BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews

The best place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 2, 2014
Pros: training was a+. co-worker were amazing
Cons: there are none
It was a great work environment. I loved working there it was fun and I got a chance to learn so much about the field and the industry.
Very fast paced
Plasma Center Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMay 30, 2014
It was great working for Biolife. They are very friendly and understandable towards your needs. Great management team and willing to help in advancement. Work was always very fast paced but friendly.
very productive with an awesome management team
Advanced Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 17, 2014
quite a busy atmosphere, great teamwork, and the training for the job is phenomenal
As a Plhebomtomist
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 16, 2014
A typical day at work is always doing everything at my job over and over and over, nothing ever changes

Learned a lot about the plasma and how it works and the different tests we have to send out to keep our donors safe and safe for out patients that need this plasma

Management always making sure we get our lunch breaks and breaks and always making sure we stay to protocol, always very helpful

My co-workers, they are an exciting group, they keep it fun and less frustrating

Hardest part of my job is keeping all the information bottled up in my head and not getting it confused

Most enjoyable part of the job is staying busy to blow by time when its deadly slow, always something to do keep time moving, cause I get to come home to my kids that much faster
Corporate culture did not match culture at center level
Assistant Manager, Center Supervisor, ASPCT, SPCT (Former Employee), Various centersMay 16, 2014
Pros: good corporate culture, great beneifts, ability to get management experience and get feet wet with corporate structure
Cons: poor hours, horrible work-life balance, high turnover, poor job security, poor pay compared to other highly regulated industries
Corporate culture of this company is excellent, however it often does not trickle down to a center level. Some centers exemplify the desired culture, and others are FAR from it. Regional and center level politics were often detrimental to the goals and morale of the center and its employees.

As you move up, less and less work/life balance is encouraged to the point where this job pretty much owns all your time. I was working in the neighborhood of 50-60 hours each week, plus many more at home.

Benefits are excellent, but pay is far below standard for such a highly-regulated, demanding industry.

Turnover is very high within this company. Job security in the hourly positions is very good as long as you follow the rules and regulations. Salaried positions, however, do not see the same job security or disciplinary process.

I have seen even small errors be blown out of proportion as a way to get rid of an employee that the management didn't like. I saw this at least 10 times through my career. Often the salaried employee had no knowledge of shortcomings or opportunity to improve prior to their termination. There seemed to be a lot of hidden agendas. Even historically high-performers aren't safe.

