Birch Communications Employee Reviews in United States

So Much Time Away From Family
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMay 31, 2016
You will be away from your family a lot. This comes from experience with the company Birch purchased: Cbeyond Communications. Do exactly what you are told and hope that you have some luck.
Pros
1 of the 3 managers I had was great.
Cons
Negative management from managers and GM
This company is no longer in existence it is now owned by Birch
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
This was a very busy work environment, I learned to adapt to change quickly. Management was one of the best I've ever had the opportunity to work for, my co-workers were all hard working individuals who supported one another to reach our common goal on any given day. The hardest part of the job was the work load and the most enjoyable part of the job was that the company encouraged giving back to the community and supported it's employees while doing so.
Pros
It was a nurturing environment that encourage employees to grow
Cons
Not enough staff for a few years to handle the work load
Poor work culture
Sr. Manager, Web Development and Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
Unethical business practices internally and externally. Please check birch communications on google for more information.
Inexperienced internal management structure.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Horrible management
New Experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
This was my first outside sales job. It was base and commission...so i made more money at this job in 6 months than any job i ever work. I had a qouta to hit every month and that creates stress and with that you could be on the chopping block at any time. But when you were on your game, free money, happy hours, prizes, extended days off...many perks for production.
Pros
money !! own boss, new lifestyle
Cons
extremely micro managed
Worst Company
Voice & Data Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 29, 2016
They don't give you second chances. People are great however management write you up for nearly everything. Once your fired they refused hire you back even if it for good reasons.
Pros
Good Benafits
Cons
No chance to redeem yourself
Great place to work and play
Teritory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2016
Training was fantastic. Typical day starts with a meeting but its a relaxed meeting with focus for daily goals. Phones next for a few hours and then its out to your territory. You then come back to office and talk about the day for a few minutes and then go home. Repeat next day.
Pros
People
n/a
Telecom Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Monitors complex Telecom and Cloud Services projects from initiation through post install satisfaction. Generates and owns project plans, tracks progress of orders from pre-order entry through completion using CRM systems. Schedule and monitor customer activations and reply to technical questions throughout engagement. Takes independent action to solve problems impacting service delivery, ensuring all jeopardy/risks to successful implementation are addressed and escalated appropriately. Acts as liaison between, sales, customer, vendor and all cross-functional groups. Subject matter expert for several industry products.
Ok Company
Engineering Assistant/CSCC (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 27, 2016
Birch Telecom was a good company to work for, However, they had many layoffs while I worked their. A new company that spent many too fast and went under really quick.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Layoffs
Summary
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSJanuary 20, 2016
Hours are okay. Not very family friendly hours but it's a job. I've made the best of it. Management is good and coworkers are great. Angry customers are the hardest part.
great training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 12, 2016
this is the perfect job to get your foot in the door with sales. the training is like nothing else. this job has prepared me for a successful career
Don't do it
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
Classic "ground and pound" methodology. Minimum cold calling 50 doors per day. They teach you the most aggressive and disrespectful style of sales. Everything I learned here, I found was not the way to do business.
Non personal, no culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 11, 2015
No training. One must seek out business and create your own success no model for success, very high attrition rate. Management concerned with themselves primarily over success of their team. No company culture or positive affirmations needed for personal growth.

Hardest part was overcoming the bad name associated with the company.

Getting to know happy customers was the best part of my day, this was very rare.

Company concerned ONLY with corporate profits, they have no purpose or mission to actually help people.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and no mission.
Aside from home, THIS was my favorite place!
Pipeline Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
This is the company I was sure I would retire from. I started as a Mobile Support agent and from there transitioned into a role that would change my life, and my career goals. It was at Cbeyond that I was introduced to the skill of true root cause analysis and not only understand, master it but apply it to every aspect of my life. I learned that I have a deeper desire to research issues and help people that I ever knew existed. This was an awesome company and I cannot say enough great things about the CEO and the entire Senior Leadership staff.
Pros
Learning opportunities, hour lunches, excellent pay, awesome work enviroment
Cons
Reading all the negative social media posts about the services provided by Cbeyond everyday
Vague
Account Executive III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2015
The environment doesn't align with my Core Values held personally. At this point in my life I am looking for a Long Term Career. This position is just a short term job demonstrating daily a revolving door mentality.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
dont know what to say
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2015
not a good company to work for . turn and burn territory. not a lot of upward mobility. was only there a few months and it was not a great time in my work career
Great Company
Process Integration (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2015
Friendly atmosphere from the CEO downward.
Onsite learning tools.(six sigma)
Cafe on campus.
Innovative
Willing to fight for the customer and take ownership when at fault.
A stable and comfortable workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2015
Working at CBeyond Tax Service the day was never the same. My management was very professional and provided a stable enviorment. The tax service was fairly small so I didn't have any co-workers. The only hard part about was dealing with irate clients. But it was a all around nice seasonal job to have.
Pros
The boss ALWAYS bought lunch
Cons
Only seasonal
Sales environment to the max
Senior Sales Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 22, 2015
Everything that wasn't innate in my salesmanship, i learned here. How to build on my ability to establish relationships... how to cold call... how to close- all took place here. I worked with great like-minded people who were there for you through thick and thin.
Pros
An environment for the true salesman
Cons
lack of life/work ballance
fun place to work but hard long days
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 16, 2015
Great sales training. Once out of training must get 50 business cards a day use own personal vehicle tons of miles managers are difficult. 3 months no sales fired high turn over rate. Cheap vending machines meeting every morning to role play
Pros
cheap vending machines
Cons
long days use personal vehicle
typical day
Smart Start Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 30, 2015
company no longer exists. Executive mgt waited way to long to look for new technology to branch out with to continue company growth.
Pros
looked great at 1st
Cons
poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birch Communications. Our community is ready to answer.