Biotest Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Very well maintenanced staff and well put together. Over all great experience and fun place to work
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 22, 2017
I loved working for biotest, and I would highly recommend this job to anyone. The management is well rounded and made the experience for employees pleasurable to work with.
No major complaints
Biomedical Technician/Receptionst (team lead) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 4, 2017
I had a very good experience as an employee here. I got to know the donors and will carry lots of memories with me. As a team lead, there was a lot of responsibilities but nothing overboard.
Pros
Flexible schedule and hours
Cons
Short breaks
Upbeat and productive workplace with a staff like family
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 26, 2017
Learned a wide range of tasks necessary for the company in a short amount of time. I was able to really develop my skills in the medical field in a very short amount of time and really enjoyed everything I've learned from the company so far.
Pros
Health benefits, coworker relationships
Cons
Scheduling
ok experience
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2017
never had a set schedule. management was reasonable. hardest part of the job was not being compensated enough and no benefits for part time employees. best part of the job was my co workers.
Fast paced; not for every body
Biomedical technician trainer (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 27, 2017
I love working for Biotest. The fast pace of the donor floor is sure to keep you busy. The pay and benefits are pretty good. Management has it faults but they are only human like the rest of us. I'm thankful to be a part of the Biotest family.
Benefits
great experience
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 22, 2017
learned a lot of new things. met a lot of great people, gained knowledge in centrifugation and plasma therapies. the only downside to the company is there is no job security
Great people bad management
Fractionation process technician level II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Endured two layoffs at the Boca location. The managers have very bad communication with the MFG groups and nothing gets relayed. For example, the most recent layoff we didnt know until the morning when we saw the managers arrive at 0430- 0500 and started calling names. Zero reason was given for who stays and goes. zero employee value assessment zero exit interviews.
Pros
pay, great coworkers, location
Cons
management, communication, employee worth
Productive environment,Good Management and staff
Jr. Technician of IGG Downstream/Purification (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Typical day at work would be processing and preparation. I learned so much being their. The management team and supervisors knew their stuff. It's a learning process but with time it can be mastered.
Pros
Good Benefits, Employees are very knowledgable, Pay was good
Cons
I can't say their are any cons honestly.
Great benefits
bmt (Current Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034January 21, 2017
Benefits were great at this company but favoritism is rampant. If you aren't a favorite you won't go anywhere. I've seen promotions given to staff with tons of errors and with major write ups still get promoted repeatedly. This is frustrating and causes a high turnover rate. Hours are not good as there aren't set shifts so you cannot plan anything.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
good
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
very busy, worked with highly dedicated staff. some time not motivated to work. good holidays. good co-workers. management need to pay attention to their team's needs.
Pros
co-workers
BPC is a good place to work, with great employee benefits
Senior QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2017
BPC offers great employee benefits and compensation. Manufacturing department offers a great amount of over-time. One thing is a typical day at work is, once you get in the office - you're "swamped" for the rest of the day.
Great co-workers
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent staff, favoritism amongst employees/management is rampant in this facility, feedback from lower staff is requested but never taken seriously among the management team,
Biotest a great company
Phebotomist/Labratory Technichian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company very much I wish I could have been able to advance in the company but I decided to go in another direction with my career.
Pros
great company
Cons
little advanvement
Co-workers great
Mab Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 11, 2016
Great manager/supervisor/GL in the downstream dept. Met great friends in the department, good group of co-workers. Area is very nice, Boca Raton.. Cost a living though somewhat high.
A great workplace
Biotechnician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 8, 2016
It was a productive workplace and i enjoyed working there throughout my younger years of adulthood. It was a great experience in the field i went to school for.
Pros
Great holiday meals
Cons
Health care
Shady awful place
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 14, 2016
I worked for this company just long enough to realize what you see is not what you get. I was brought on because of my medical background in lab, but when I began work I was constantly demeaned and told that my background didn't matter. After I quit, the manager refused to contact me and tell me how to get my last check, I left her multiple messages to which she lied to HR and said she hadn't heard from me. It took me almost 3 months to get my check bc they refused to pay me until I threatened legal proceedings. Awful Awful shady place to work.
low morale
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pnes, FLOctober 16, 2016
Hard to maintain a good work/life balance because of varied work schedule. Low pay for required work. Low morale. Very fast pace environment, donors can be kind of rough around the edges but some are really nice.
Pros
benefits, great experience
Cons
short breaks, low pay, not much room for advancement
Great place to work, great co workers and donors
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2016
A great experience in the process of qualifying donors and learning about blood products and the regulation of the industry. Helpful in other aspects of my RN career. Great coworkers. Turn over of employees too frequent, some managers were intimidating and threatening toward associates , made promises and did not deliver on those promises , and some managers were awesome!!! Just like any other job, snakes in the grass!! Problems keeping enough staff but overall a great company to work for and a great experience. When the right team was in place, which was more often than not, things were great. I would recommend giving this company an opportunity!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management can't be trusted
fun place to work
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2016
nice place to work for. people there are laid back no one is really on you. everyone is very outgoing and friendly. very easy to find parking and is much of a walk. would get in grab the samples and let them get to room temp. then start the work
Pros
easy parking
Cons
short lunches
employees are great as family
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2016
New QA VP makes sure the QA Director follows his views and she does. It doesn't seem anybody is willing to tell him that he is out of line. These are people's lives he is playing chess with just for his entertainment.Such a shame. I hope the best for my co-workers but they don't see the light right now poor guys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biotest Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8