BioScrip, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

ok place to work
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2016
The things I like the most about working for this company is the flexibility in my work hours, and a laid back work environment, and the compensation and benefits are good. The things I don't like about working for this company is that there is no sense of unity, each department is to it's own it has an us vs them mentality. No company functions to so their employees there appreciated. Poor training to employees as new hire or new projects, processes or system update/changes. The focus is on the quantity of work not the quality of work. No room for advancement.
Pros
the flexibility in my work hours
Cons
lack of training and room for advancement
Worst Company to work for
Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 20, 2016
I worked for this Company for over a year. Management kept changing, and treated all staff like they were replaceable, no respect, they are inconsistent with expectations and the inner office relationships with management and staff was completely unprofessional. The hardest part of this job is management lack of knowledge on how to do what it takes to make the company successful. They have in a short period went through 16 Staff during my short time there, this is by far the worst company I have EVER worked for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Breaks, disrepect
Great Learning Experience
Patient Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 25, 2015
At BioScrip a typical day involved answering phone calls related to prescription orders or delivery inquiries. I learned a lot of patience in this position. I really enjoyed the wide array of personalities that I dealt with on a daily basis. Although there is a decent support system in place within the call center customer retention was probably the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Dealing with so many different personalities
Cons
Customer Retention
Loved my position, Co-workers and my supervisor was great
Medical Biller & Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 11, 2015
I loved my job with Bioscrip. I wanted to stay for a great many years. I was able to apply my pharmacy backround in a much broader form and use my knowledge of medical billing to get bills paid correctly. I was also able to help patients on high-dollar meds (IV and Specialty Medications) to find co-pay assistance plans to help with the financial burden.
Pros
Fund raising events for Charity brought lunches and special activities
Cons
Company was sold to Walgreens, everything was a downward spiral after that
Infusion company
Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Bioscrip served many areas in San Diego County. There was a lot of Antibiotic infusions with some chemo attachments and detachments. There was very few IVIG. They also had their own infusion center which housed 3 patient chairs but the infusion center was not very busy.
A typical day was up to 5 patients unless you were on call then your day was only as busy as the number of new patients we would get. The weekend on call days were very long and they tried to have another nurse available to help you if possible.

The hardest part of the job was working with difficult and not so nice nurses.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the teaching. My patients always appreciated the time I took to make sure they felt safe and that someone was always available for them.
Good company but some of the management isn't very good to work with
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 4, 2016
Coworkers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was getting management to realize my workload and how it became unmanageable. Typical day was a little stressful but ok overall.
This location was bought out by Walgreens
Patient Consultant, Specialty Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2016
Difficult to rate this company as it was bought out by Walgreen's 4 months after I started there. All 250+ employees were let go. Pharmacists there were great to work for.
pharmaceutial company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 18, 2015
Great place to work for seasoned accountant. Company under gone restructuring accounting team after acquiring CHS. Company is a great place to learn how to dive into complex reconciliations.
Very laid-back easy to work for company.
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoy working with IV meds and most of the people are very nice. Very welcoming and helpful when starting this new position.
Great place to learn new things every day and surrounded by great employees.
Pharmacy Technician, Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 4, 2015
Management needs to pay more attention to their key employees other than that, Bioscrip is a great company to be with. Wonderful environment with a million opportunities to learn or pick up a new skill daily.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 2, 2015
The people were friendly, and the hours were awesome. My most enjoyable part of working there were the great people. The company provides you with a sufficient amount of work for the day.
My Experience
Intake Coordinator/ Authorizations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2015
I had a wonderful 2 years working with the best co-workers San Diego has to offer for home infusion. It is unfortunate that out time to really show our true potential was cut short.
Pros
the office culture
Cons
long hours, lack of compensation, lack of resources available
Busy work
Nutrition Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2015
Making about 80 calls a day, plus the incoming calls, daily insurance verifications, obtaining prior authorizations.
I learned how to verify insurances and more about the enteral department.
Management couldn't be more laid back.
Some coworker were really knowledgeable and others just truly negative.
The hardest was after completing your job having to help others that were backed up due to talking. I don't like to help lazy people.
The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing my calls, it felt good to know my patients didn't have anything to worry about.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
no over time
n/a
Administrative Assistant/CE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 18, 2015
Really worked with some great co-workers. I also enjoyed the job itself. Challenging at times but the account executives that I worked with nationally were fantastic. I truly hate that the restructuring took place, which ended my position.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2015
This was a specialty pharmacy that helped patients with chronic disease states. The pharmacy offered home infusion and free mail order programs to patients.
Busy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 11, 2015
Top heavy company. Decent work environment. Independant with my work. They lacked training on the Respiratory side of company.
Pros
Best in area
Cons
Lack of Management
Good company to work for
A/R Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2015
Duties included researching and resolving insurance and patient ageings. Making collection calls to insurance companies and rebilling primary or secondary claims to insurance companies when necessary. Verify any information/billing that was sent to insurance company.
I enjoyed billing claims to the insurance companies.
Pros
Lots of variety
Cons
Unable to advance to other positions.
Fun staff to work with in Rhode Island
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIAugust 16, 2015
Great company prior to merger with another one out of Minnesota. New York offices offered great benefits to the staff at Rhode Island.
The only downfall was the company closing the Wakefield RI finance office. I had to mark them down to 2 stars with that one. I don't feel that the person they hired from Minnesota took a fair look at the Rhode Island staff prior to promoting within their offices and did the company a disservice by doing that.
Funny how I was approached many times by the powers that be to fly to Minnesota and help the company out after our office was closed down. I would have thought that all the promotions that were handed out should have elevated the correct people to make the transition for all patient accounts smooth. Would have done the traveling for them (New York office) if I had not have obtained employment from another company. I knew the people that were flying out to the new offices, I am sure they got things going in the right direction.
Pros
Great Benefits from New York
Cons
Horribly expensive benefits once the merger took place
Not a very good company to work for.
New England Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJune 17, 2015
Very poorly run company. CEO manages on emotion. Too quick to make decisions on rumors and non factual information. Non seasoned management team also making poor decisions.
End result: poor financial future.
Field Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Duncan SCMay 27, 2015
This is a great place to work....but there is a wildly varying schedule and no room for advancement. The job is home infusion therapy and all that goes with it. Home visits , labs line management, dressing changes, port access etc.
Pros
pays well plus mileage
Cons
no full time opportunity