About Biological Dynamics, Inc.
Biological Dynamics, Inc. is a start-up biotechnology company focusing on next generation nano-particle (DNA, RNA, and other cell-free material) isolation from blood, urine, and other physiological solutions to develop rapid molecular diagnostics.
We are seeking an engineering research associate to design and develop systems and components to help isolate and quantify nano-particles from various physiological solutions. The ideal candidate will have a background in automation, component design, lab research, and general engineering principles. This individual will be a member of a dynamic team of engineers and scientists at the interface of microelectronics and molecular biology to develop cancer diagnostics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop analytical systems capable of characterizing biomolecules in fluids using past experiences from engineering.
- Develop and test various micro-fluidic/micro-electrode array configurations using simulation software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Inventor, and Solidworks.
- Experience with programming (C++, .NET, Matlab, Labview) desired.
- Build analytical systems and develop components and coordinate with fabrication facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- MEng/MS/PhD in ME/EE/BioE/Engineering Physics and minimum of 2 years of industry experience (or equivalent) required.
- Experience with simulation software: e.g. AutoCAD Inventor, Solidworks required.
- Clean-Room experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in a commercial R&D environment and/or a start-up environment is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be highly organized, self motivated and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, send resume, cover letter and salary history to us!