Biomet Employee Reviews

Productive and fun slow work environment and there is a cafe
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 2, 2017
Slow work environment, load your own parts gauge parts and run machine. With little supervison from supervisor will get trained for week or two then be on own
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Not much overtime
Productive and fun learning workplace with a lovely campus to walk, sit and unwind.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work, entailed answering questions regarding using medical products. As well provide support to not only the customer but the hospitals, clinics, doctors and sales representative. What you learned is how to satisfy the customers need and be respective of their conditions, as well be empathetic. Management of time was paramount because one managed a territory of many states in the US. So the phones were constantly ringing as well the email were needing to be answered as well voicemail. So splitting your time up being brief and precise was very important. The workplace culture was dependent on myself and three others. Our knowledge of the company's products was very important. Our department was the go to department for the customer and their usage of the product. The hardest part of the job was to prioritize the calls. Since all calls dealt with customers and their usage, often times you must be able to be attentive to all and give each and everyone above and beyond quality care. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customer say that you satisfied their questions and you did it with kindness.
Pros
Enjoying helping others
Cons
Not enough employees to answer product calls
account advisor
INSURANCE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 31, 2017
I was only a temp at this job, the short time I spent there was fine, they pay was decent. I had accounts I was responsible for maintain. My supervisor was helpful and trained me well
El ambiente dentro de la empresa era bueno,respetuoso y sobre todas las cosas en armonía.
Transporte / Logística (Former Employee) –  Transportistas-chofer de mi propio utilitarioApril 20, 2017
Buenos días,
El trabajo de logística en Biomet fue una buena experiencia laboral,
Aprendí mucho con el trato de la gente y el compañerismo dentro de la empresa fue muy bueno.
Pros
El horario de trabajo era muy bueno y cercano a mi domicilio
Cons
La preferencia que había con algunos transportistas
Friendly, Well trained employees
Orthopaedic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 16, 2017
The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people get jobs-- is THE most rewarding work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and WILL put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Nice environment to be year round.
Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 8, 2017
Biomet has a very nice ventilation system. This job was very easy for me. It was through a temp. agency so, I was not making a whole lot at the time. I had to find another job quickly. I would have stayed if I was hired in full time.
Pros
low pay
Cons
Great Benefits
Clear directives
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 31, 2017
I really liked that my responsibilities were made very clear and kept me busy. Management seemed to behave in a professional manner at all times.
The only draw back would be that their pay scale doesn't quite match up to the industry standard.
Great place to work with great people
Global Inventory Director (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 21, 2016
Biomet had a fantastic working environment and good compensation. It was a great place to work. Everything changed when Zimmer bought them.
Not recommended ....
Customer Service / Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2016
Horrible management. LOTS of favoritism. Workplace bullying is allowed and alive here. Impossible to move up or learn a new skill to get promoted because they train you for one job and ONE job only. They make it very clear work comes before your family. Any convos with HR are NOT confidential.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workplace bullying, won't train you in other areas, favoritism by management, management is POOR.
Little Job security with not the best co-workers
Parts Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 9, 2016
Biomet has very little job security, only a handful of my coworkers have worked there multiple years. On top of that the supervisors were not very good.
great
Sports Medicine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 22, 2016
you did alot of work with your hands, ultrasonic clean
clean and assembling medical parts
the people there were nice, there was the typical female drama once in awhile
Decent people & environment
Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 19, 2016
i enjoyed the people I worked with, they made work fun to be there. The supervisors were awesome. A typical day wen decently fast.
pretty nice people
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 20, 2016
comfortable, working on your own, free hot chocolate and coffee is always a plus. I had my own work place, everybody was always quick to help me. I enjoyed being at my desk on my computer. I was good at that. hardest part id say was kitting orders.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
really short lunch break
Legacy Biomet
International Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my position as an International Regulatory Affairs Specialist at legacy Biomet. Since the Zimmer-Biomet merger, I continue to work on International submission as well as learning the US and EU submission processes.
great place to work
Research And Development Prototype Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 14, 2016
I worked there for 12 years, and wanted to retire from there. I was involved in an accident, and taken off work for 9 months. When I went back , my job had been filled.

It was a good atmosphere, good working relationship with management and employees. Great benefits good hours, could not ask for better

For the industry the wages were low and slow at the time, but was still good wages. They have changed that to now compete with the other companies in the area
Pros
dinners company provided, healthcare benefits, good atmosphere
Cons
older machines, older technology
Amazing people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 3, 2016
I loved every aspect of this job. The people are amazing, everyone treats you as family. I had learned more then I ever thought that I would in this position. Working with the Vice Presidents and Directors, I was able to build a better work ethic at an executive level.
If your are needing a check, it will pay the bills
Advanced CNC Machinist Class A (Current Employee) –  warsaw INSeptember 16, 2015
workers are expected to take on full work loads in their area and others. knowledge is pushed on the workers, management plays by a different sent of rules. coworkers are easy to work with and get along
Pros
a good place to gain knowledge
Cons
no room for advancement
General factory work.
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 8, 2015
Typical factory work. Hours were good, but payment of temporary employees was very low. Holidays were given off. Company recently bought out.
Great working Conditions good people
Machinist, Laser Operator, Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 26, 2015
I was given the opportunity to advance and took advantage of the in-house classes for machinist training. I learned how to run SwSS machines to manufacture dental implants also learned how to use the vision inspection systems IE; microview and cmm's. Learning not to be intimedated by the complexity of the SR20 machines was difficolt for me. I had the satisfaction of knowing that i produced the finest dental implant on the market.
Pros
many special training classes and meetings with the president every so often
Cons
Shipped machines to China causing me to be layed off after 7 years of service
good place to work
Product Release Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed my years at Biomet. They offered me many opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the company. if you put in the extra effort to become educated, it is rewarded