Biotest Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Great place for people in the healthcare field to get experience.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work consists of packaging frozen plasma for shipment, shipping samples, screening donors before their donation, performing physicals, performing venipunctures, and everything in between. It's a fast paced work environment where teamwork is key. The management is great, in my experience they have been fair in their decisions and treat everyone with respect. The hardest part of the job is the sheer amount of work sometimes- on busy days even with full staff you will be running around frantically trying to handle multiple things at once. On the other hand, being able to interact with so many donors and with the people who work there is a blessing. Sometimes it's busy and sometimes it's not, every day is a new adventure. Jobs here are VERY detail-oriented. It's very easy to make a mistake as a new hire as there are so many details you have to pay attention to on a daily basis. After a while, you will have the processes burnt into your brain and you will fly through your work with ease.
Pros
Great practice for phlebotemy, staff is fun to be around
Quality people create a quality culture
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 13, 2013
As a Quality Assurance Specialist (QA) your days are spend reviewing documents, charts, and electronic entries. In this position I vastly expanded my knowledge of QA roles and responsibilities. The managers I worked with were very conscientious about their jobs and viewed me not only as a tool to assist them but as a knowledge base to draw from. I had very little interaction with my direct managers but knew that if I needed help they were just a phone call away. As we only had one QA in each center I only saw my contemporaries once a year but I had daily interaction with the center staff. The hardest part of the job were the days when the paperwork never seemed to end only to have an internal problem arise that needed immediate correction. The most enjoyable part of my employment was the center staff that I worked with. They were a great group of people.
Pros
yearly meetings
Cons
the limited assistance to be had in the center itself.
Fifty-Fifty
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 20, 2013
There is a difference between Stress and unnecessary stress. This is one of those jobs. Personally, I have a big disagreement with the managerment when I worked there. There was plenty of signs of favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip among my co-workers, while managerment has done nothing to go against it, instead they encourage it, believing in the rumors instead of the truth. It can get real busy over there. People needing money as soon as possible, and I understand that. But that unnecessary stress was not worth it. Don't leave a paper trail, because that is how they got me. Avoidable mistakes that should not have happened. I have seen others done plenty of mistakes, but they just know how to hide it well... Good luck
Pros
benefits, plenty of hours, great career job in athens
Cons
favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip
The workplace was very unprofessional and inefficient.
Chaperoned physician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at Biotest Pharmaceuticals could be somewhat okay. I learned to make the best out of an unpredictable situation and move forward. Management did not lead by example and cost great workers to leave the facility or to be unfairly terminated. Most of my co-workers were very immature and disrespectful to others. Majority of the employees are very young and didn't exercise the notion to have a filter. The hardest part about the job was being subjected to the constant contradiction by management and the team leaders. The most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to work day shift sometimes and getting the donors in and out with respect and professionalism.
Pros
Sometimes working day shift.
Cons
The wages.
not a good environment to work in very negative
LPN Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAFebruary 18, 2014
If you have kids this is not the place for you. Also not very many incentives to want to stay with this company long term. Pay is good that's about it. Management says you can bring any problem to them which isnt true, you tell the a problem it gets avoided until you forget it ever existed or the problem is made worse than it really is by management. But you can yell scream and curse at people and still have a job but if you're a hard worker you will not be recognised. Very unprofessional place.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Lack of OJT
IDK (Former Employee) –  IDKNovember 25, 2013
Was promised 2-3 week training.. almost 2 months later found myself doing the same job over and over.... Always I'll be there hang on but never fully trained. Was repeatedly corrected while conducting IV connection on pts, directed to see a full 12 pts while the SOP states 4 for untrained. Just not a good place: lacks in personal ethics.
Pros
managment is fun, but feels fake....
Cons
lack of training effort, lack of following own sops, promises never kept.
Different type of nursing.
Medical Supervisor-Physician Substitute (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 24, 2013
. This job was a different part of the nursing field that I never new existed. You get to inter act with many different people a day. The co-workers here make this place enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is standing up for your entire shift; you may work 8-10 hour days and you might only get to sit down for 30 minutes during your lunch. You will not always get a break.
Pros
insurance, pto
Cons
you might not get breaks
Biotest has many opportunities available
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 29, 2014
As a growing company Biotest has many career opportunities available. Like many growing companies Biotest has to balance growth with the success of their business ventures. Overall my experience at Biotest was good. They value the time and work of their employees. They foster an organized and exciting work environment.
Pros
organized enviornment. managenent gives plenty of direction and positive feedback on your work.
Cons
the only con that i would have is that as a larger company they can come off as impersonal.
Terrible Upper Management
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2014
Upper management changed in 2012 and everything went downhill fast! I left that year as did all but a few of my co-workers. Overworked, underpaid and you better not even think about getting sick and calling in. Went from being a fun work environment to a place you dreaded going to everyday!
Pros
good benefits, nice donors
Cons
management, long, late hours
Overworked under paid and unappreciated
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2014
This is the worst place i have worked for. If you like kissing butt to get ahead then this will be the job for you. But if you work hard you will never feel appreciated and they will expect you to do the work of 5 people basically because they can't keep staff. I would never recommend anyone to work here,
Pros
insurance, pto
Cons
drama
Productive and fun work place.
Bio Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 16, 2015
Fast paced work environment that keeps you on your feet. I learned phlebotomy and reception skills. The hardest part of the job is trying to stick people with small, rolling veins. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the donors.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
It is 30 miles from my home.
Very cool place to work within a unique and interesting industry.
Assistant Manager/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 30, 2014
I enjoy working within the plasma industry. Knowing that you help ensure the safety of life-saving medication while also protecting the donors is very satisfying.
At our center there is a comfortable environment between the co-workers while also focusing on customer service and quality work.
Good work environment but limited professional growth.
QC Senior Analyst - Quality Control Department (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 20, 2013
Good work environment but limited professional growth. Company could benefit much more from subject matter experts if organization and lack of communication were not a barrier between depts.
Pros
excellent qc managers. respectfull and considerate. work life balanced company.
Cons
communication and effective use of resources throughout the depts.
One of very few Biologic Companies of its size and kind in South Florida
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2013
Decent place to work. Typical issues experienced in every company, i.e., some management is great, some management are not so great. etc.
Pros
only pharmaceutical biologics company of its kind and size in south florida
Cons
lower than normal compensation for the same position elsewhere
very productive place of business with very long hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, Ga.October 7, 2015
overall very productive place, although you work very long hours with very minimal breaks. the co-workers there are for the most part a great group of people. i enjoyed working with the variety of donors that came in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very minimal breaks, long hours, and a lot of favoritism.
technician
Phlebotomist Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 22, 2015
As a Technician not a great p[lace to work. Unpredictable schedule and treated as replaceable. Not much room for advancement. Luckily, coworkers were pleasant to be around for the more part, but you take the good with the bad.
Great company to work for
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 16, 2015
friendly work environment with staff that are helpful and passionate about their work. a small company where your job function can expand into many areas.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
not enough employee activities
Productive learning experience.
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 16, 2015
This team of people taught me a lot about working in the human services area. Even working behind the scenes as a lab tech, you are still doing your part to help those in need.
Process Development Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 23, 2014
This company was a great company to work for. The work was satisfying and the department I worked in had excellent management. Sadly, there was a downsizing and my position was eliminated.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
downsized and my position was eliminated
do not go there!
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 23, 2015
Its like where to begin with this company. I will say that looks can be deceiving! fair warning. Great mission and cause, but poor management.