Clinical Research Coordinator - Cosmetic Testing and Claims Substantiation
Biometrix Inc. is a privately held company conducting phases I – IV clinical research studies. Cosmetic, healthcare, dermatological pharmaceutical, and topical medical device testing is our specialty.
Clinical Research Coordinator will run studies from start to finish in order to provide testing and technical support for the successful domestic and international commercialization of consumer products (primarily cosmetics). Use of all clinical instruments is expected, and training will take place to certify and assure candidates meet strict quality control measures. This role includes supervisory duties to manage clinic and Instrument Department staff members, as well as overseeing data management and quality assurance procedures.
- Must be able to use skin bioengineering instruments: Visia, Ultrasound, Hi -Scope, Cutometer, Corneometer, Mexameter, Sebumeter, and Tewameter.
- Skin Sampling by D-Squame disk and REPLICA
- Analyzes consumer test data and writes reports to clearly communicate findings to the makeup labs and legal team in a timely manner
- Evaluates and contributes to new methods and procedures for consumer product evaluation and claims
- Ordering of supplies and conducting inventory on new supplies and new product shipments for testing
- Maintenance of equipment including cleaning and calibration
- Manage the recruiting function of clinical lab including subject recruitment, scheduling and reimbursement.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and carrying out of day-to-day clinical activities, maximizing on study workflow, and scheduling of part-time Instrument Staff members
- Manage all Instrument Department studies from start to finish including: scheduling and leading initial staff meeting on the protocol, communicating with clients and staff to ensure all protocol requirements are clearly understood, assigning specific project related duties to staff and seeing them completed, supervising staff during measurements for quality assurance, implementing data management techniques throughout study, directing the reporting and shipping of data.
- Ensure that all clinical activities are carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Good Clinical Practices by meeting regularly with QA/QC staff and upper management.
- Schedule and conduct monthly training for new staff and current staff updating to ensure all full- and part-time staff remain within quality assurance guidelines.
- Maintain and update Instrument Department Operating Procedure and SOP database on a regular basis.
- BA/BS Degree in Chemistry or Biology or similar discipline is required. MS preferred. A minimum of 2 to 7 years of related and progressively responsible testing experience.
- Must be very motivated, have a sense of urgency, responsibility, accountability and able to work well both in teams and independently.
- Knowledge of Data Management and Quality Assurance methods
- Prioritizes workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead and communicate vision with others
- Can focus on daily tasks without losing long-term focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using clinical software or databases a plus, proficient in Excel
Please visit our website for more information: www.biometrixinc.com
You can also enroll in one of our cosmetic studies @ joinbiometrixinc.com