Biomet Employee Reviews

Great place to work with great people
Global Inventory Director (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 21, 2016
Biomet had a fantastic working environment and good compensation. It was a great place to work. Everything changed when Zimmer bought them.
Not recommended ....
Customer Service / Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2016
Horrible management. LOTS of favoritism. Workplace bullying is allowed and alive here. Impossible to move up or learn a new skill to get promoted because they train you for one job and ONE job only. They make it very clear work comes before your family. Any convos with HR are NOT confidential.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workplace bullying, won't train you in other areas, favoritism by management, management is POOR.
great
Sports Medicine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 22, 2016
you did alot of work with your hands, ultrasonic clean
clean and assembling medical parts
the people there were nice, there was the typical female drama once in awhile
Decent people & environment
Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 19, 2016
i enjoyed the people I worked with, they made work fun to be there. The supervisors were awesome. A typical day wen decently fast.
pretty nice people
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 20, 2016
comfortable, working on your own, free hot chocolate and coffee is always a plus. I had my own work place, everybody was always quick to help me. I enjoyed being at my desk on my computer. I was good at that. hardest part id say was kitting orders.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
really short lunch break
Legacy Biomet
International Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my position as an International Regulatory Affairs Specialist at legacy Biomet. Since the Zimmer-Biomet merger, I continue to work on International submission as well as learning the US and EU submission processes.
great place to work
Research And Development Prototype Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 14, 2016
I worked there for 12 years, and wanted to retire from there. I was involved in an accident, and taken off work for 9 months. When I went back , my job had been filled.

It was a good atmosphere, good working relationship with management and employees. Great benefits good hours, could not ask for better

For the industry the wages were low and slow at the time, but was still good wages. They have changed that to now compete with the other companies in the area
Pros
dinners company provided, healthcare benefits, good atmosphere
Cons
older machines, older technology
Amazing people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 3, 2016
I loved every aspect of this job. The people are amazing, everyone treats you as family. I had learned more then I ever thought that I would in this position. Working with the Vice Presidents and Directors, I was able to build a better work ethic at an executive level.
If your are needing a check, it will pay the bills
Advanced CNC Machinist Class A (Current Employee) –  warsaw INSeptember 16, 2015
workers are expected to take on full work loads in their area and others. knowledge is pushed on the workers, management plays by a different sent of rules. coworkers are easy to work with and get along
Pros
a good place to gain knowledge
Cons
no room for advancement
General factory work.
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 8, 2015
Typical factory work. Hours were good, but payment of temporary employees was very low. Holidays were given off. Company recently bought out.
Great working Conditions good people
Machinist, Laser Operator, Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 26, 2015
I was given the opportunity to advance and took advantage of the in-house classes for machinist training. I learned how to run SwSS machines to manufacture dental implants also learned how to use the vision inspection systems IE; microview and cmm's. Learning not to be intimedated by the complexity of the SR20 machines was difficolt for me. I had the satisfaction of knowing that i produced the finest dental implant on the market.
Pros
many special training classes and meetings with the president every so often
Cons
Shipped machines to China causing me to be layed off after 7 years of service
good place to work
Product Release Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed my years at Biomet. They offered me many opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the company. if you put in the extra effort to become educated, it is rewarded
Productive and fun place to work. Excellent training and company/employee relations and involvement.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 7, 2015
Happy to be working there on most days. Learned a lot about the machines and they're functions which were different from the conventional CNC lathes I was familiar with. Management was involved and instrumental in problem solving. Co-workers were friendly and a pleasure to work with as well as socialize with.
There wasn't really really any difficult aspects to the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was simply that the atmosphere was stress free and not overly demanding.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 26, 2015
Many good employers. Warsaw is a great place to live if you want to break into the Medical Device industry. There are many open jobs but a majority of them are temp contracts
Pros
Great Community
Cons
many temp contracts
Biomet offers excellent products for orthopedic applications
Sales Representative - St. Charles and Washington (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 17, 2015
Biomet offers an excellent work environment with very good products to support the needs of an orthopedic surgeon. The product line was very complete allowing the surgeons to use devices for trauma, sports medicine and reconstructive procedures.
Pros
Office was very efficient with help of dedicated staff
Cons
Management needs to have regular meetings to discuss expectations
day at work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 18, 2015
I work retail almost all my life so there are great days and stressful days. Mainly good days cause I am very outgoing and I make stressful days into a great day. All my co workers loved working with me. I love meeting new people.
Pros
outgoing, fast learner and willing to try new things.
Cons
underestimate myself
Good Company to work for
Warehouse/Clean/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 18, 2015
I have learned new skills working here and They gave me a chance to learn them.
Everyone here is great to work with and they help teach you and assist you in anything you need
Unqualified leadership
R&d machinist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany njMay 10, 2015
Worked for Biomet for 15 years then shown the door one day in spite of been more qualified having more senority, & last but not least having served a a certified 4 year apprenticeship as a toolmaker from the U.S. Dept of labor! A true place of cronyism & the buddy system. The way to move up is to become of them & be yes man. Truly a demorilizing place to work.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
The worst management
Horrible Management
Orthopedic Sales Representative / Technician (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 21, 2015
No Benefits
No Job Advancement
No Overtime for working over 40+
Corporate Favoritism

Only Pros
*Meeting new people to try to find a better job
Pros
one
Cons
as described above
Very educational and challenging
Trauma Manager/Orthopedic Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 12, 2015
A great learning experience and competitive market. The challenges were very rewarding and truly one of the best opportunities that I have had in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biomet. Our community is ready to answer.