Biotest Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Productive environment,Good Management and staff
Jr. Technician of IGG Downstream/Purification (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Typical day at work would be processing and preparation. I learned so much being their. The management team and supervisors knew their stuff. It's a learning process but with time it can be mastered.
Pros
Good Benefits, Employees are very knowledgable, Pay was good
Cons
I can't say their are any cons honestly.
Great benefits
bmt (Current Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034January 21, 2017
Benefits were great at this company but favoritism is rampant. If you aren't a favorite you won't go anywhere. I've seen promotions given to staff with tons of errors and with major write ups still get promoted repeatedly. This is frustrating and causes a high turnover rate. Hours are not good as there aren't set shifts so you cannot plan anything.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
good
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
very busy, worked with highly dedicated staff. some time not motivated to work. good holidays. good co-workers. management need to pay attention to their team's needs.
Pros
co-workers
BPC is a good place to work, with great employee benefits
Senior QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2017
BPC offers great employee benefits and compensation. Manufacturing department offers a great amount of over-time. One thing is a typical day at work is, once you get in the office - you're "swamped" for the rest of the day.
Great co-workers
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent staff, favoritism amongst employees/management is rampant in this facility, feedback from lower staff is requested but never taken seriously among the management team,
Biotest a great company
Phebotomist/Labratory Technichian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company very much I wish I could have been able to advance in the company but I decided to go in another direction with my career.
Pros
great company
Cons
little advanvement
Co-workers great
Mab Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 11, 2016
Great manager/supervisor/GL in the downstream dept. Met great friends in the department, good group of co-workers. Area is very nice, Boca Raton.. Cost a living though somewhat high.
A great workplace
Biotechnician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 8, 2016
It was a productive workplace and i enjoyed working there throughout my younger years of adulthood. It was a great experience in the field i went to school for.
Pros
Great holiday meals
Cons
Health care
Shady awful place
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 14, 2016
I worked for this company just long enough to realize what you see is not what you get. I was brought on because of my medical background in lab, but when I began work I was constantly demeaned and told that my background didn't matter. After I quit, the manager refused to contact me and tell me how to get my last check, I left her multiple messages to which she lied to HR and said she hadn't heard from me. It took me almost 3 months to get my check bc they refused to pay me until I threatened legal proceedings. Awful Awful shady place to work.
low morale
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pnes, FLOctober 16, 2016
Hard to maintain a good work/life balance because of varied work schedule. Low pay for required work. Low morale. Very fast pace environment, donors can be kind of rough around the edges but some are really nice.
Pros
benefits, great experience
Cons
short breaks, low pay, not much room for advancement
Great place to work, great co workers and donors
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2016
A great experience in the process of qualifying donors and learning about blood products and the regulation of the industry. Helpful in other aspects of my RN career. Great coworkers. Turn over of employees too frequent, some managers were intimidating and threatening toward associates , made promises and did not deliver on those promises , and some managers were awesome!!! Just like any other job, snakes in the grass!! Problems keeping enough staff but overall a great company to work for and a great experience. When the right team was in place, which was more often than not, things were great. I would recommend giving this company an opportunity!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management can't be trusted
fun place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2016
nice place to work for. people there are laid back no one is really on you. everyone is very outgoing and friendly. very easy to find parking and is much of a walk. would get in grab the samples and let them get to room temp. then start the work
Pros
easy parking
Cons
short lunches
employees are great as family
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2016
New QA VP makes sure the QA Director follows his views and she does. It doesn't seem anybody is willing to tell him that he is out of line. These are people's lives he is playing chess with just for his entertainment.Such a shame. I hope the best for my co-workers but they don't see the light right now poor guys.
Nice workplace environment
Plasma Apheresis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 28, 2016
Very enjoyable job climate but there is lack of communication and feedback by managers. There is not a solid career training and development
Great exposure for young career
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 27, 2016
At Biotest a young professional will be exposed to the the inner-workings of a pharmaceutical company because it is a small company and everyone including management is available to help if needed.
Pros
great exposure
Cons
short handed
Not a good place to work if you want to help people
C.S.R. / Phlebotomist / Med Tech / Sterile Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 25, 2016
The company is based out of Germany and is ran very well. However I could not stomach the hypocritical notion that we are helping people by paying poor and desperate people pennies for what amounts to biological gold.
Pros
Nice people, Simple Job.
Cons
Hypocrisy to the highest level
Great Company
territory manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 19, 2016
Small sized Pharma Company with great culture. Management is fantastic, my manager is a phenomenal mentor and leader.
Hated it.
Phlebotomist/Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 10, 2015
The company and the people in it play favorites and only look out for the people they "like". They do not care about your efforts to work hard and efficient.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Review Summary
Biomedical Tech/Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 18, 2015
I would administer vitals here and provide customer service to the plasma donors. I also performed phlebotomy and worked with the machines on the donor floor.
very productive place of business with very long hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, Ga.October 7, 2015
overall very productive place, although you work very long hours with very minimal breaks. the co-workers there are for the most part a great group of people. i enjoyed working with the variety of donors that came in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very minimal breaks, long hours, and a lot of favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biotest Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8