Birdville ISD Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 24, 2017
Birdville ISD is a great place to work. I loved teaching my students each day. The district is very supportive and they help in any way possible for your classroom.
Great Workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2017
Learned many invaluable lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life. The experiences and skills learned here have been extremely valuable and useful throughout my careers.
18 year employee
Teacher/Licensed Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 5, 2017
I am a retired teacher. Birdville ISD was truly a family oriented district. I had the honor of working for 18 years in this district. Loved the Students as well as the other teachers.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Loved working around the animals.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 4, 2017
If rules were put into place and were followed through the facility would be awesome to work at. I just do not think it is fair for animals to have to set in there own fecise because there owners do not want to clean up after them. I was raised if you had a animal you took care of because that animal depended on you to take care of it at all times not when it was convenient.
Every day was different
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXMay 25, 2017
Since I was a substitute teacher every day I worked was different. I loved getting to teach students and seeing their eye brighten when they finally understood a concept.
Stressful
Special Education EDUCATIONAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXMay 11, 2017
Job was very stressful and dangerous (Special Education). District was not concerned with staff safety or discipline for students. Compensation was way too low for job duties required. Never got a duty-free lunch. Too many students in one classroom.
BISD Work Place
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Typically i was working outside for 10 hours a day so there wasn't much except a few things that could be worked on. Like more hands on management team who comes out and joins the different crews during the working with them.
Pros
Listen to music while working.
Cons
Hot days
Excellent place to work
Substitute Teacher for Pre-K through Fifth Grade (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TX 76117November 2, 2016
Love working with professionals that put children first. Compassionate , fun loving, and caring people that put the students needs above their pocket book. Willing to but a needy child a new pair of shoes, or under wear or feed their class breakfast before beginning the day. Truly blessed to work with these educators.
Great staff and atmosphere
Instructional Aide - Special Ed (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 20, 2016
Everyday I worked with great staff and loving students. I learned the different student behaviors and how to comfort them educationally or help them with the correct curriculum. The principals I've worked with have been very understanding and help out any staff member in any way to meet their needs. The hardest part of the job is the end of the year seeing some students go. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a student move forward or accomplish a goal with the help or motivation I provided.
Pros
surprise treats/gifts from parents or staff
Cons
short lunch break
Good district to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas Fort Worth areaMay 6, 2016
It is a good school district to work for. I haven't worked there for long, but overall the people are friendly, helpful, and some of the teachers and staff are very wonderful.
Must like working with no support
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Its a great place to work. Take out the students and it would be an excellent place to work. You get no support from the staff you are subbing in. You receive verbal abuse from students because the Administration does little punish them.
Pros
off work early
Cons
terrible pay for substitues
Supportive and Encouraging
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXDecember 16, 2015
I love my job! Birdville is a wonderful district with an extremely supportive administration. My teaching colleagues are amazing, dedicated leaders of the community, and my second family. We are a very close-knit staff with a high degree of compassion. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the stress that comes along with teaching a STAAR tested grade level.
Pros
relationships
Cons
Staar
Enjoyed the Administration
Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TexasJuly 19, 2015
A typical day was eventful. I spent most of the time in my classroom. This position was started by another teacher and I picked the job up in January. The transition was difficult however very successful. I enjoyed the administration and children.
Pros
The kids
Cons
There was not unity on the team
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 17, 2015
Birdville ISD was able to give me the flexibility that I needed during my tile of working there. I loved working with the students.
Dealing with high profile busines people, police ,chamber of commerce ,admistration staff,superintendent staff
building and grounds (Former Employee) –  haltom city texasJuly 8, 2015
responsible for students safety during hours of operation maintain in and out of the property making sure all alarms are on and off at proper times responsible for food and beverages stocking enjoyed being around a hotel like environment
Pros
job security
Cons
no set schedule
a great place if you like a challenge
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Haltom City , HaltomJune 15, 2015
I've driven a school bus in California , however , this has been much more challenging dealing with special need children. Most of my co-workers have been good to work with , however the current administration , leaves a lot to be desired. The best part ,was working with the teachers ,and parents, in finding ways to deal with each child individually.
Pros
Working with some great people
Cons
Dealing with some who have no idea on how to work with special need children
GREAT place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 21, 2014
Great School District. Very supportive of all their employees, even Substitute teachers.
Substitute Teacher 1 through 12 grades
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birdville, TXJuly 11, 2014
Sub for science and math for all grades. Taught English as a second language to grades 1 through 3, then also High School. Spanish classes mostly.
Pros
Expanded experience in the education field.
Cons
Tough getting up and down with the little ones.
Enjoyable working with a variety of students and instructors
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXDecember 4, 2013
Managed classroom with instructions often left by instructor. Must be flexible in mindset, as situations often change rapidly.
Opportunity to Serve
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Every single day is filled with its own unique challenges. There is plenty of room for both professional and personal growth, but the demands are quite time consuming. Teachers are no longer simply educators of certain content. Rather, we are secretaries, organizers, coordinators, nurses, police officers, and, sometimes, miracle workers. Overall, teaching has been fulfilling, but I am compelled after 11 years to explore other aspects of my BS, which is in political science.