Biotest Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

low morale
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pnes, FLOctober 16, 2016
Hard to maintain a good work/life balance because of varied work schedule. Low pay for required work. Low morale. Very fast pace environment, donors can be kind of rough around the edges but some are really nice.
Pros
benefits, great experience
Cons
short breaks, low pay, not much room for advancement
Great place to work, great co workers and donors
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2016
A great experience in the process of qualifying donors and learning about blood products and the regulation of the industry. Helpful in other aspects of my RN career. Great coworkers. Turn over of employees too frequent, some managers were intimidating and threatening toward associates , made promises and did not deliver on those promises , and some managers were awesome!!! Just like any other job, snakes in the grass!! Problems keeping enough staff but overall a great company to work for and a great experience. When the right team was in place, which was more often than not, things were great. I would recommend giving this company an opportunity!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management can't be trusted
Shady awful place
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 14, 2016
I worked for this company just long enough to realize what you see is not what you get. I was brought on because of my medical background in lab, but when I began work I was constantly demeaned and told that my background didn't matter. After I quit, the manager refused to contact me and tell me how to get my last check, I left her multiple messages to which she lied to HR and said she hadn't heard from me. It took me almost 3 months to get my check bc they refused to pay me until I threatened legal proceedings. Awful Awful shady place to work.
Cons
very productive place of business with very long hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, Ga.October 7, 2015
overall very productive place, although you work very long hours with very minimal breaks. the co-workers there are for the most part a great group of people. i enjoyed working with the variety of donors that came in.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very minimal breaks, long hours, and a lot of favoritism.
employees are great as family
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2016
New QA VP makes sure the QA Director follows his views and she does. It doesn't seem anybody is willing to tell him that he is out of line. These are people's lives he is playing chess with just for his entertainment.Such a shame. I hope the best for my co-workers but they don't see the light right now poor guys.
fun place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2016
nice place to work for. people there are laid back no one is really on you. everyone is very outgoing and friendly. very easy to find parking and is much of a walk. would get in grab the samples and let them get to room temp. then start the work
Pros
easy parking
Cons
short lunches
Nice workplace environment
Plasma Apheresis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 28, 2016
Very enjoyable job climate but there is lack of communication and feedback by managers. There is not a solid career training and development
A great workplace
Biotechnician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 8, 2016
It was a productive workplace and i enjoyed working there throughout my younger years of adulthood. It was a great experience in the field i went to school for.
Pros
Great holiday meals
Cons
Health care
Fifty-Fifty
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 20, 2013
There is a difference between Stress and unnecessary stress. This is one of those jobs. Personally, I have a big disagreement with the managerment when I worked there. There was plenty of signs of favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip among my co-workers, while managerment has done nothing to go against it, instead they encourage it, believing in the rumors instead of the truth. It can get real busy over there. People needing money as soon as possible, and I understand that. But that unnecessary stress was not worth it. Don't leave a paper trail, because that is how they got me. Avoidable mistakes that should not have happened. I have seen others done plenty of mistakes, but they just know how to hide it well... Good luck
Pros
Benefits, Plenty of Hours, Great Career Job in Athens
Cons
favoritism, inconsistency, and gossip
Great exposure for young career
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 27, 2016
At Biotest a young professional will be exposed to the the inner-workings of a pharmaceutical company because it is a small company and everyone including management is available to help if needed.
Pros
great exposure
Cons
short handed

Want to know more about Biotest Pharmaceuticals?

Ask a question
Productive and fun work place.
Bio Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 16, 2015
Fast paced work environment that keeps you on your feet. I learned phlebotomy and reception skills. The hardest part of the job is trying to stick people with small, rolling veins. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the donors.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
It is 30 miles from my home.
Great Company
territory manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 19, 2016
Small sized Pharma Company with great culture. Management is fantastic, my manager is a phenomenal mentor and leader.
Terrible Upper Management
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2014
Upper management changed in 2012 and everything went downhill fast! I left that year as did all but a few of my co-workers. Overworked, underpaid and you better not even think about getting sick and calling in. Went from being a fun work environment to a place you dreaded going to everyday!
Pros
Good benefits, nice donors
Cons
Management, long, late hours
Not a good place to work if you want to help people
C.S.R. / Phlebotomist / Med Tech / Sterile Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 25, 2016
The company is based out of Germany and is ran very well. However I could not stomach the hypocritical notion that we are helping people by paying poor and desperate people pennies for what amounts to biological gold.
Pros
Nice people, Simple Job.
Cons
Hypocrisy to the highest level
One of very few Biologic Companies of its size and kind in South Florida
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 1, 2013
Decent place to work. Typical issues experienced in every company, i.e., some management is great, some management are not so great. etc.
Pros
Only Pharmaceutical Biologics company of its kind and size in south florida
Cons
lower than normal compensation for the same position elsewhere
The workplace was very unprofessional and inefficient.
Chaperoned physician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at Biotest Pharmaceuticals could be somewhat okay. I learned to make the best out of an unpredictable situation and move forward. Management did not lead by example and cost great workers to leave the facility or to be unfairly terminated. Most of my co-workers were very immature and disrespectful to others. Majority of the employees are very young and didn't exercise the notion to have a filter. The hardest part about the job was being subjected to the constant contradiction by management and the team leaders. The most enjoyable part about the job was the opportunity to work day shift sometimes and getting the donors in and out with respect and professionalism.
Pros
Sometimes working day shift.
Cons
The wages.
Hated it.
Phlebotomist/Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 10, 2015
The company and the people in it play favorites and only look out for the people they "like". They do not care about your efforts to work hard and efficient.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Great place for people in the healthcare field to get experience.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work consists of packaging frozen plasma for shipment, shipping samples, screening donors before their donation, performing physicals, performing venipunctures, and everything in between. It's a fast paced work environment where teamwork is key. The management is great, in my experience they have been fair in their decisions and treat everyone with respect. The hardest part of the job is the sheer amount of work sometimes- on busy days even with full staff you will be running around frantically trying to handle multiple things at once. On the other hand, being able to interact with so many donors and with the people who work there is a blessing. Sometimes it's busy and sometimes it's not, every day is a new adventure. Jobs here are VERY detail-oriented. It's very easy to make a mistake as a new hire as there are so many details you have to pay attention to on a daily basis. After a while, you will have the processes burnt into your brain and you will fly through your work with ease.
Pros
Great practice for phlebotemy, staff is fun to be around
Biotest has many opportunities available
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 29, 2014
As a growing company Biotest has many career opportunities available. Like many growing companies Biotest has to balance growth with the success of their business ventures. Overall my experience at Biotest was good. They value the time and work of their employees. They foster an organized and exciting work environment.
Pros
Organized enviornment. Managenent gives plenty of direction and positive feedback on your work.
Cons
The only con that I would have is that as a larger company they can come off as impersonal.
Good work environment but limited professional growth.
QC Senior Analyst - Quality Control Department (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 20, 2013
Good work environment but limited professional growth. Company could benefit much more from subject matter experts if organization and lack of communication were not a barrier between depts.
Pros
Excellent QC Managers. Respectfull and considerate. Work life balanced company.
Cons
Communication and effective use of resources throughout the depts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biotest Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9