical Supervisor (MS) (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 26, 2013
A typical work day would include evaluation of donor suitability to donate plasma. This would include a medical history review, evaluation of test results and hand-on physical exams. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Management is easily accessible and my direct co-workers were the icing on the cake. A great place to work with even better benefits.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor job security
Good phlebotomy experience, poor managment, not the best job, could be worse
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 5, 2013
Its a good temporary job but you will go crazy if you work there very long. Its good phlebotomy experience and gives you patient care hours. You're paid decent and the job itself is not hard, but dealing with the micromanaged system gets annoying. There is a high turn over rate because of the way employees are treated. I loved my coworkers. You need to be thick skinned and take criticism well. If you become the head manager's favorite, you can advance quickly. Lots of unfair politics when it comes to promotions/advancing.
Pros
social interaction, get to know donors, good phlebotomy experience
Cons
micromanaged, short/no breaks, poor managment, most people dislike working there
Fun coworkers and supervisors but management is difficult
Senior Plasma Center Tech (Current Employee) –  Layton UtMarch 7, 2012
The company is has a great feel at first and the management will make it sound perfect but in truth they will make it very difficult to get your personal life to work with it at all. Supervisors are great and very helpful. the district managers are great and listen to any complaints you have and the corperate HR is very helpful.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
management
Productive and efficient place to work
Sr. Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2012
On a typical day I would stick around 20-30 donors, handle reactions, red blood cell loss, and hematomas. Some days can be very fast paced. The training is good. I have learned how to make myself better at what I do. Management is okay at times. I have not had any problems with them. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with donors who do not want to do a crossover. I enjoy what I do.
BioLife Plasma Services
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  BioLife Plasma ServicesMarch 18, 2015
Lots of SOPs and protocols to remember, lots of extra training daily, management definitely plays favorites, the employees are all older men and women who have a lot of unfortunate attitudes.
Challenging and fast pace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 14, 2015
Great community interaction creates the most enjoyable part of the job. Co-workers are helpful and fun to work with. Even though the work we perform is very consistent there isn't a day that is the same.
Fast pace environment
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 25, 2013
A typical day at work is screening potential donors for plasma donations. The day is fully loaded with several appointments that are five minutes apart. In an average day the center processes almost 200 plus donors which equals out to 1500 donations a week. I've learned to have extreme patient and understanding of different types of people.