Birch Communications Employee Reviews

No info
Sales Account Executive/ (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 10, 2018
I worked for Cbeyond, which later was bought by Birch. I have no info as I never worked for Birch. I am not able to give a review of the company, and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so.
Very poor work environment
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 23, 2017
Working at this company was very hard, they were very hard on women and favored men. This was very apparent from the beginning and I needed to find another job before I could leave
Good Company
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 17, 2017
Company is a great company to work for, I would recommend to anyone who is looking for employment in the Middle Georgia area. I only left due to relocation.
Just don't work here
Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 11, 2017
Just don't work here. It isn't worth it. Seriously, it's not worth it. The stress alone makes it a good workplace to avoid. This 150 character minimum seems unnecessary.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress, understaffed
Awful
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2017
All they care about is money money money. All they want is for their employees to become sheeple slaves that can't do anything but be in fear of losing their job.
Good environment
Customer Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSDecember 6, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers and enjoy the atmosphere of Birch. It is a laid-back, easy going career with great benefits. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Birch
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 24, 2017
I do think Birch is an okay place to work. I did learn a lot and as stressful as it was Birch was willing to work with me on some medical issues, however the temp agency I had to go through was not.
Pros
I did learn a lot
Cons
short lunches, it was stressful being yelled at 8hrs a day
Overall good environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSNovember 22, 2017
Great place to work, however when the company undergoes changes in VP's and CEO's job security can get be unstable. Direct management is great and willing to assist with any situation that may occur business and personal.
Reduction of Telcos
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2017
The first year I was there was good. After that, the market for Telecos in general began to dissolve. Birch fell subject to this and reduced their footprint in the Midwest and focused on their Business Services and Sale while they dissolved their Residential side.
Pros
Enjoyed the area we were located
Cons
Slow, steady demise
I enjoyed working for Birch
National Partner Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2017
I would still be working for Birch if it wasnt for corporate cutbacks after they were bought out by Fusion. I enjoyed all those i worked with. The management team and NCMs where good people. I really enjoyed my job with training partners on our product.
Pros
Great management team.
Cons
Layes off without advance warning

Want to know more about Birch Communications?

Ask a question
Company was better prior to merger
Tier 1 Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
The company moral and environment declined after they became Birch. The culture was very happy and encouraged each others success thereafter the change it became more cut-throat lacking empathy and direction for their employees.
Pros
different shifts available
Cons
new company rules were not made for happy company moral
unknown
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2017
When I w0rked here, it was Cbeyond and they were great company that was employee oriented. Great company to learn about the cloud and selling phone systems.
Workplace
Customer Care/ Billing Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Good people working in a not so good environment. The company did not have much to offer in the way of advancement. We were just trying to keep our job from one day to the next...
Pros
I was working daily
Cons
no advancement
Worst Telecom on the face of the planet
DIRECTOR, NETWORK OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Greedy and inept are the two words to best describe Birch. Constant layoffs to keep the failing business model of selling rotting copper infrastructure at premium prices afloat. Sales making wild promises to customer without any technical infrastructure commitments to back them up.
Pros
Good technical teams and some good leadership
Cons
Complete inablity to understand that time marches on, focus on growth by accretion with terrible integration
no job security
PHONE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYOctober 7, 2017
it was a good company to work for, paid well and had time off with pay. then management changed their policy on how they worked trouble tickets so i got laid off
Birch
Senior Cloud Solutions Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2017
Poorly run organization with constant infrastructural problems. Lowest possible customer service ratings on all platfforms (Google, other search engines).
Not the greatest place to work
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS 66801October 4, 2017
The people you work with are great and the job is easy enough. But recent financial troubles of the company have led into a steady decline in management and our day to day and changes we have to go through. No job security & almost no room for advancement.
Pros
weekly events like free food or tickets
Cons
management and hard to manage life needs over your job
Productive place to work
Advance Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work was very fast paced and busy. There is no micro-management therefore you have to be a self-starter and willing to self-train in order to progress in the typical functionality of the role in which you are assigned. The culture is family oriented for those who remained from Cbeyond days. * Integration was a bit challenging at first due to different portfolios in which the company possessed-learning curve for everyone involved. Overall good place to work. Very convenient to major highways though traffic may get rough due to position of the new Braves Stadium. I would recommend employment as well return to employment. * Layoff 09/2017
Pros
Cons
Procedures
Terrible place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Not a good place to work. The management is terrible, they treat their employees terribly, and the owners don't care at all. Good work and life balance, but terrible place to work
Pros
good work and life balance
Cons
Terrible place to work though
Disorganized after Cbeyond Acquisition
Enterprise Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
Birch's acquisition of Cbeyond lead to a lot of chaos and confusion within the company with regards to integration of systems and processes. Birch Executive Management was rude and uncooperative after saying they had an open door policy regarding the acquisition. But I have found out from friends still there that there has been a EMT change and things are looking better,
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Executive Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birch Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7