Where the Pen is Mightier than the Sword
OK. Bisnow looks cool but what does the Company actually do?
Bisnow is the largest provider of Commercial Real Estate news in the United States of America. We publish e-newsletters that are sent out to over a million readers across the country and host over 250 events a year where industry leaders are invited to speak on panels about the hottest topics in their local market. Our cash flow has three components: advertising within our newsletters, sponsorship opportunities at our events and of course, ticket sales.
Sounds great, why would I want to work at Bisnow?
You may or may not want to work at Bisnow. Do you enjoy working 9 – 5 and look forward to your two weeks of vacation each year? If so, this is not the place for you. If you love working hard, taking on new challenges, learning something new on a daily basis and are not afraid of failing so that you can learn from your mistakes, well, you might as well not bother applying anywhere else. Bisnow invests in driven, hardworking, and self-motivated employees who are hungry to learn. We are always learning new business strategies, new selling strategies and new marketing strategies to advance our own skillsets and to bring different opinions to the table.
We also believe in fun. Work hard. Play hard. Right? Our employees around the US are working around ping pong tables, sitting on inflatable exercise balls, caring for the office mascots, and working in “The HR Room” with a few couches, a TV and a fridge stocked with beers. At Bisnow, work and life are easily integrated because we love what we do. If you are a competitive, yet inspirational, individual looking to work with others that fit this description and want to invest your career in a start up company that is fun, quickly growing, provides opportunity for promotion, pays for results and is willing to invest in growing your skillset – well done, you found us. Our primary objective is to hire intelligent, fun, hard-working people who add to our already exciting and thriving culture.
The Day to Day (“Responsibilities”):
- To be the all access pass into dominating the CRE industry in San Francisco.
- Working a beat, traveling around the city, covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the CRE industry (keeping the Bisnow “fun, snappy and informative” style).
- To deliver ground breaking and top news in a fun manner. This means turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
Tools You Already Have (“Qualifications”):
- Super awesome writing and editorial skills.
- Curious attitude towards how we can improve as a team on a daily basis.
- Highly detail and of course deadline orientated.
- Positive and fun attitude towards life, work and everything in between.
- Live in/near San Francisco and be able to travel between point A, B and C.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Prove it.
Send your resume but don’t send a cover letter. Instead, send us a one hundred word summary on why we should reach out to you.
Visit www.bisnow.com/careers.php for additional locations and opportunities.
Due to the volume of applications we are fortunate to humbly receive, we are only able to reach out to some candidates. We will send you an email or contact you via phone if we believe there may be a suitable fit. A sincere thank you for your interest in our Company.