Birch Communications Employee Reviews

Brich Communications
Certified Communications Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day would be come in to work, turn the computer on and get to it. Nothing too special.

I actually haven't learned too much, as it has all been data entry regarding construction work that I have a well formed set of knowledge in and speaking over the phone. Both I am proficient in performing.

My managers were all fair and some even fun to talk with about work. The breaks are laid out plainly and there was never a bad word said about anyone in the offices, even when other co-workers showed up late or not at all.

The hardest part of my job was a co-worker that wanted to follow my every step and act as my guide when I was already provided information on how to do things correctly by my manager.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the management at the offices. they know what they need, and you provide it. The praise received is always worth it when they tell you "That was done well". or "This is the best report I have ever seen", Instant gratification is always nice.
Review

Management -3

Job Culture -4
Great for entry level b2b experience
Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 5, 2016
I worked for a CBeyond, now Birch Communications for a short time. The days were long and the pay was very little. Selling T1s is an outdated technology, most small to mid size organizations are buying low cost, high bandwidth broadband circuits, not T1 services. I'm not sure if Birch has changed their portfolio to also include broadband based connectivity, but if they're still pushing T1 services I can't imagine it being profitable and/or lucrative for sales.

Days were very long, 12 hours in fact. Typically, a day would consist of driving out into the field, knocking on doors, trying to generate leads and/or meetings. Territories had been saturated by multiples of sales people that had already visited onlya month/s ago.

The pay was very little and there was no gas reimbursement for using your vehicle in the field. In addition, you had to increase your car insurance cost to cover liability for driving your vehicle on the job.

The culture was young which made for a positive environment. Management practice was to slave drive. A lot of young adults just getting out of college. It was a great opportunity to gain exposure to B2B sales and technology. CBeyond also had a great training program (it was a 4 week training program teaching you the Sandler Methodology).
Pros
Peers
Cons
Compensation, management practices
Bad Customer Service
Cloud Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 2, 2016
The company has terrible reviews online and high customer churn.

When the company is searched on Google, the first thing that prospective customers see is a one-star rating and a slew of unhappy active and inactive customers.

A large portion of the existing customers are displeased with their existing service which makes contract renewals difficult as well.

Pricing is decent though.

Recently replaced C-Level leadership so there should be some positive changes, but that also means there is much more micromanagement over the outside sales teams.
Pros
Incentives - Commission & Bonus Structure
Cons
Customer Experience
Non personal, no culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 11, 2015
No training. One must seek out business and create your own success no model for success, very high attrition rate. Management concerned with themselves primarily over success of their team. No company culture or positive affirmations needed for personal growth.

Hardest part was overcoming the bad name associated with the company.

Getting to know happy customers was the best part of my day, this was very rare.

Company concerned ONLY with corporate profits, they have no purpose or mission to actually help people.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and no mission.
Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Dispatched from home to customer locations. I would install or repair depending on the ticket SDSL, pots lines and dsl. Management was good and the job was fun.
Cons
Laid off with several other techs.
n/a
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
• Provide support to State Farm agents and their staff, handle questions regarding marketing and advertising. Handle reimbursements and agent service awards.
• Process payments and transfer calls to appropriate department or email messages to agents.
• Set up rental car appointments or assist with roadside assistance. Add additional cars to account.
Hard work pays
Level 3 Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
If you put in the work and beat the streets, you will be extremely successful. Management is solid but definitely looks for results which is understandable.
Major Micro Management
Mobile Manager Technical /Care Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Major Micro ManagementSeptember 1, 2016
Management would be required to give you an occurrence for being 1 minute late to work. late from 1st break, from lunch, from last break or if you left 1 minute early.
Good Company
DFW Market Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 25, 2016
The Sr Manager at Birch is the best they have ever had. Very caring and will go out of his way to help any employee. working with the Techs and Sales staff to assist the customer in having a great customer experience was definitely a highlight.
Pros
co-workers were the absolute best to work with.
Cons
Hold times were long.
It's not all bad
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 8, 2016
Working here has its up and downs just like any other job, but it really lacks in training and advancement of their employees. The overall atmosphere is great as far as co-workers go.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lacks in training employees properly
Good overall experience
Technical Support Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 16, 2016
At Birch the overall experience was good. I was called one day and advised that that would be my last day because the company was laying off employee, I had no idea prior to that day of this decision,
Great people and work enviroment
Industrial Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2016
Great people and work environment. I did an industrial engineering co-op here and loved it. lots of great projects. the call center agents were all very helpful. everyone was excited to see the company progressing.
very family oriented enviroment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Birch Communication
I learned time management and organization skills while at Birch that will help me in my next job .
Great management team
Pros
flexibility
Cons
isurance was too high
This company is no longer in existence it is now owned by Birch
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
This was a very busy work environment, I learned to adapt to change quickly. Management was one of the best I've ever had the opportunity to work for, my co-workers were all hard working individuals who supported one another to reach our common goal on any given day. The hardest part of the job was the work load and the most enjoyable part of the job was that the company encouraged giving back to the community and supported it's employees while doing so.
Pros
It was a nurturing environment that encourage employees to grow
Cons
Not enough staff for a few years to handle the work load
Good Potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31210September 21, 2016
Excellent co-workers willing to assist in all aspects and duties. Overall vision is improving and new leadership is making positive changes. Daily improvements in process and progress.
Pros
People, Flexibility
Cons
Growing Pains
Fun place to work at if you hit your monthly quota and a lot of younger people work here. If you are young it would be a good place to start there.
Sales and Marketing/ B2B/ C- Level (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 15, 2012
everyday meetings, telemarketing twice a week. It was a great experience for me to go cold call businesses. You get to deal with a lot of different people on daily basis, some good and some bad. Overall my experience with Cbeyond was fair. They gave me a hard time to hire me. I went there for interviews about 6 times before they hired me but once I was hired and they saw my performance they treated me fairly.
The best part of the job was closing deal the worst part was looking for prospects and leads. My co-workers were awesome people and very helpful even though it was a very competitive environment.
Pros
good benefits, annual corporate trips if you are a top performer, fun corporate activity if you hit your quota
Cons
long hours, low compensation package in comparison to industry standard
Not the best place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2016
Hostile take over. lost two Vice president a CSO and the CEO in less than two and a half months.It was once like working for Google.
Pros
President's Club
Not a bad start if looking for a Sales Career
Territorial Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Overall I hated this job. I took this job to get a feel for a possible career in sales but after two months of working at Cbeyond I quickly found sales was not for me. However if you are looking for a career in sales this may be a good start for you. Most sales reps working for this company are young and right out of college, so expect a non formal work environment when at the office, which you may or may not like.
Pros
Co-workers in sales team were extremely nice and very helpful to new people, full benefits, monthly and yearly bonuses available, Quick progression through promotions
Cons
Lots of Micromanagemen, Telecommunication market is over polluted with numerous competitors, High employee turnover rate, Pay is below standard and compensation is not that great
Never Again
Territory Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 4, 2016
Worse company I've ever worked for. The sales teams were run by a bunch of people who were never properly trained to be managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birch Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9