Bisk Education Employee Reviews

This company has no business being in operation. Run for your lives!!!
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 23, 2013
In my 15 years in the sales/marketing field I have never worked for a company that micro-managed to this degree. You even have to clock out on break when you use the restroom! Come on! We are adults, and those basic human needs cannot be placed on a timer. There is no positive reinforcement from management, only what you are doing wrong. And this is reinforced EVERY day through verbal abuse. There is a referral goal of 6 a month: you must obtain the name, phone number and email address of each referral from a past or current student (or prospective student); and ask on every phone call at least three times. This is part of what you are judged on to keep your job. This is out of your control, as you cannot FORCE someone to provide you with this information, especially when the quality of the product is far below the par of what you promote when selling to these students. And, yes, we are told we are selling education. Even though the Department of Education has mandated that you are not allowed to "sell" education or use hard core sales tactics, per Title IV. The Department of Education needs to know that sales attainment goals have been set, since it is illegal. When the DOE visits on the site, the flat screens that normally display all of the teams' reps and where they are to their goals every day are turned off so that the DOE will not know what is really going on. Emails from Bisk employees go into SPAM folders for Chrissakes, if that tells you anything. Enough said! As of a few months ago, the first month you do not reach goal you are given a verbal warning. The second month  more... you receive a written warning. The third month you are suspended for a day. (And might I point out that you drive to work that morning and are told that you are suspended for that day and must drive all the way back home. BIG help with the gas prices in this economy!) The fourth time has a question mark on the written protocol, but anyone that does not reach his or her goal on that fourth month is terminated. In training, one of the questions on the exam asks the one thing that does not affect a review and that answer is the number of enrollments attained. They are hypocritical, telling you one thing and selling one dream, and deflating any hopes of advancing within the company once you get on the floor after training and the management shows its true colors. They do not provide you with copies of your annual review or any verbal/written write ups. (Verbal warnings are written and you have to sign them if you want to keep your job.) The turnover is the highest that I have ever seen, in fact it is much higher than even a fast food restaurant. Go figure. And, don't even think about calling in if your are sick and using the CPP time that you have available because that will be used against you as well. They require a 48 hour notice. There is no human that walks this earth that knows 48 hours ahead of time when he or she will be ill. And when you come to work sick, you will get in trouble if you pass out from being sick, or have to visit the restroom all day long to be sick. In fact, I think that working at this company has made many people sick from the stress and verbal abuse. And, the abuse has gone beyond verbal. The VP of Sales physically assaulted a manager a few years ago, and a manager recently assaulted one of his/her reps in the parking lot. Maybe they should go into a different business and become a correctional institution.  less
Cons
i don't have enough room
No Teamwork/Communication. Lacks Good Management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2014
I've worked as a Technical Support Rep for almost 2 years before I was wrongfully terminated due to an isolated incident. I wrote to HR about my manager writing me up TWICE in front of people. Basically humiliating me and making it seem like I wasn't doing my job. So I told HR and I guess the issue was fixed. It wasn't She held a personal vendetta on me until I made a mistake. On March 5th my internet was acting very crazy and I was getting frustrated because I needed to help my students. I told her what my issue was and she stated that she understood but she took it to HR and I was suspended and 3 days later I was terminated. I was the best Rep on my team. I went above and beyond for my team. I covered shifts and stayed when requested. I did my best and because of one mistake and a personal grudge, my income is gone. This is the second time i've been laid off or terminated because of a Personal decision and not a professional one.

I have received plenty of voicemails and e-mail showing my great work ethic and customer service skills. I was rarely embraced by management that I did such a great job but as soon as I mess up, I get all types of calls and e-mails. That's not good management. That's not how management works. I remember I sent an e-mail to my manager Feb 20th that my laptop needed to be upgraded and she never replied. I'm not even upset at being terminated....it was how I was terminated. It wasn't a professional choice.

