Bisk Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work with a great culture
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy working for Bisk. Its a great company on the horizon of doing even bigger things around the community. Servicing prospective students is done with up most integrity at all times,
Great certificate, certifications, and degree programs.
Academic Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
I worked for the company for 6 years. The company changed quite a bit over the period I was there. By the time I left the company was in a great place to work.
Pros
Great products.
Cons
Loved working there initially , however changes over the past year or so disappointed me
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2016
Spent 5 years there. Nice people great facility. Good benefits for full time workers. High turnover in certain divisions. Stressful
bisk
Sales/Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2016
This was a good first job however the commission structure needed to be revamped. There is very little room for advancement within the organization. Th
A toxic, stressful work environment.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2016
Good luck selling a course no one wants. I am not even sure how this company stays in business. Management are absolute jerks and they are very confrontational and aggressive.
Pros
None.
Great company to work for, the culture is excellent.
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2016
I have no complaints and only good things to say about the company. I would recommended the company to anyone who is qualified.
Enjoyable work place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I have worked for Bisk Education for 10 years. I have met a lot of great people here and Bisk and have enjoyed working for this company.
Very misleading and bordering on unethical business practices
Florida Tech Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
I was hired by a staffing company and told that I would be contacting people who had expressed interest in continuing education through online schooling. I was also promised a pay rate higher than the position actually dictated.
Once going through training and becoming a worker as an Enrollment Advisor, it became borderline harassment to people who were clearly not interested in attending school. In fact some of the people we "warm called" were either retired or deceased.
Pros
Online schooling can be a valuable way for some people to get a degree
Cons
This business was operated at a very unethical level
Great Place to Work
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2016
Over the past few years the company has changed dramatically. The President and CEO wanted to reshape the organization throughout the company. With the overall goal of exceeding customer satisfaction with both internal and external customers. The culture of the company is excellent. You can ware business casual in cluding jeans and sneakers. Of course this could change at any time. The product offered to students is top notch. I always enjoyed helping students enroll into the certificate programs. I believe strongly in the programs and felt they benefited each student.

The day to day workflow is good and challenging at the same time. Overall its a great place to work!
Run for you life
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2016
This was the worst experience I have ever had in my career. It was a complete waste of time. Go into employment here with your eyes open - hopefully on the want ads.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Recognizes Employees
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
Working at Bisk in the US New University Connection Department has been great overall. The management is understandable for taking off work for medical or school reasons. They also provide different sets of part- and full-time hours. From my understanding, in terms of the benefits, they will pay for your undergraduate degree. Also, co-workers are very energetic and motivated to see others succeed.

The drawback is the hourly pay, which is $10.00 per hour.
Pros
Management, great working atmosphere
Cons
Pay is $10.00 per hour
Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Deisgn Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2016
Nice intern job, when I got there they were figuring out a new form of working together, so it was pretty hectic. Not much talking around.
Pros
lunch break, good management
Cons
parking
Great Company
CS Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2016
Assisting students with enrollment inquiries, billing, book issues, sending orders if not received, filing claims for books not received.
Pros
Great Company and employees
Cons
Pay
Enrollment Coundelor
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2016
I spoke to prospective students about enrolling them into Florida State University. Once enrolled I would guide them through the financial aid side and pass them off to their student services adviser
student focused
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2016
A typical day of work is enrolling students. I felt the environment was very micro managed. After a year of working with the company I was not able to move into the department that I wanted. Plus they promised a raise that they never followed through with.
Pros
sit all day
Cons
cold calling
It was a constant struggle to make management happy.
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2016
My first five years were in a notoriously lower paying job with the promise that it would improve. After mastering this job they were cutting down on the people in the job making it impossible to move to a new job. Just recently they did away with the position altogether and this gave me few options. The position I was in for 3 months was better pay but offered a much higher risk of making mistakes and a 5-fold increase in pressure. I made some mistakes as a rookie but wasn't given much in the way of support, just more pressure.

I really liked making contact with the students and got a great sense of accomplishment when I was able to help them make good decisions and get their various tasks accomplished. We were encouraged to build rapport and that was one of my areas of excellence. My coworkers more than shared my feelings and I really got along well with all of them.
Pros
Cons
Even the piped in music was horrible.
call center
Assist students (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2015
Can be a fun environment. People are friendly but limited chance for advancement. Which can make things very monotonous.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no chance for advancment
Great atmosphere, but typical sales job
Student Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2015
Like a call center, i would take calls or place them and attempt to enroll as many prospect students as possible. The company states that they care about the students, but that they also have metrics and numbers to meet, which led me to conclude that they are only interested in numbers. A 3rd party organization, they did have good benefits, but i applied for the job with the belief that i would care for the student and not numbers. that changed within a year of working there.
very disappointing place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  TampaOctober 10, 2015
They are behind the times in their systems, just to complete an application is a cumbersome ordeal for the student, it is a call center operation so you clock in and clock out like clockwork, and you are managed like a call center.It would be ok as a starter Job. not the kind a work a professional would like coming in with a lot of experience in the education field and degreed.Something to do for someone with no degree and trying to get one at least in the role of Enrollment specialist. HINT : Pre Filled application generated and all that is needed is check the disclosure boxes they have read and DOCUSIGN at the end. Money saving I idea. Don't request transcripts until student registers and pays. The app. is free there is no commitment.

Combine all your system under one CRM so we can see FAFSA steps, completed evaluation, streamlined e mailing to the student. The e mail content is weak for front end and back end.

Management OK, co workers they were great. I found that management only disclosed on a need to know. Non compete clause never mentioned until you start then they pull it out (two years). PAE never heard about until you start and going through orientation. Don't make your numbers then you are gone. Nice to know after you start. If we treated our student this way well one word "Scrutinized."
Pros
You get benefits and they are good
Cons
Hide too many things from you before you start.I regret not being in upper level mgmt, Having two masters I could fix a host of Bottlenecks
Good company for entry level
Sr. Enrollment Representative - FL Tech University (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Bisk is a good company for an entry level employee. They make sure that you're properly trained and invest a good amount of time on employee development. Benefits could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bisk. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6