Bitcasa Employee Review

Fast Moving Start-Up & Extremely Fun Environment
I'm a Bitcasan (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 13, 2013
We're changing the way people think about storing their data. We're an early stage start-up that works hard on solving new problems everyday. New technologies = New challenges. We pay for lunch every day and dinner when needed and we have endless snacks and beverages, and do monthly team outings.
Pros
lot's of food including free lunches, fully stocked double door drink fridge, monthly team outings, fun work environment including foosball, chess, and a 60 game arcade mame.
Cons
work can be stressful at times, but what start-up isn't.

Other Bitcasa Employee Reviews

"Great place to work. Challenging problems. Nicest group of people."
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 26, 2016
Lots of challenging stuff to work on (mobile, desktop apps, backend infrastructure, web frontend, analytics...).
Given the small size of the company, employees can make a large impact really quick.
Fun casual social activities: coffee walks, running team, ping pong, Friday breakfast cooking...
Pros
Really nice and smart people to work with. Nice benefits package and perks.
Cons
My commute was bad, but that is relative to where you live.
Fun company, needs help with Engineering Management
small cog (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 29, 2016
Bitcasa started 2014 without a VP of Engineering and the company never quite recovered. Without strong technical leadership and a clear understanding of the technical challenges that needed to be resolved, developers were just left to work things out on their own, on their own timeline. Deadlines were not met, and there were deep conflicts about how major technical design issues should be handled.
When hiring mistakes were made, they were allowed to drag the entire team down for over a year in all cases, when they should have been resolved in weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bitcasa. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7