Thank you Bisk Education for the opportunity but the Technical Support Management and Team Leadership needs a lot of work. It was not the type of
  more... environment for me. No professionalism, No teamwork and no communication.  less
Cons
no teamwork, communication, professionalism. management hold personal grudges, lack of good management and team leadership, don't go by protocol.
Challenging sales job
Certificate Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2014
Most days start with pulling new leads of possible interests in the online certificate programs offered by the selected university. This company also has another side to the building that works with online degree programs. Each of the leads will be called additional times with some messages left over a set call matrix if they are not reached. If they are reached, you will determine level of interest and do a presentation of the program that will meet their needs if possible. The day will include a lot of phone calls and messages for people you may never talk to or get back on the phone after the original conversation. The job also includes a lot emailing to prospects and current students to make sure course work is completed, answer questions and resolve any issues that come up.
The company has a lot of good quality people working for it on the floor, in support positions and team managers but has a revolving door on the certificate side of the house. The somewhat new VP has not resolved this and the company seems to be focused on just getting the sales numbers and that's all that really matters with limited employee appreciation. If you have down month, you get wrote up. If you have a few bad months, your gone and mid to upper management tends to not follow their own rules or policies.
The best part of the job for me was being able to to help working professionals in selecting the best certificate training programs that would help them in their career. It was rewarding to get calls or emails back from former students to hear of their accomplishments after taking the courses.
Pros
good health care and has 401 k plan
Cons
sales job, you must meet your numbers every month or you get wrote up.
very disappointing place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 10, 2015
They are behind the times in their systems, just to complete an application is a cumbersome ordeal for the student, it is a call center operation so you clock in and clock out like clockwork, and you are managed like a call center.It would be ok as a starter Job. not the kind a work a professional would like coming in with a lot of experience in the education field and degreed.Something to do for someone with no degree and trying to get one at least in the role of Enrollment specialist. HINT : Pre Filled application generated and all that is needed is check the disclosure boxes they have read and DOCUSIGN at the end. Money saving I idea. Don't request transcripts until student registers and pays. The app. is free there is no commitment.

Combine all your system under one CRM so we can see FAFSA steps, completed evaluation, streamlined e mailing to the student. The e mail content is weak for front end and back end.

Management OK, co workers they were great. I found that management only disclosed on a need to know. Non compete clause never mentioned until you start then they pull it out (two years). PAE never heard about until you start and going through orientation. Don't make your numbers then you are gone. Nice to know after you start. If we treated our student this way well one word "Scrutinized."
Pros
You get benefits and they are good
Cons
Hide too many things from you before you start.I regret not being in upper level mgmt, Having two masters I could fix a host of Bottlenecks
Good Envoirment
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
1. Received and made over 100 calls a day in efforts to reach prospective students.
2. Made sure each of our prospective met our enrollment guidelines.
3. Answered questions about financial aid, the enrollment process and what to expect when classes began.
4. Helped students determine which degree program best fit their specific career needs.
5. A proud member of our dedicated military team.
6. Trusted with classified information and documents such as: DD-214, 22-1995, TA Vouchers, and Certificate of Eligibility.
7. Was responsible for collecting documents a processing them during the enrollment process.
8. Responsible for helping students decide which payment option best suits their individual situation and was required to walk them through through the enrollment process.
9. Required to follow any and all VA and Department Of Education rules and guidelines at all times.
Please read this before you work at Bisk...
Enrollment Specialist - Villanova University (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2013
From someone who spend the better part of a year working there, think about it before you accept an offer at Bisk. My experience from training on to my very last day was an environment of: Do this or you are fired. It was a frequent atmosphere of fear and threatening to "Take us to HR" if we did not comply.

Even talking to your co-workers is frowned upon and a social environment is discouraged. Everything is monitored right down to time spent in the bathroom (true story) Some people might like that level of micro management... I don't. It's as close to a prison camp as I've ever seen in a job.

