Bisk Education, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

No Bills No Family No time Off
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  TampaAugust 30, 2015
If you don't have to pay bills it's the best company to work for. If you hate vacation time it's the best company to work for. If you enjoy mngt that shows up to flirt and doesn't work it's the best place to work.
Pros
Education
Cons
An evolving company that has found its stride
Digital Marketing Optimization (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2015
Bisk has completely evolved since I started with the company in early 2013. At the time, there was far too much bureaucracy and politics woven into the DNA of the company. Thankfully, a few months after I started, our current President moved into his new role. Having worked in every department within the company, he understood the issues Bisk had on a granular level. Little by little he has removed toxic management and introduced new productivity methodologies (Agile, 4dx) that have improved our workflow and final products. Also, the company has recently announced a revamped benefits program that might be one of the best I've seen in Tampa!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. That is probably a good thing since we spend 40+ hours a week together. Like any job, there are times when I will have to stay late to meet a deadline, however those days are not the norm. I could not ask for better work-life balance.

With our new leadership, Bisk has found its stride, both corporately and culturally. I'm excited to see what the next few years have in store for us.
Pros
work life balance, new benefits program, co workers
Cons
growing pains as we transition, old office space
Bisk AKA University Alliance is Not a Desirable Place to Work
Media Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2015
The culture at Bisk is disappointing and it's well known that employees are unappreciated and disposable. Employees are fired for "performance" with no prior performance write ups. Managers all have their own political agenda and work against each other. Management is often poor leaders and never given the proper training or industry knowledge to manage teams. Management lacks diversity. There were many occasions where actions of leadership shocked and appalled me.

Employees at Bisk are treated poorly and underpaid, so morale is a big issue. Departments constantly work against each other, create roadblocks and avoid blame. Performance metrics and KPIs are contradictory. No parking - be prepared to take a bus to your car. Overall, Bisk AKA University Alliance is not a desirable place to work.
Pros
Occasional lunches, powder creamer, coffee
Cons
No job security, pay below industry averages, negative culture, interdepartmental blame game, management who cannot lead, parking issues, low morale
Pennypinchers
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
Underpaying employees and cutting corners have always been my M.O. but I have much to learn from this company. Every department complains that they are compensated well below the industry average and that their technology is TERRIBLE. The computers at the tiny cubicles are a day away from going blue screen of death on their user as their processors whine. I've seen whole days of productivity wasted as computers lock up or completely crash and no one is able to fix or replace it.

Almost as bad as the technology is the quality of managers - notice I said manager not leaders. These people are so selfish and childish caring more about the size of their office and parking spots than their teams. They'd rather spend funds renovating offices to make them bigger and putting in additional reserved spots than giving raises to hard working employees.

Its almost a 50/50 split between reserved spots and free spots. Its a bigger violation to park in one of those spots than to miss a deadline. Priorities are so crazy here.
Pros
Education
Cons
Benefits, Poor Management, Parking
Not what it appears..
Sales/Instructional Design/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlFebruary 25, 2014
This company suffers from mismanagement and poor morale among employees. Pay isn't high compared to other companies and work is repetitive.
Pros
stable
Cons
no two week paid vacation, corporate cubicle culture

1.5