Bite Squad Employee Reviews

They will use you
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2017
Bite Squad takes 40% of your tips and a dollar for each delivery. It is completely unfair. The management is awful .I don't know how they hire managers but they probably need to rethink it.
Decent Job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2017
The average day is just picking up orders and taking them to people's house or office. There are currently plenty of hours to be had in this area. I have worked thirty minutes or more over for most of my shifts. The distances can be tough sometimes. In general, the customers are friendly. If you are anti-social, this could still be an excellent job. Most of the job is spent alone in the car. Everything is done from an app, so as long as you are inside the delivery area you can clock in and wait for an order. Some days you will get one right away and other times you will have to wait. My only real complaint is that there isn't a better training system. Just an hour or two of explaining would have been really helpful. Marking days that you are unavailable is fairly easy and I haven't had any issues getting the time off that I need. Some of the restaurants seem to dislike using the service and refuse to confirm the orders as you pick them up. Overall, I am happy with this job.
Pros
Friendly customers, listen to my music, flexible scheduling
Cons
Long distances, no real training(though not much is needed)
Quick, Easy, Adaptive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2017
A typical day involves picking up and delivering orders. This can be fun to interact with people if you are the type who enjoys that, although, it can also be isolating and impersonal sometimes. You get a lot of exposure to various places you pick up food. You get the opportunity to know places through the context of being a delivery driver.

It can be quite mindless, monotonous. and require only basic order following attentiveness, though it too can be a challenging energetic job, particularly I found in the winter (be it I chose cold exposure for adaptive benefits which strengthens vigor in time). Warmer weather environments are more lax.

It can be stressful working with traffic and the rigid frequency of the grid. Having ways to manage and relieve this stress is important.

The hardest part of the job is remaining attentive and comfortable, even with being uncomfortable. It is possible to be comfortable in uncomfortable circumstances.

What I enjoyed most was thoughtfully inspiring myself to bestow customers with some spontaneous intuitive amusement. This and the space of time to think and reflect. It's also choice being able to select ones hours of availability. Work when you want within a submitted time table and management will staff you generally within and around those perimeters.