Pros
okay pay for a call center job.
Cons
just about everything is a con at bisk.
Welcome to slavery-zone!
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2014
First of all, HR and recruiters lie all the time. Please ignore when they tell you that " We are only hiring for the night shift". They do it because otherwise no one would work 1pm -10 pm Mon.-Friday. If you are desparatly looking for a job, take it until you find something better. There is a new hire classes almost every week, because Bisk does not invest in current employees, would rather hire new people every week. Huge turnover,dirty cubicles, micromanaged every minute of your day. Employees are seen like numbers, you have to stay on task all day long, while your managers are listening to the music and checking their Facebook pages. No career potential, if you are making money for them, you will stay on the phone forever. I am happy I don't have to work there anymore!
Pros
none! run if they want to hire you!
Cons
pay, time off, corporate culture, management -pretty much everything!!
Opportunities to change lives for the better!
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
At Bisk Education I feel important and cherished because one of my daily duties is to help individuals to change their life for the better. Advising people to take an important step toward their educational growth that may change their carer and life for the better is definitely the best advantage of working at my current position. My team is created with hard working individuals who are excellent team players and are always ready to help you, even outside of work. My manager is a wonderful leader who recognizes the value and potential of every employee and is embracing innovation in our work to reach our company’s goals. It has been a wonderful year so far, I have learned a lot and have been able to progress in my career life.
Pros
fantastic tuition assistance
Cons
not much opportunity for a career growth
Low morale provided courtesy of the management
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2012
Overall, employee complaints aren't heard...documentation is never provided for anything but write-ups which are plentiful...managers work against each other...I could go on and on. I went in with a good attitude and the best of intentions and worked hard, but when my hard work didn't pay off (financially- it has everywhere else all my life), I knew it was time to start looking around. Not only that, but employee morale is extremely low. In some cases, employees are told they're lucky they have jobs. Career pathing (moving into other departments) is discouraged, making sure phone reps stay on the phone, increasing the workload as teammates leave. People leave because they are tired of being verbally brought down all the time. Overall, it hasn't been an extremely pleasant experience to say the least.
Great learning environment
Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2013
The team here at Bisk has been doing a great job of making sure my time here allows me to interact and learn about every facet of the marketing and media operations. I work closely with the Director of Media, Jeannine Scopp and have daily tasks ranging from data entry and media buying projections to paid search and lead flow generation. I greatly enjoy and respect all the people I work with here as they are all supportive and extremely helpful when working with me or teaching me new things. I do find it difficult to keep up sometimes, as I came into a highly vendor-buyer relationship heavy environment with people who have been working here much longer. I enjoy the amount of freedom I have to complete my projects and educate myself on industry practices and information.

Want to know more about Bisk Education?

Ask a question
Terrible Experience
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2014

Even talking to your co-workers is frowned upon and a social environment is discouraged. Everything is monitored right down to time spent in the bathroom. Some people might like that level of micro management... I don't. It's as close to a prison camp as I've ever seen in a job.

If I had one good thing to say, the pay is okay even though there are no commissions. P.S. If you must take a job here because you have no other choice, stay away from the night shift. Trust me on that. –
Employees and Clients Beware
Instructional Design Team (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
Business only values marketing department although they are selling an educational product using their own homegrown learning management product. No respect for the instructional design or technology departments. Be a "yes man" to marketing or be gone.

10 years behind in their industry, resources, and business culture.

Read past 6 months reviews..whatever org change they are trying..sure ain't working.

But hey..if you are a marketing person..you will love it and get promoted for being friends with the owner (who worked in marketing all his life for his daddy's company).

Company needs a serious reality check.
Pros
Used to be the people until they fired the good ones
Cons
Poor Executive Management
Unhealthy work environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brandon FloridaDecember 14, 2011
Intimidation and fear are the management style for BISK. They have absolutely no consideration for their employees and management takes lack of professionalism to a whole new level.

I quit a much better position for an opportunity with BISK as I was hoping for something more challenging and rewarding. The only challenge at BISK was learning to deal with the low level unprofessional behavior from both staff and management. Please do your due diligence and ask a lot of questions if considering a position with BISK. There have been several others who experienced the same with BISK as I have so please take this as a warning.
Cons
the job itself is a con

Comment – July 29, 2012

The guy here is absolutely telling the truth, the internal IT Dept is run on fear and intimidation. Like in proper Bisk fashion if you are a Incompetent lazy moron, or have psycopathic mindset, you will be promoted to Director. This company's tech is redundant. They never back up their employees and are quick to throw them under the bus, already looking for someone to blame, but they do not provide any relevant training. They especially like to create new rules to write you up for so you can never leave the dept. The IT VP in charge will actually block you from leaving if you try to apply to other depts in the company. Dont ever try to request the software or hardware you need to do your job, you wont get it , and you are int the IT dept! Dont waste your time with this company, its dirty from the inside out. The Sys Admin is telling the truth, avoid this company, its a sinking ship, despite its propaganda it prints to say otherwise...

