Biotest Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great co workers and donors
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2016
A great experience in the process of qualifying donors and learning about blood products and the regulation of the industry. Helpful in other aspects of my RN career. Great coworkers. Turn over of employees too frequent, some managers were intimidating and threatening toward associates , made promises and did not deliver on those promises , and some managers were awesome!!! Just like any other job, snakes in the grass!! Problems keeping enough staff but overall a great company to work for and a great experience. When the right team was in place, which was more often than not, things were great. I would recommend giving this company an opportunity!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management can't be trusted
low morale
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pnes, FLOctober 16, 2016
Hard to maintain a good work/life balance because of varied work schedule. Low pay for required work. Low morale. Very fast pace environment, donors can be kind of rough around the edges but some are really nice.
Pros
benefits, great experience
Cons
short breaks, low pay, not much room for advancement
BPC is a good place to work, with great employee benefits
Senior QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2017
BPC offers great employee benefits and compensation. Manufacturing department offers a great amount of over-time. One thing is a typical day at work is, once you get in the office - you're "swamped" for the rest of the day.
Biotest a great company
Phebotomist/Labratory Technichian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company very much I wish I could have been able to advance in the company but I decided to go in another direction with my career.
Pros
great company
Cons
little advanvement
good
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
very busy, worked with highly dedicated staff. some time not motivated to work. good holidays. good co-workers. management need to pay attention to their team's needs.
Pros
co-workers
Shady awful place
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 14, 2016
I worked for this company just long enough to realize what you see is not what you get. I was brought on because of my medical background in lab, but when I began work I was constantly demeaned and told that my background didn't matter. After I quit, the manager refused to contact me and tell me how to get my last check, I left her multiple messages to which she lied to HR and said she hadn't heard from me. It took me almost 3 months to get my check bc they refused to pay me until I threatened legal proceedings. Awful Awful shady place to work.
Great co-workers
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent staff, favoritism amongst employees/management is rampant in this facility, feedback from lower staff is requested but never taken seriously among the management team,
Nice workplace environment
Plasma Apheresis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 28, 2016
Very enjoyable job climate but there is lack of communication and feedback by managers. There is not a solid career training and development
A great workplace
Biotechnician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 8, 2016
It was a productive workplace and i enjoyed working there throughout my younger years of adulthood. It was a great experience in the field i went to school for.
Pros
Great holiday meals
Cons
Health care
Co-workers great
Mab Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 11, 2016
Great manager/supervisor/GL in the downstream dept. Met great friends in the department, good group of co-workers. Area is very nice, Boca Raton.. Cost a living though somewhat high.
employees are great as family
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2016
New QA VP makes sure the QA Director follows his views and she does. It doesn't seem anybody is willing to tell him that he is out of line. These are people's lives he is playing chess with just for his entertainment.Such a shame. I hope the best for my co-workers but they don't see the light right now poor guys.
fun place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2016
nice place to work for. people there are laid back no one is really on you. everyone is very outgoing and friendly. very easy to find parking and is much of a walk. would get in grab the samples and let them get to room temp. then start the work
Pros
easy parking
Cons
short lunches
Great Company
territory manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 19, 2016
Small sized Pharma Company with great culture. Management is fantastic, my manager is a phenomenal mentor and leader.
Great exposure for young career
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 27, 2016
At Biotest a young professional will be exposed to the the inner-workings of a pharmaceutical company because it is a small company and everyone including management is available to help if needed.
Pros
great exposure
Cons
short handed
very productive place of business with very long hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, Ga.October 7, 2015
overall very productive place, although you work very long hours with very minimal breaks. the co-workers there are for the most part a great group of people. i enjoyed working with the variety of donors that came in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very minimal breaks, long hours, and a lot of favoritism.
Fifty-Fifty
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 20, 2013
There is a difference between Stress and unnecessary stress. This is one of those jobs. Personally, I have a big disagreement with the managerment when I worked there. There was plenty of signs of favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip among my co-workers, while managerment has done nothing to go against it, instead they encourage it, believing in the rumors instead of the truth. It can get real busy over there. People needing money as soon as possible, and I understand that. But that unnecessary stress was not worth it. Don't leave a paper trail, because that is how they got me. Avoidable mistakes that should not have happened. I have seen others done plenty of mistakes, but they just know how to hide it well... Good luck
Pros
Benefits, Plenty of Hours, Great Career Job in Athens
Cons
favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip
The workplace was very unprofessional and inefficient.
Chaperoned physician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at Biotest Pharmaceuticals could be somewhat okay. I learned to make the best out of an unpredictable situation and move forward. Management did not lead by example and cost great workers to leave the facility or to be unfairly terminated. Most of my co-workers were very immature and disrespectful to others. Majority of the employees are very young and didn't exercise the notion to have a filter. The hardest part about the job was being subjected to the constant contradiction by management and the team leaders. The most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to work day shift sometimes and getting the donors in and out with respect and professionalism.
Pros
Sometimes working day shift.
Cons
The wages.
Not a good place to work if you want to help people
C.S.R. / Phlebotomist / Med Tech / Sterile Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 25, 2016
The company is based out of Germany and is ran very well. However I could not stomach the hypocritical notion that we are helping people by paying poor and desperate people pennies for what amounts to biological gold.
Pros
Nice people, Simple Job.
Cons
Hypocrisy to the highest level
Terrible Upper Management
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2014
Upper management changed in 2012 and everything went downhill fast! I left that year as did all but a few of my co-workers. Overworked, underpaid and you better not even think about getting sick and calling in. Went from being a fun work environment to a place you dreaded going to everyday!
Pros
Good benefits, nice donors
Cons
Management, long, late hours
One of very few Biologic Companies of its size and kind in South Florida
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2013
Decent place to work. Typical issues experienced in every company, i.e., some management is great, some management are not so great. etc.
Pros
Only Pharmaceutical Biologics company of its kind and size in south florida
Cons
lower than normal compensation for the same position elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biotest Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8