Biscuits & Bath Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
This company does not care about their employees!
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Employees are treated like garbage,

Management only cares about how much clients they

can sign up no matter how aggressive or vicious their dog is,therefore putting other client's dogs in danger, Dogs get bitten or hurt at this place and management just lies to their owners when asked how their dog got hurt,

I Definitely Dont reccomend anyone working here or leaving their loved dog here for daycare. If you are looking to grow or get any kind of raise for hardwork, Dont Waste Your Time! They dont care.
Pros
Working with dogs.
Cons
Management is incompetent, They dont care about dogs in their care, they lie to the clients when their dogs get hurt, No room for growth at all, People quit after 3 or 6 months working here
The idea behind the company is good, the people themselves aren't.
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
It was great spending time with the dogs, and their philosophy has potential, but unfortunately you'll have management and other co workers who don't follow through on that philosophy.

The handler:dog ratio is awful and is nothing more than a huge accident waiting to happen. I've complained several times to management about it and each time their response would be "We'll see what we can do" with nothing being done. Definitely not a good way to practice safety between dog and human.

I did learn alot about dog behaviors and bonded with so many pups - it was hard to leave. However, the dogs won't help pay the bills, and for minimum wage, it isn't worth sticking around and dealing with the pettiness from coworkers and managers.
Pros
Bonding with the dogs, gain some experience with dogs, meeting pet parents
Cons
Favoritism is rampat, unsafe protocals, immature coworkers and management, wage
Good for animal lovers
Young Adult Internship Program (Dog Handler) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Depending on the shift, mornings start of well. Greet clients and take the dogs on track. stay on track with the dogs, watching them, play with them and cleaning up after them while also ensuring their safety.
Management was a little messy,there was no training, its was actually the hardest part for me during my internship there. The communication was terrible with the manager, but the assistant managers where cool. Most enjoyable part were the dogs.
Pros
Dogs, puppy.
Cons
people, training period. etc..
Not somewhere I would work again
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 8, 2016
The dogs made working here worthwhile! They were amazing and you'll grow to be connected with every single one and their pet parents were just as nice.

If you want to do more than handling, it's fairly easy to move past it. I somehow juggled handling, dog walking and bathing.

Didn't really like management, at all. They treat you like your incompetent. I've witnessed managers yelling and cursing at a fellow staff, bringing her to tears and there's just as much tension at other locations. That whole "We are a family" act is just that, an act.

Sometimes I would be on a playfield while the other one would be unsupervised and the dogs would be left walking around their excrement and urine, while the front desk stuff would be chatting away.

We (Handlers, Groomers & Walkers) didn't get payed enough to deal with what we had to and the favoritism is a problem as well.

There's a lot of downsides to working here but if you've got other duties like school, the go for it as you wouldn't be at the location as much.
Pros
The dogs, clients, co workers
Cons
Management, the pay
Fun place to work
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
I gained so much respect for animals here. The hardest part about this job was seeing the dogs get old. the most enjoyable part was the love the dogs showed me.
Pros
the work place was like a family
Cons
alot of hours
Great enviroment to work with dogs.
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 1, 2016
It was great to work and get to see different types of dogs. They were friendly dogs, really adorable and lovable.....................................................
If you love dogs and don't mind being paid very little then this job is for you!
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2016
If you want to work with dogs and you don't have a lot of financial responsibilities then this is the job for you. Because it's hard to support a family on this pay. I've been bitten by dogs so many times I lost count. They don't really have protective gear to deal with aggressive dogs. Some of the locations are disgusting to work at. They transfer you without telling or asking you. Lazy workers get promoted while hardworking people get fed up and leave. If you do decide to work here my best advice is make it temporary or use it to gain experience with animals and move on to something better. And if you don't believe me work here and see for yourself. I've seen people walk out and never come back on their first day. The pay is not worth it I can't emphasize that enough.
Pros
You get to play with dogs that's the only pro
Cons
Most times no break and they still deduct from your hours, getting bit by dogs and no reports are made, poor management at certain locations, expect you to kill yourself for poor pay, have very aggressive dogs that shouldn't be in a daycare
Fun and fast-paced environment
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be cleaning, grooming, and dog walking. I supervised my coworkers, and made sure daily tasks were completed. I learned how to multi-task, communicate better, and work with different types of people.
Pros
I love animals
Cons
The management team did not do much
Great workplace with an amazing staff and even more amazing dogs!
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
Fun and fast-paced environment working with a team that has the same passion- dogs! It can get hectic and stressful, but there's no better way of letting off some steam by hanging out with some amazing and incredible dogs!
Pros
Amazing management team
Cons
Small nips at the ankles
a place where you can have a lot of fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2015
biscuits and bath is a place where you can use skills and learn skill at the same time and grown with the company the job is a very tuff place must be ready to work
Pros
working witth dogs
Cons
pay
Working with dogs a joy but people are disguisting
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2014
Its not a decent/fair environment. Management is sloopy. They don't train or prepare you. Its every man for themselves! I worked at a poor location (TriBeca). I can't talk bout the other locations but my experience was a nightmare
Overall Fun atmosphere with real life doggy fun
Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2013
At Biscuits and Bath a typical day at work was full of unexpected expected experiences. Working in a very high volume call center I dealt with a wide range of client care needs. I served as a human switch board at times simply transferring calls to our various locations to helping clients deal with very complex reservations that ensured the overall care of their dog over an extended period of time. In addition, we maintained complex client and pet records, complex and multi-leveled billing records, pet medical records (working directly with veterinarians), making a minimum of 75 outbound sales calls while taking in over 100 inbound calls addressing a wide range of client requests. As a client care specialist I was required to focus both on client happiness and closing out the day with a minimum of $1000 in daily sales. Our client base consisted of wealthy clients that demanded the best quality of service not only for themselves but for their dogs. The management team didn't communicate internal minute changes to employees in the realm of scheduling and location coverage effectively causing a drop in morale and employee happiness. There is also a breakdown in communication between clients and client services in which services are not clearly identified causing a wide range of problems in both accounting and client expectations. The staff were overall happy and tried to keep morale as upbeat as possible while trying to meet the company minimum sales goals in order to meet the company's goal of a higher Net Promoter Score in exchange for a year end bonus. The hardest part of the  more... job was finding the balance between client happiness and maintaining a high volume of sales. Time management is especially a challenge because as a client care specialist I had to provide support to both clients and location staff. Their was no separation between servicing the client with their needs and selling them a service. As a client care specialist I learned how important time management is and how to prioritize tasks throughout the day while always maintaining a professional and positive attitude. I enjoyed finding solutions to client issues and ending a call on a positive and constructive note. Seeing how my attention to detail resulted in not only a happy client but a happy and healthy dog made my day.  less
Pros
generous compensation, great coworkers, nice uniform.
Cons
expensive healthcare, unstable work hours, unclear pto policies.
whats better than working with dogs?
Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2012
you barely interact with people. work is basically playing with dogs all day, well you do have to pick up behind them. enjoyable job, time flies.