Comment – November 12, 2012

Performed a bootcamp of where not to work while at Bisk. The environmnet is as just what has been reported by the SysAdmin. After about a month, I quit, moved on before the possibility of me speaking out on the culture there. But I performed a little research and found that very few employment agencies would work with them. They would do best to promote from within to IT positions because...no one I know professionally will be will to take this kind of treatment.

Growing company, job stability
Word Processor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2013
Work consists of creating online course work such as test questions and study guides. This includes editing for preciseness. We use LME in house products to enter such information into a bank which allows students to view and take such tests. Hard copies are created from the study guides which are included in students agenda.
I have learned to use various printing systems. It has allowed me job stability during an economic crunch. Management has always been hard at work to better the department. Hardest part of the job is learning and maintaining different style info for different colleges.
Pros
job stability.
Cons
little room for growth.
It was a very goal driven place, great commission and Sales trianing.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at work, dial at least 200 CPA's a day, and returning emails, to make my daily goal,which changed every month. Very good training and coaching provided to help you reach monthly goals. The hardest part of my job was dealing with Tax season, where we aren't able to contact CPA's only Industry accountant, and still put in long days to try to make goal. My coworker were great. We were family, and had fun like family will, and went through our bad times too.
Pros
very good training and coaching and great commission and work enviroment
Cons
routating managers!
Fun yet unorganized work place with interseting administration
Lead generation rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, floridaApril 8, 2013
A typical work day was usually spent mostly on the phone with high call volumes .I learned to multi task on multi screen monitors and how to really focus and understand a clients needs and help them the best way possible in a timely manner.Managment was ok but never kept us that informed as far as our job security.The hardest part was keeping up with all the calls and most enjoyable part of the job was helping people further their education and learn about a field they were interested in
Pros
great co workers
Cons
too much micro-mangement
Depends who you work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2013
This company has a lot of potential. However, for some "potential" isn't enough. You can have a lovely experience depending on who your manager is, or you can work in a hostile enviornment. The hardest part of working here, is that you might be overqualified, brilliant and innovative, but your talents won't be exposed. If you've never worked in marketing this is a good place to start as there are various channels of marketing under one roof.
Pros
media, seo, paid search, integrated marketing under one roof.
Cons
some managers are insecure, and you can be pigeon-holed in a job.
If you know someone or you're a man, this is the place for you.
Sales (Current Employee) –  BrandonOctober 23, 2012
They have the right idea but poor judge of character. If you're a man you will go far with this company. Women are not recognized very often, especially within the FIT department. If you're not part of the in crowd, your strengths go unrecognized as well.

However, they pay for your tuition so there are good benefits. Just don't expect anything else other than that if you're female. Get your education and find a job that appreciates a strong, intelligent woman.
Pros
free education
Cons
difficult developing healthy bonds with management
Great atmosphere, but typical sales job
Student Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2015
Like a call center, i would take calls or place them and attempt to enroll as many prospect students as possible. The company states that they care about the students, but that they also have metrics and numbers to meet, which led me to conclude that they are only interested in numbers. A 3rd party organization, they did have good benefits, but i applied for the job with the belief that i would care for the student and not numbers. that changed within a year of working there.
Call center for education
ASSOCIATE EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2015
Great place to work and staff very supportive and understanding. A growing industry with Education being the main focus. Answering incoming/outgoing calls focusing on leading individuals into furthering their education for 5 hours with one 15 minute break. I definitely would recommend this job for people interested in serving others..
Pros
Tuition assistance for education
Cons
Telemarketing not my cup of tea. Its phone solicitation.