Bioptigen is seeking a motivated, experienced, and collaborative Vision Scientist to promote adoption of the Bioptigen Envisu™ Spectral Domain Ophthalmic Imaging Systems within the Vision Science research and clinical community.
The qualified individual will support Bioptigen customers in the productive use of Envisu™ spectral domain OCT imaging systems to meet their research and clinical objectives. Responsibilities include development of application methodologies and training curricula that maximize the utility of the Bioptigen technology, as well as developing new methods, particularly in the imaging animal models of human eye disease. The successful candidate will have published peer-reviewed articles describing a variety of imaging methodologies including data acquisition, image processing, and quantitative analysis. He or she will be skilled in nurturing high integrity collaborations with a sophisticated customer base, communicating clearly the value proposition for OCT imaging in research environments, and distributing comprehensive solutions to the Bioptigen user community. The Vision Science Applications Engineer will be expected to develop world-class expertise in the products and applications, write white papers and where appropriate, publish new results in per-reviewed journals. Externally, the successful candidate will establish technical credibility with current and prospective customers, and support the sales and marketing team in communicating the capabilities of Bioptigen technology to the customer. Internally, the successful candidate will contribute to new product specifications, develop technical sales collateral for the commercial team, and validate new products in cooperation with the product development team.
Bioptigen is a leader in providing innovative optical coherence tomography imaging systems to the translational medicine and clinical research communities. We are seeking passionate multi-talented individuals to join our dynamic environment. We offer a unique opportunity to contribute to the future of diagnostic imaging for ophthalmology and vision science applications in an open, team-based environment.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
- Develop world-class practical expertise in ocular imaging of animal models and human patients
- Create new research solutions comprising data acquisition, processing, analysis, and reporting
- Provide applications knowledge and organizational leadership in support of our user community
- Execute on-site product demonstrations and provide reports to support sales activities
- Contribute to new product specifications in support of market requirements
- Manage all phases of new product testing and applications development
- Assist customer in understanding the applications of the technology and product
- Take ownership of managing time, resources, and budgets for approved projects
- Identify and address any barriers to commercial introduction of new products
- Attend trade shows, global scientific meetings, and assist with all associated logistics
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Representing the company with the highest level of integrity and credibility
- Organizing and performing in-service product demonstrations
- Application of analytical skills to communicate the Bioptigen product value proposition
- Developing and maintaining an online Bioptigen user community forum
- Regular and accurate reporting of commercial support activities
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in an academic or industrial scientific research laboratory
- 1+ years of research experience in ophthalmic imaging instrumentation
- Scientific research performance and innovation published in peer-reviewed journals
- Development of highly technical experimental techniques where hardware and software are integrated to extract differential and novel scientific information
- Demonstrated competence in image process and data analysis, using Matlab or similar tools
- Experience in C++ programming and Labview are desired
- Other helpful functional experience in support of highly technical imaging equipment such as:
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Graduate Teaching Assistant for Laboratory Courses
- Mechanical, electronic, and photography experience
- A masters or doctorate degree in BME, neuroscience, vision science, ophthalmology, or related fields
- Postdoctoral experience with a history of strong publications is preferred
- Hands on experience with state-of-the art imaging systems
- Expert in scientific computing and information science
- High skills in standard image analysis software – ImageJ, Amira, Matlab, etc.
- Verbal and Presentation skills
- Exceptional 1:1 communication skills
- Ability to present directly to groups large and small
- Ability to present via internet based tools like GoToMeeting or Webex
- Exceptional presentation organization
- High technical/clinical competence and interpersonal integrity and credibility
- Experimental science reports
- Communication with customers and colleagues via email, regular reports and memos
- Technical Proposals to customers summarizing concerns, objections and queries.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work as a team player in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire to help customers and their research
- Significant travel
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation.
- Competitive benefits.