I found that management will respect your needs and request with rightful respect to them. Problems may arise, and communicating to keep dispatch informed is key to alleviate and ease emergent situations as they may arise, for example: needing gas, needing a break, needing cut
  more... off at a certain time in advance, feeling sick, etc.
Don't hesitate to address and assert your needs, but be mindful of circumstances. Have common sense. Be respectful, considerate, and kind when able.
Pros
Relatively easy, flexible choice of hours, abundant overtime availability, exposure to locations
Cons
Somewhat stressful, boring, challenging to remain novel and engaging, lack of benefits
college student job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 14, 2017
hourly pay rate is way to low. They pay you like you are a waiter or waitress and your not your a driver.
there should be an hourly rate above 3.50 and hour that's ridiculous.
Minimum wage plus tips and this would be a decent job.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
low pay
After Dominos this is paradise
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MinnesotaJune 30, 2017
I was at Dominos where management made the job horrible and some employees were too, and I was stressed. This job is awesome by comparison. No drama with coworkers. Pay decent. They seem to always need your help. Fun going to mansions and nice apt buildings. Ethnic food and different cultures to interact with. You check in and out from phone only. Some dispatch can be difficult but it depends on who u get. Managers decent.
Pros
Money. Easy to deal with the people.
Cons
Tech problems with app and gps, That's frustrating, Dispatch sometimes makes errors and restaurant can also mess up.
Basic job similar to Uber or Door Dash but pays hourly, but no minimum hours
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 22, 2017
This job will only allow you to make a profit if you get to drive a Bite Squad car, if you drive your own prepare to use a lot of gas/wear and tear on your vehicle.
Pros
Set your own schedule, paid hourly, drive a company vehicle (Clean driving record only), minimal contact with people
Cons
spending a lot of time in your car, hours are erratic, only slightly better then other delivering app companies.
Loved this job!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2017
I loved working here because my office was my car and my manager was really cool. Clock in and out from phone anywhere in the city, never check in a office unless instructed to do so.
All around bad company to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2017
As many others have said, the pay sucks, he transparency on how you get paid sucks, the dispatchers are rude and disrespectful and management is non existent. Do not believe anything they tell you about what you will make and don't expect to have a predictable schedule. Do yourself a favor and just get a job waiting tables. Don't bother with these clowns.
Cons
Too many to list
Easy job taking you all over the city
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 10, 2017
In a typical day, you'll start around 10:30 to 11 am. Receiving anywhere between 2 to 8 orders depending on the length of your shift. The end times of shifts depends on how many customer orders the company is receiving that day. Early or late cuts are not every day, but neither are they uncommon.
I learned a lot about restaurant locations, types of foods, traffic conditions and city layouts.
The management is great.
The hardest part of the job is the picking up and dropping of orders consistently on time.
The most enjoyable part is the opportunity to meet some really great people.
Pros
People, flexible schedule, mobile office, ease of job
Cons
Simplicity of position, the need for flexiblity in your schedule, lack of opportunity within company
Terrible place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2017
The job is simple and easy enough issues with the job:
1) Really low pay 5.50 the hour (between tips and everything expect to only make about 10 an hour)
2) Bad tips
3) Long driving distances to deliver at times small orders
4) Dispatchers and Managers do not show much interest or concern in how far drivers are forced to drive.
5) Give you very little hours
6) I requested to be full-time and on avg was only given about 60 hours every paycheck, also that was only by the end. At first was given about or less than 20 hours a week.
Pros
Simple job
Cons
Excessive driving for little pay
Productive fun work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 15, 2017
Productive fun workplace this is a very easy job and anybody can do it i made good money working there and would have continued working there had it had better management.
Review
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 6, 2017
Great workers as well as Gainesville ,FL management. Lack of communication in the dispatch department though. With that being said i would recommend this employer to a friend.
Pros
Coworkers and Gainesville, FL managment
Cons
Dispatch
The worst resteraunt company out there!!!!!
Independent Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2017
BS is a joke they garantee you $12 a hr but the base pay is $5, what a joke, you will see after working long enough your tips pays your wages... They go everywhere in your city so I hope you don't have a newer car the miles put on your car is outrageous... I worked there one month and put upwards of 5000 miles on my car. I worked for Grub Hub and Postmates did them both at same time some day's and I didn't put that many miles in 6m working for both those companies
Pros
Great Bags
Cons
To many miles on car, Little Compensation
Long Term Employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2017
I love working here, successful thru my 90 day probation period and wage increases were as promised. I've only had a couple issues and they were fixed right away. The managers really care and go out of there way to make sure we're happy.
Pros
Flexible hours, tons of growth potential, new employee lounge with foosball table!
Cons
Only concerns I've had, mgmt has taken care of immediately.
They lie about their pay scale.
Independent Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2017
I worked for Bitesquad in Nashville.When they bought out doorstep delivery we were told the rate of pay would be a minimum of 13.40 an hour plus delivery fee. All lies, you make the same as bitesquad drivers make, who drive the company cars.Don't be an independent driver you will only make about 9 dollars an hour after expenses.Just drive their car and make 12 an hour that is your best bet.
Pros
your schedule
Cons
They lie about the pay.
Food Runner
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2017
Independent drive qualification. Easy hours. Mainly by yourself. Able to listen to your music and able to use your phone when on the job. Pick up orders in a set time.
Little micromanagement poor communication
Market Manger (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Just poor communication and changing polices made doing thing correctly hard to do. The people were very nice, but they didn't seem open to hearing any new ideas or advice about how to function in new markets.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
poor communication
Work at Bite Squad at your own risk
Independent Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2017
So far, (B)ite (S)quad is a horrible company and the things they advertise on their websites are absolute lies. First of all, you won't get $25 an hour, you'll get $8.25 an hour plus "tips" which 40% goes to dispatch who won't cut you on time and keep you for hours after your shift is supposed to end without paying Overtime and the reimbursement for delivery is only $1 after you drive on a 35mile round trip to deliver food and worst of all is the new management who won't grant you sick leave and is generally terrible at managing. At the rate BS is going, they'll be eaten up my a better company with more benefits
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Dispatch won't cut you on time, Driver reimbursement and pay sucks, Management is terrible and dispatch is horrible
Easy job. Can't complain
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2017
The job is exceedingly simple and you can manage your own schedule. The downside is when you're on for a shift it can be difficult to predict when it will end.
Good Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I would have liked it if there was more attention to upkeep of cars, considering you had to drive your own but I understand that that's a little unrealistic to expect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bite Squad. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9