BioScrip, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management/Extremely stressful environment NOT work related
Intake/Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2016
I worked in Intake for the Tampa branch. Management is only concerned about their own agenda's, covering each other's butts at all costs, even if it means a bold-faced lie. Pure Evil.
Management caused and perpetuated a hostile work environment. Since leaving, my health has improved dramatically.
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Compensation and benefits were very good
Cons
long hours, constantly on-call, high stress
Good Place with GREAT coworkers.
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 22, 2017
Good place to work. Everyone from managers to coworkers are great and caring. They care about what they do and making sure our custumors are well taken care of.
Pros
I want to come to work.
Cons
Pay and benifits.
productive and challenging enviornment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 29, 2016
Must be quick and efficient with coordinating home aides for IV dialysis for patients who are released from hospital and continue home treatments.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
distance in traveling
Nice people to work with
HCP Regional Reimbursement Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 6, 2016
Typical work environment, people are easy to get along with. Benefits are horrible with the high deductible rate plans. I have had good managers here and I have had bad managers here. At least now there is some consistency in the messages being delivered. There is just no room for advancement.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No room for advancement
I loved the work I did...and my coworkers were great..
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 15, 2017
The. Management there were not willing to give me a leave of absence when my family needed me HOME..instead they fired me because I would not and could not make the work I did my 1St priority! If I had it to do over, I wouldn't change a thing.. My family will always come first! And if I worked in management I would NEVER expect ANY employee to push their family (that need them home!!) on the back burner.. NEVER!!
Pros
Importance of the work!!
Cons
Managements cold heart
ok place to work
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2016
The things I like the most about working for this company is the flexibility in my work hours, and a laid back work environment, and the compensation and benefits are good. The things I don't like about working for this company is that there is no sense of unity, each department is to it's own it has an us vs them mentality. No company functions to so their employees there appreciated. Poor training to employees as new hire or new projects, processes or system update/changes. The focus is on the quantity of work not the quality of work. No room for advancement.
Pros
the flexibility in my work hours
Cons
lack of training and room for advancement
Not a good place to work for
Patient Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Typical day would include taking calls from customers who want refills on management. We also took calls from customers who had actually paid for a discount card. Discount card companies say that they will get massive discounts on medications. The only way that they receive discounts is if they are going to a ma and pa pharmacy that charges way too much anyway. We would get yelled at by a lot of these customers thinking that we were the ones who sold them the card. Often you can find these cards for free.
Pros
Cons
Strict Metrics
Dark and unhappy place to work
Reimbursement Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day was monotonous. Worked by quota. Management non existent. Incompetent supervisor. Co workers were grouchy and hated their jobs. most enjoyable part of the day was leaving. Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked at. The pay was not even worth it to stay. The projects shifted constantly. I never got to see a project to the end.
Pros
pay was good, no weekends, paid holidays, PTO
Cons
unhappy place, no camaraderie, disorganized
Management needed more training
Specialty Pharmacist and Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed the time I was with BioScrip. It was difficult interacting with management, because they socialized with their work friends and did not focus enough on ALL employees for skills, management development. This company had a lot of potential to do this during the time I was there, but failed to make it a priority. I believe customer service quality to the patient suffered. It was a shame.
review of working for Bioscrip
Regional Nutrition Manager, Southern California (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work comprised of being on a sales call, checking and answering emails all day, answering phone calls from patients and customers all day, completing RD consults, spending much time driving around greater Los Angeles to meet up with co-workers and make sales and marketing calls and follow up on new business leads and referrals.

I learned that there is no perfect job and that it is what you make of it!

As far as management goes, I was my own manager and I managed all the nutrition business in my territory.

My co-workers were all very nice and pleasant to work with!

The hardest part of the job is time management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and helping people.
Pros
Free lunches, home office, friendly staff
Cons
high expectations, limitations on serviceablilty due to external forces
Poor working envirement
Pharmacy Technician, Specialty Home Infusion (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
Not a great place to work. The managers are incompetent and uncaring. They seek to complete s minimum out put of prescriptions, at the expense of its employees. They will receive a very large bonus and you will receive a verbal warning of work harder.
Pros
none that I can tell.
Cons
hostile management
Great place to work and continue to learn and make a difference
Nutrition Support Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 4, 2016
Good solid company to work for with solid branch at current location. Good PTO plan including holiday benefits. Very high level of experienced clinical staff and managers.
Very benefical for for Pharmacist and Interns
Warehouse Coordinator/Supplies Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2016
I was able to learn and build on my Management Medical and Logistics profession at Bioscrip. I was very successful in moving up in my ten years with the company.
Management, and people I worked with were great.
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2017
Got to work on your own and be part of a team. Liked being able to go to my desk, knowing what work was needed to be done and complete it.
Fun staff to work with in Rhode Island
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIAugust 16, 2015
Great company prior to merger with another one out of Minnesota. New York offices offered great benefits to the staff at Rhode Island.
The only downfall was the company closing the Wakefield RI finance office. I had to mark them down to 2 stars with that one. I don't feel that the person they hired from Minnesota took a fair look at the Rhode Island staff prior to promoting within their offices and did the company a disservice by doing that.
Funny how I was approached many times by the powers that be to fly to Minnesota and help the company out after our office was closed down. I would have thought that all the promotions that were handed out should have elevated the correct people to make the transition for all patient accounts smooth. Would have done the traveling for them (New York office) if I had not have obtained employment from another company. I knew the people that were flying out to the new offices, I am sure they got things going in the right direction.
Pros
Great Benefits from New York
Cons
Horribly expensive benefits once the merger took place
A job but not a career
Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 3, 2013
The company is doing great in regards to its stock price however it has been trying times for employees. There has been a promise to hire more employees after 3 years of employees leaving or getting layed off. Right after the CIO made the promise about hiring and vision for the company layoffs started to happen again in IT. It was very typical to have priorities changed on what you are assigned on a daily and weekly basis. Which is tolerable if it wasn't for the feeling that the tasks are not completely formed from the start. At least in the Eden Prairie office much of it empty due to the layoffs and in need of repair. The Management team seems to in the dark much of the from senior management and it seems trying to save their own job then help your career.
Pros
great PTO program
Cons
benefits, work environment and management
Pharmacy
Authorization & Synagis Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2016
Helping one customer at time. Management was great. Understanding. Lots of restructuring and changes within upper management. Standardized processes need put into place across company wide.
great place to work
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTDecember 12, 2016
I have no complaints about working here, great people great job. It is a positive place to work and I am happy to be working here
just a start
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2016
good for internship experience, i got the chance to learn about specialty medication like HIV ,transplant medications, etc and helps understanding the different billing programs to assist the patients
Terrible place with terrible benefits.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2012
I worked in Insurance Verification. Terrible place to work. No chance for advancement. Unapproachable management. Laid us off and then made us guess for 4 months, when our last day would be. No training program whatsoever, other than sitting with someone for a couple of days. Told on Fridays that we would be expected to work 50 hours the following week or be fired. Top management too good to say "Good morning." Worst place I have ever worked at. Period. Glad to be laid off, although I miss the people that were in the trenches with me.
Pros
co workers
Cons
terrible benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioScrip, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5