BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews

decent training, terribly stressful
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 25, 2016
They push you through training rather you are ready or not. They used to let only the best become phlebotomist, then they started pushing everyone to be a part in a factory assembly line. You then have little old ladies who used to just check vitals being forced to stick people or lose their jobs despite it not being what they were hired for.
Management would only let their buddies go to school and work around it, even though biolife was set up to support those who wanted to pursue education.
You weren't allowed to sit or lean only stand for hours a day, breaks sometimes were cut short or not given if they wanted you.
You were given titles like trainer so you could be fired for someone else's mistakes but none of the benefits such as pay increase.
Very stressful environment
Pros
Some medical training
Cons
short/ no breaks / horrible management
It was my favorite job thus far.
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 3, 2016
While working at Biolife I learned to stay focused and work to make myself better at every level. I enjoyed pushing myself to be better. And management pushes you as well.
Just Started - Love It So Far
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 28, 2016
Since I haven't technically started yet, all I can talk about is the interview process. I applied on a Thursday, by Friday morning I was having a phone interview and asked to come in on Monday. On Monday I had a series of interviews, one with the hiring manager, one with the trainer/person in charge of onboarding, and finally a panel interview with 3 people who were the business side of the company. Everyone was super friendly, really engaging, asked really good questions, and answered everything I asked. At the end of my interviews I was given the opportunity to observe the various stations. I was then offered the job which I accepted. Currently I'm working through all the paperwork, which is extensive but necessary.
Pros
Good benefits, paid vacation, everyone is friendly
Cons
None so far
Can't complain
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 6, 2016
There is honestly nothing bad I can say about the company. Great benefits for employees, and the training is very throrough and hands on. Although it is a job, it is a constant learning environment and all your training is done while you're getting paid. It's very fast paced but it's helps work go by smoothly.
Pros
Hands on. Learning environment
Cons
Management exhibits favoritism.
Became a very good phlebotomist.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 25, 2016
A fast paced work environment, worked under pressure much of the time. Gave me the opportunity to sharpen my multitasking and prioritizing skills. Enjoyed working with a closely knit team of phlebotomists and technicians.
Pros
Worked around evryone's class schedules from semester to semester.
Cons
Was often a stressful work environment.
A wonderful day at Essenhaus
Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 19, 2016
I would come into work punch in and head straight to my area where I was supposed to be hostessing. I worked about 30 hours a week and enjoyed working with my co-workers and seeing all of our regulars that would walk in on a daily bases. The thing that I did not like about there was that I worked there for 6 years and never made more than 8.50 a hour. I tried to show them that I was interested in advancing and that I would work over time as well as pick up any shifts that were needing to be covered. I think the hardest part about this job was that I was stuck in the same position for many years and was losing hope on possibly moving up but, the enjoyable part was that I got to also do carry out and catering.
Enjoyable
Medical Historian (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. I loved the people that I worked for. We worked extremely long hours but at the end of the week, it was worth it.
Pros
The managemnt
Cons
The fact that i started through a temp agency, I was there 6 months and I never had the oportunity to go full time.
Hectic but rewarding.
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 27, 2016
This position was a great learning position, where I gained a skill that I never thought I would. It was awesome knowing that what I was doing was helping to save lives.
Biolife is where I Started my Career as a Phlebotomis
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 23, 2016
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Biolife it was where I Learned to do phlebotomy and the Job that I Absolutely love. everyone there was great and I enjoyed working there. all the Donors were amazing people and I was very sad to leave because I had to move to Florida
My job
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 6, 2015
I am a Master Plasma Center Technician at Biolife I am fully trained in Phlebotomy along with MH (medical historian) where you process the donor through finger stick and vitals, I am also fully trained in Sample prep where you process the plasma bottles and collect samples to be shipped out within the company. Being a master iI also monitor the donor floor and have leadership skills. I love this job so much and would love to continue anything health related.
Pros
health insurance, great job
Cons
Nothing.
unreliable employment opportunity
Advanced Senior Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 4, 2015
The company as a whole is full of cliches and under appreciated staff. Management doesn't merit hard work.
The only way to move up in the company is to friend and brown nose your way up.
Pros
The donors are awesome
Cons
Basically everything else sums up to a negative experience
n/a
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 30, 2015
There are many opportunities for advancement for Management and below. Good starting job, but no work life balance once you enter management positions.
Fast paced customer service
Medical Historian (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Innovative Work space
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 31, 2015
Great beginning Phlebotomy job. Only downside is they don't offer fulltime until you're about 6 months in.However they are very organized with a very supportive management team.
Friendly
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  sheboygan, wiOctober 22, 2015
worked with many people through out the day. When in charge of the floor for the day gave coworkers breaks and lunches. Kept sections stocked with supplies and occasionally took inventory. Assisted in training new hires.
Productive work place with oppertunity for advancement
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of donor screening and donor entry for me. I learned how to read the hemotocrit and protein of human plasma by pricking the finger, drawing a small tube of blood, and running it through a seperation device. We had many managers and my co-workers were all a lot older than me. The hardest part about the job was keeping updated on the new SOPs. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and conversating with all of the wonderful donors.
Pros
breaks and lunch
PRoductive and educational
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Hayden, IDOctober 11, 2015
Biolife Is a brilliant company. It taught me according to what I can handle. And It taught me what I needed to learn to Handle the job. The Co-Workers and management were top notch as well. They were always willing to help me when I needed them. I would refer this place to anyone who is starting off to find work.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
It didnt work out for me.
Great place to Work
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IowaOctober 7, 2015
Nothing but good things to say about my time with Biolife. The prospects for advancement are astoundinig and attainable. Lots of good connections and a good solid foundation for working.
Pros
Fast paced and Interactive
Cons
Strict
Learning every day, quality and efficiency is strongly enforced daily, meeting and develping a rapport with donors.
Plasma Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 5, 2015
Having a supporting staff and very thorough on how the company is ran. Learning every, quality and efficiency is strongly enforced daily, meeting new and existing donors and developing a rapport.
Pros
Training is phenomenal, evironment is clean and thorough.
Cons
Shift schedules from open to close/close to open throught out the week.
Just be prepared.
senior plasma tech (Former Employee) –  lakelandOctober 2, 2015
I work in this company for almost 1 year. First few months it seems very friendly and accommodating after this you will be put in a spot to where you will be treated like a uneducated person. They will destroy your perspective in life. Following people with out college degree. I would not call this a career. Most of the upper management will drive you out. Because they are insecure, and will make your life worse even on your break they will listen to every bit of conversation and will call you in the office and will tell you. They don't care about your personal life. You are here to work and work alone.
Pros
Insurance in first day.
Cons
They force you to take break, even if you just started your shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioLife Plasma Services. Our community is ready to answer.