Bioreliance Employee Reviews

Don't value employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 15, 2017
Low morale and employee engagement ratings. Client first focus seems to have been lost. A lot of cost cutting. Most scientists in the lab. are over worked and underpaid. Hope things change under MilliporeSigma leadership.
Pros
Colleagues
Stressful, terrible management
Associate Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 11, 2017
Management is terrible and there is no room for advancement. Pay is low and the training is almost not existent. Deadline and work loads are very heavy.
Great team to work with
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 13, 2017
I was a contract employee at BioReliance for about six months. It was a decent experience, and my direct supervisor was great. I was terminated, but at least I was given a couple of days' notice.
Cons
No job stability
Overall rating maybe a 3
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 16, 2016
Working for this company, expect to work very hard, and learn a lot of new technical techniques. I think if you are very eager to get into this field the best step is to go to a CRO, after a couple years you will have developed so many technical skills you can move on to other jobs, such as management over techs.

You never learn in any job as much as you will at a CRO
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The work envioment was really bad.
Associate Scientist III, B.S., M.S (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2015
To work at BioReliance, it is always professional and relaxing. You get to me a lot good co-workers. The management are always helpful. They are always invovle in running efficiently daily administrative work. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is getting new employees to buying into the system but once they buying into the system it becomes the most enjoyable part of the job. They become part of a family of BioReliance work force.
Overworked and Underappreciated
Associate Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 10, 2014
good experience. People are worked hard and very much under appreciated. There is no motivation
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Convenient Location
Associate Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 11, 2014
Good place to gain knowledge and grow as an individual and as a professional.
Pros
Lunch and Learn, Toastmasters
Cons
healthcare benefits
Trial by fire structure for training
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work involves waiting for the moment your manager chooses to yell at you. I have learned that even when I report to human resources that my manager is abrasive and unprofessional and I would like an internal transfer, the transfer is not allowed. My co-workers and I try to lean on each other for the support and structure we need from my manager, but he tends to pit us against each other. The hardest part of my job is that I'm trying to learn in an environment where the team competes amongst themselves. This type of environment does not cultivate growth. The most enjoyable part of my job is when things are running smoothly and no one is getting reprimanded for something they didn't know they did wrong because of lack of structured training.
Work life
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Good work life balance

Offered many employee benefits (workshops, health fairs, etc.)

Friendly envirornment
Interactive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 1, 2013
Very good work environment with easy to do tasks. Learned a great deal through cross training in other departments.
Everyone here is nice!
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 18, 2013
Very monotonous work though. Good learning experience for the time being!
Although scheduled, everyday brought a new challenge.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockviille, MDApril 17, 2012
Working at the recieving dock, several on job skills were needed. When working in a building as big as Bioreliance, the abundance of packages coming in and out was to be expected but still a task.
Never a dull moment
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville MarylandFebruary 21, 2012
I had worked in GeneTox performing pilot, toxicity, and micronucleus assays. Job security was never in question as there was always plenty of work to be done. It was great that I got along with almost every single person in the building, which is unheard of, but true. This positive atmosphere definitely made the work day a most enjoyable one.