bioMerieux Employee Reviews

Not the best, but I have also seen worse than this...
quality (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 8, 2017
I wouldn't say this is the greatest place to work, and that is primarily because of management. People who don't have a clue on how to manage are made managers. They slack in their work and are never available to help personnel. half the time managers don't have answers or have wrong information, so its best they don't help employees and create more problems. However when there are problems, they push the blame on employees. Worthless people are promoted because they have are someone's favorite and not because they have earned it.
Pros
$3 lunch, benefits, vacation
Cons
Everything else other than Pros
Safety and Quality of product comes first
Instrument Assembler/ Pip-Dil Cleanroom (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2017
Good culture
teamplayers
deadlines
Workplace culture
QA Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 1, 2017
Workplace environment is different from my previous employers. Working in a manufacturing environment is driven by the production schedule. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the corporate culture and management style.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria
Think about your employees
Process II Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 17, 2017
I have learned that management thinks about themsevles more than the employees.The job is not hard but the people in contorl makes it that way.I hope it gets better.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
They tell you at the last minute about overtime and they take away your holiday.
Friendly work environment
Indirect Buyer NA (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2017
Pleasant work environment. Flexible in work-life balance. Enjoyed working with company as contractor. All employees contractors or permanent staff are treated with respect.
reallly good benefits
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 1, 2017
great company to work for. you work 4 days 10 hours a day but you get Friday to sunday off. the management can sometimes be unorganized but overall helpful. if you are looking to grow fast this not a good job for growth.
nice place to work but not very well organized
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 30, 2017
Good place to work but the management team isn't very accurate as far as the work schedule. The company doesn't let you know about changes in a timely manner.
Pros
meal tickets, Drawings, Disconts
Cons
n/a
old
QC Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 25, 2017
This company will not provide growth or advancements. They will hire you to perform one task and then require that you perform a different item with no help or site.
Great company
Clinical Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2017
Workplace culture is inspiring, innovative with incentive for advancement. Excellent products for the advancement in the infectious disease and microbiology divisions in healthcare. Skillfully managed teams that operate in global markets that establish cross-functional teamwork.
Friendly Workplace with Great Work/Life Balance
Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2017
*Great manager
*Co-workers eager to help you succeed at your job and in life
*Work culture of helping each other
*Department seemed to have troubles keeping on as many contractors/ converting them to full time as they would have liked, but this may also depend on where they are in a project's cycle
Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Of my vast years of work I worked for the best manager I've ever had the pleasure of supporting. She was very competent, friendly and knew how not to be a micro-Engineering Manager. She kept good group moral doing very tedious work. Other Engineering areas were not like that. I wished I'd stayed and completed the 2yr contract but when offered a job that allows me to sleep in my own bed at home it was hard to turn down.
Pros
Friendly, competent, great moral, good co-workers
Cons
Top management turn-over caused project instability
Productive and fun place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 6, 2017
BioMerieux is a great company to work for. The atmosphere is very friendly and accepting of all cultures and walks of life. Great opportunities for advancement.
Pros
daily lunch credit, great company events, family balance
Cons
short breaks, compensation
A Good place to work
QA Manual Tester (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 3, 2017
The company is a very good place to work. the working environment was great so much opportunity to learn the job and advance to the next level the people are such a great people and the atmosphere too i enjoyed working there while my contract lasted.
Pros
Great place and wondrful people
Cons
wonderful environment to work
Wonderful place
IS V&V Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 28, 2016
The best place I have worked in a very long time, the place is very good and highly recommended for people the atmosphere of work was great and i had to leave because my contract came to an end.
Nice size company
Material Handler (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 13, 2016
A nice size company on a remote campus in North Durham. Good solid upper management. Hard work is rewarded if you put the company before your family.
Pros
Great business model
Cons
Slow US sales and manufacturing production waste.
Stressful work place!
Quality Assurance / Inspector Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2016
Poor management in the QA department! Management does not invest in their people not unless you are apart of their click. Company is good, management is poor.
Good place to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 5, 2016
I really recommend Biomerieux, its a well established place to work as I know of.My riveued I was en outstanding employee and most dedicated worker for the company.
Great job opportunity
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 9, 2016
Great job opportunity, management are cratered to you needs good team work and safety is their number on priority and excellent pay benefits
Great Benefits
Shift Supervisor - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 26, 2016
Shift work is something to get use to. Twelve hours a day makes for a long shift.

Everyone works very hard to meet standards.
Painful Experience
Temporary Employee - QA (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 5, 2016
The work was quietly satisfying but the environment was unwelcoming. For example, the group manager and other members of the group would openly mock my ability/disability. Let that sink for a moment - the manager of a group openly mocking a temporary member of his group. My autism does not render me deaf. Their behavior was explicitly cruel and had no bottom. I wouldn’t wish my experience on anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bioMerieux. Our community is ready to answer.