Sadly, the corporation is excellent, but the environment center to center is all over the board.
Operations/Quality Management
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Denton, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: hours
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local and company-specific rules, regulations, and practices related to quality, to the safety of products, donors, and employees and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
• Regional Employee Health and Safety Manager for Texas, Washington and Florida.
• Assists the center manager in identifying and implementing improvements and changes to center processes.
• Manages and develops talent within the center. Participates in the selection of new staff and management within the center. Trains, coaches and mentors staff.
• Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
• Provides timely feedback on performance.
• Ensures high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Meets and strives to exceed customer expectations.
• Participates in the correction and prevention of audit findings.
• Participates in the interviewing of center staff and assists in the selection of center staff.
• Participates in the evaluation and review of center staff.
• Prepares routine reports and keeps management apprised of center operations and operational issues.
• Investigate and initiate non conformance reports (NCR’s) and develop proper corrective and preventative actions (CAPA’s).
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• May participate in the management of projects and new initiatives within the center or across centers.
Productive environment Great learning experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Casper, WYApril 2, 2014
Work was great. The people were all energetic and always came with a positive attitude. You got to meet new people everyday. Managers were very knowledgeable. It is a great experience whether you have phlebotomy skills or not. They teach you very well
Working with the elderly
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 2, 2014
I enjoyed working with the elderly and loved the residents on a personal basis. A typical work day was very busy and fast paced. Learning diets and resident information was a lot to take in on a daily basis, and was also the hardest part of the job, Making sure every resident was receiving what they needed.
Love my job
Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: benfits, decent pay, the people
Cons: hours can be hard with kids
I love working here. I don;t mind the hours but some pay not like starting work at 530a some days or staying until 930p other days. Fasted paced.Promote from within.
Job stability
Quality Lead Technician/Supervisor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mounds View, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Great place to work with good people in leadership positions. Lots of room for growth and promotion. Very busy place to work. Must be very detail oriented.
Low morale
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee), WIFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: two maybe three times a year free lunch. flexible schedule
Cons: poor management. overall low employee morale.
Your promotion depends on who likes you. Pay is minimal for the stress of the job. Work schedule not great if you have a family. You'll work til 8pm to 9:30pm one day (depending on your 'out' number) and expected to be in by 5am the next day. Management is not afraid of reprimanding you in front of other employees and customers. You get one fifteen minute break for a 7.5 hour shift and you have to take it when they tell you to take it...it could be 2 hours into your shift or it could be 7 hours into your shift. There is no sitting on the job except for at break time. Employee's have their own little 'cliques'. Overall if you're looking for flexibility in a work schedule, they do work with you as best they can. If management schedules you for a shift that doesn't work for you, chances are another employee would be willing to trade a shift.
donors come first, always! quality is a must
Advanced Senior Plasma Technician (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 4, 2014
.great company to work for. do your job in a professional way. meet nice people along the way!
ok
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 2, 2014
co-workers are great! Donors are great! Management seems to care more about numbers than quality of staff. High turnover rate.
Good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Muncie, INFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, time off/vacation, no sundays
Cons: saturdays were longs days
One of the best jobs I have had and a a great company to work for. I liked the people I worked with and I liked that the management was trained to work in all areas of the facility. The Center manager and the two assistant managers worked their way up from the bottom. I made friends at this job that I still keep in contact with. I also really enjoyed my time with the donors. I would go back to work here if the opportunity presented itself.
OK
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), JanesvilleJanuary 29, 2014
Great place to start towards your career goals. Was able to obtain more skills and experience working here.
Saving lives and having fun.
Senior Plasma Center Technician/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, donors
Cons: management, politics
For a day at Biolife one would enter for their shift, either on the donor floor or in the medical historian area, where donors are processed for donation.
On a busy day a phlebotomist would set a donor up for donation about 20 to 30 times. The phlebotomist were evaluated by efficiency and productivity. As a trainer I was to train new employees, however training was rushed and so many who were not ready to be signed off, were and more errors were made at the expense of the donors.
The hardest part of the job was to be told to do certain tasks by one member of management, and at another moment be told to do something else by an other member of management and getting written up.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the donors and most employees.
This was my first Medical job.
Phlebotomist, Medical Historian, Receptionist (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIDecember 26, 2013
Pros: patients, hours, salary, life balance, and the learning potential.
Cons: too may two face phoney people.
I started out as a Receptionist and within three weeks I was promoted to a Medical Hisorian. After about a year of that, I was the second person to ever be crossed trained as both the front end and the back end. The back end was where all the donations took place. So I became a Phlebotomist.
Great company with job growth potential
Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 4, 2013
Pros: growth and continuing education
Cons: high stress
BioLife was a wonderful stepping stone toward becoming a supervisor-minded employee. Working there gave me the tools and knowledge to become a successful employee, understanding that communication and continuing education are key to succeeding within a supervisor role.
satifaction of knowing your work is helping people lead better lives.
Medical Supervisor/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 10, 2013
Pros: beneifts, people i work with
Cons: strict with rules and need empathy for employees
Learned a lot about plasma and its. uses. Very busy most of the time. Benefits are good. Run by strict rules due to FDA.
Great company- horrible management
Senior Plasma Center Tech/Plebotomist (Former Employee), Coldwater Road, Fort WayneOctober 22, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, vacation
Cons: short breaks, very busy all the time, no appreciation
Pay and benefits are exceptional but management is horrible. The hours are really inconvenient. Employees do not last long here. Last year they had over 50% turnover rate with about 30 people quitting in one year.