Biomet

Biomet Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 6, 2014
I loved this job! What a typical day at work would consist of would be cash posting. My manager would have us compete to see which employee would post the most and be accurate as well. There were incentives at the end of month closing. It was a great environment which made everyday at my workplace enjoyable.
disapointment
picker (Former Employee), warsaw indianaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: 9.25 an hr if through people link and had 50 hrs a week to work made around $370 a week
Cons: bad management low job security
left in regards to p[oor supervior he was unreliable and would disapear gave bad directons
EXEC ASST
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 8, 2014
GREAT COMPANY AND MGMT/EXECUTIVE TEAM WHOM I SUPPORTED FOR 8 YEARS. COMPANY DOWNSIZED DUE TO COMPANY SENDING SOME MFG TO CHINA.
Packaging ortho parts
Packager (Former Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 29, 2014
Walked into meeting and got told where to go. I was cross trained in almost all areas of the clean and sterile room. I learned how the implants got implanted into the body and their function. The most enjoyable part of the job was being cross trained, if I would run out of work in one area I would move to the next available area.
Overall a good place to work
laborer (Current Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 6, 2014
Pros: there is alot of pros
Cons: advancement
Biomet is a good place to work. They have great benefits and treat there employees well for a big company. Promotions are not so easy to come by. The only bad thing is that it is hard to advance within the company.
No such thing as a routine day at work. Work is hard and challenging
Orthopedic Sales Representative (Current Employee), Long Island, NYMay 21, 2014
Work is hard and challenging but can feel rewarding being that you are in the medical field and knowing your hard work is beneficial to society. However, the work life balance is not so good being that you are always on call and don't always get compensated for it. The work demand compared to the salary that you receive is unfair.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 27, 2014
I enjoy working at Biomet. The people are very nice.
I will help anyone that needs assistance. The hardest
part of the job is the consistent change in the Company profile
and management.
fast paced
Secondary operations (Former Employee), Warsaw, INApril 21, 2014
Pros: always had work
Cons: drama
This was my first factory job, I learned a lot about how a factory works. It's a different world there. You must be thick skinned to work in a factory, other wise it is a hard place to work. But I did make friends, and I did have fun (work appropriate fun).
I did the same thing everyday, w/o fail.
management-not so great
the hardest part of my job was – more... getting used to the 20 year vets and their "humor"
I enjoyed that I was helping make something that was going to help someone live a better life. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Credit and Rebill (Former Employee), Warsaw, INApril 5, 2014
This was one of my favorite places to work. Everyone was so friendly and if you needed anything, there was always someone around to help. A very nice atmosphere.

My boss was very nice here. She encourage her employees to grow and if they wanted to transfer, she always encouraged it. She believes in having the ability to grow.
Product Management Intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: management, laid back atmosphere, encouraged a health lifestyle, pay
Helping the product managers in our team with a variety of tasks related to their product. This could range from organizing inventory, writing up marketing materials, developing a spreadsheet to track inventory, calling distributors, or even tagging along in the cadaver lab.

The management and co-workers were great. I felt a part of the team from the – more... get-go. – less
Fun workplace environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMarch 11, 2014
I discovered that being a sales representative just wasn't for me or something that I was comfortable doing as a profession.
Good Place to Work for
Field Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: learning new computer programs, company parties
Cons: answering phones
Biomet was a good place to work for. Daily tasks would involve computer work as well as phone work. Training for the job started out OK, but as departments shifted around, training became more sporadic and harder to follow. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing happy patients. I also had the chance to train and teach in India, which was – more... life changing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate sales reps and hospitals. – less
Secure place to work.
Engineering Designer (Current Employee), Warsaw, INFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of modeling implants and instruments. Draft those onto a drafting sheet. Lots of constant research on new development projects. Also includes meetings and labs testing prototypes.
dependable
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Prepared outside CMS (Center of Medicare &Medicaid Services) Medicare audits, complaints and compliance issue.
Assisted with departmental, relation to handling documents and patient’s accounts in all aspects of the lifetime of the files, as well as contracts and pricing for insurance, hospital and GPO business.
Conducted investigations into practices, – more... which may be out of compliance with Biomet Standard of Conduct for Prevention of Healthcare Fraud and Abuse.
Completed internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development.
Created and executed test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
Acted as liaison with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and systems under consideration for purchase. – less
production machining not much else
Knee Replacement Machinist (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 27, 2014
slow paced boring and about the only way to become full time is to work for people link for years being laid off whenever
Terrible for Temps
Assembly (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 16, 2014
Pay is lousy and your expected to work long hours for debt.
bosses have no time for your questions.
Training is rushed.
Lunch is over priced
Surgery on Tuesday
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: its always a challenge and never gets old.
A typical Tuesday for me is to arrive at the hospital at 6:30. I pull my instruments out of sterile corridor and get ready for the first case. The day before I checked all my implants that I could possibly use. We usually start the first case at 7:15 so the scrubs and I set out the instruments in order that we will need them and get ready for the doctor – more... and patient to arrive. During the case I make sure the scrub hands the correct instrument to the doctor and that the case goes smoothly. After each case we do it all again. We may have 3 or 4 knee replacements and 1 to 2 hip replacements each Tuesday. This is a very demanding and stressful job and I really love it. I actually can't wait to get up and go to work. – less
Ever changing
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Management has had a lot of turn over in the last few years. Great co-workers, most are willing to help when asked. New facility has an open work atmosphere which was to produce more team building.
I absolutely loved the job I did and who I worked for.
OK place to work
Engineer (Current Employee), INDecember 21, 2013
The work culture has changed and is not as attractive as it once was. They have lost one of their best features.
Great while it lasted
Commercialization Manager (Former Employee), Middlesex, NJNovember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent co-workers and environment
Cons: late nights and dont plan anything for the end of the month cause you will be stuck
Very busy work environment.
Best job I ever had :)
Worked for a sister company which was a private distributorship until they pulled the plug.

1 2 3

About Biomet

When the leg bone and the knee bone don't connect so well anymore, Biomet may have a solution. Orthopedic specialists use the – Read more