Birdville ISD Employee Reviews in United States

Good district to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas Fort Worth areaMay 6, 2016
It is a good school district to work for. I haven't worked there for long, but overall the people are friendly, helpful, and some of the teachers and staff are very wonderful.
Must like working with no support
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Its a great place to work. Take out the students and it would be an excellent place to work. You get no support from the staff you are subbing in. You receive verbal abuse from students because the Administration does little punish them.
Pros
off work early
Cons
terrible pay for substitues
Supportive and Encouraging
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXDecember 16, 2015
I love my job! Birdville is a wonderful district with an extremely supportive administration. My teaching colleagues are amazing, dedicated leaders of the community, and my second family. We are a very close-knit staff with a high degree of compassion. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the stress that comes along with teaching a STAAR tested grade level.
Pros
relationships
Cons
STAAR
As a retired Teacher I was allowed to work on a part-time bases. Returning to the classroom reinvigorated my desire.
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 14, 2013
Teaching students to be successful in taking the TAKS Science test was rewarding. I was employed under a grant for TAKS. the completion rate turned out to be 98%. My only regret was not being able to see the last 6 Seniors pass the test this summer.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
my schedule would not allow me to work after 11:00 am, this raised some problems in the duties i was allowed to perform.
Dealing with high profile busines people, police ,chamber of commerce ,admistration staff,superintendent staff
building and grounds (Former Employee) –  haltom city texasJuly 8, 2015
responsible for students safety during hours of operation maintain in and out of the property making sure all alarms are on and off at proper times responsible for food and beverages stocking enjoyed being around a hotel like environment
Pros
job security
Cons
no set schedule
a great place if you like a challenge
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Haltom City , HaltomJune 15, 2015
I've driven a school bus in California , however , this has been much more challenging dealing with special need children. Most of my co-workers have been good to work with , however the current administration , leaves a lot to be desired. The best part ,was working with the teachers ,and parents, in finding ways to deal with each child individually.
Pros
Working with some great people
Cons
Dealing with some who have no idea on how to work with special need children
Enjoyed the Administration
Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TexasJuly 19, 2015
A typical day was eventful. I spent most of the time in my classroom. This position was started by another teacher and I picked the job up in January. The transition was difficult however very successful. I enjoyed the administration and children.
Pros
The kids
Cons
There was not unity on the team
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 17, 2015
Birdville ISD was able to give me the flexibility that I needed during my tile of working there. I loved working with the students.
Loved this Job!
Computer E.A. (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 26, 2012
This was an amazing job, I was able to combine my love for computers and technology with my love for education and children. I became the Computer E.A. and after being hired and realizing the job description was a bit bland I asked my boss if I could actually TEACH technology to the students and not just watch them play games. She gave me full range to commit to this new idea. I was able to teach the children the technical terms for the computer parts and different programs such as excel, word, powerpoint, how to search the internet and create simple web pages. I also took care of all the teachers computers and printers if they had problems. I took over the yearbook, 4th grade newspaper, and talent show. I jumped in with both feet and loved every second of this job! The only thing would be the insurance isn't great and the pay is low but being happy is better then being rich and miserable!
Pros
summers with my kids, getting to watch kids learn and create with technology
Cons
healthcare, pay
Opportunity to Serve
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Every single day is filled with its own unique challenges. There is plenty of room for both professional and personal growth, but the demands are quite time consuming. Teachers are no longer simply educators of certain content. Rather, we are secretaries, organizers, coordinators, nurses, police officers, and, sometimes, miracle workers. Overall, teaching has been fulfilling, but I am compelled after 11 years to explore other aspects of my BS, which is in political science.

Want to know more about Birdville ISD?

Ask a question
Substitute Teacher 1 through 12 grades
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birdville, TXJuly 11, 2014
Sub for science and math for all grades. Taught English as a second language to grades 1 through 3, then also High School. Spanish classes mostly.
Pros
expanded experience in the education field.
Cons
tough getting up and down with the little ones.
unpredictable work place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasDecember 13, 2012
not a good company to work for. Realistate is always up and down and you wonder if you will stay employed.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
wondering if you where going to be emplyed the following friday
Enjoyable working with a variety of students and instructors
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXDecember 4, 2013
Managed classroom with instructions often left by instructor. Must be flexible in mindset, as situations often change rapidly.
Great hours, perfect for stay home moms or retiree
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  haltom city, txAugust 30, 2013
loved working there, miss it very much, but always wanted to work in medical field
Pros
summer and holiday off
Cons
getting up early
GREAT place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXAugust 21, 2014
Great School District. Very supportive of all their employees, even Substitute teachers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birdville ISD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2