bioMerieux Employee Reviews

Temporary but wonderful!
Technical Writing Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 9, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at BioMerieux as a temp and the people I have met almost all seem to have a positive attitude and a collaborative spirit. I've worked at a few large companies but I would say this is definitely my favorite environment. The management was open to me learning new skills, participating in any project I had an interest in and really listened to ideas. The work/life balance is one of the best I've had.
I do know that the benefits are amazing (time off, holidays, $3 meal credit per day, remote work opportunities etc..) as well although as a temp I did not have the opportunity to partake.
The only possible negative is that it is a long drive from pretty much everywhere. It is worth it.
Good Job
Bioprocess Technician/Shift Trainer-SME (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 3, 2018
Very fast pace job when I worked there. Good team vibe and atmosphere. Not really micro-managed at all. I liked that alot about the job. Alot of opportunities to advance within the company.
Excellant Place to work
Contractor for Volt Staffing Responsible, globally (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 21, 2017
I was hired to do a temporary job and once this job was completed I started looking for another position. If a position were to open up I would take it if they offered it to me. Very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Lunch allocation if and employee
bioMerieux
Sr. Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2017
As a contractor I had some exposure to management and other employees outside of HR/Recruiting. I worked mostly remote but when I was in the office the work environment was geared to support the well being and career growth of their employees.
Not a place to advance, leadership isnt wanted there
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 30, 2017
This company is a wonderful company if they would replace all head management, it would be perfect! There are some members of management that are nice and courteous but the company has no integrity what so ever!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Cut throat management
Great Team
Project Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 27, 2017
Company need more ways to advance career. Technology advancement needed. Teams form but more company effort and understanding needed. work and life value needed
I like what the company produces
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 21, 2017
I Like to explore more options now that I have experience. I like the product we make cause we help patients with certain medical problems that can be helped by utilizing one of our bottles.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Intense work enivironment
Not a position to be had for an extended period of time
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 7, 2017
-12+ hour long days, spent almost exclusively standing, doing the same repetitive tasks
-learned essentially every task within 3-6 months, with few opportunities for further learning
-several good shift managers, but they can do little to improve working conditions
-culture in the department was essentially "we know this is rough, but that's just how it is"
-hardest part of the job is long hours and repetitive work
-most enjoyable part is leaving at the end of the day and 3-4 days off
Pros
4 weeks of vacation, good benefits
Cons
few opportunities for advancement, short breaks, compensation, long hours, monotonous work
Temp Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
It was a pleasure to work with this company. They had an awesome cafeteria. It was a temp job so I really didn't get the full effect of the company.
Great company to work for if you "know somebody".
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOOctober 29, 2017
Started out as a fantastic company with a lot of opportunity. All was
great until a new management team came and gave the "good"
jobs to their friends.
Pros
15 minute breaks, generous time off and good benefits.
Cons
Unfair promotion practices. Blatant nepotism.
Highly stressful
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MO 63042October 12, 2017
Avoid if you are a person who doesnt handle a high stress environment well. Constantly changing and not for the better. There is no communication down the pipeline only orders to be carried out; decided from on high but communicated by the low man on the totem pole.
ok place to work
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 26, 2017
managment not very good nor is the pay compared to other companies in the area. benifits are good but sometimes the schedule can be difficult ex working 6 days when your work day schedule is supposed to be 5
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay
Good Company
Senior Account Manager, Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2017
bioMerieux is a global company specializing in In-vitro diagnostics. Several cutting edge technologies are driving growth in the Clinical and Industrial diagnostic markets.
Productive and fun
Event Planner/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I would plan all company meetings (25-700 people) pertaining to the North American Commercial Operations. I was also responsible for coordinating trade shows, internal marketing, intra net, sales awards and tracking leads.
Pros
Enjoyed watching it all come together
Cons
Working lunches, long hours.
Poor management within last role
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Manager of group was young. Felt that he deemed that he had to make his self known to the world. I was released because he deemed that I was providing the incorrect aide to all. He was released later. I have been contacted on linked by FSE's looking for aide with BioMerieux Blood Culture products.
Very good work culture
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 7, 2017
Productive and fun place with nice cafeteria, and lunch time walking scope. Company has very good product line and saves lives. Benefits are overall very good.
Pros
half-priced lunch
Cons
Poor management
not my ideal job
Medical card assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  st louis moAugust 28, 2017
I really didn't like assembly line working. it don't give me the freedom to move around or grow. standing in one place for long periods of time hurts my back and it just repetitive work with no change up.
Great Job
Clinical Support Scientist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2017
Great place to work. The management is good. Not a lot of room to move up they are less willing to train and culture new employees from temp to permanent than they were years ago makes it a little difficult to get placed in a good department once temp contract is up. Overall great place to work and would love to stay after contract is up
high visible job
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MO 63042July 28, 2017
High stressful job always trying to keep all equipment up and running was no easy task for over 200 pieces of medical equipment.
Management needs works, not enough real family forgiveness. Raises were small no matter if you excelled at your job or not. Hardest part of job was meeting all customers demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience of new product being developed.
Pros
Was basically my own boss
Cons
alot of work for little pay
Friendly environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2017
Pleasant working environment welcoming atmosphere, clean. Focused on integrity and diversity. Respected everyone's opinions. Has Excellent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bioMerieux. Our community is ready to answer.