We are a medium size Houston based oilfield equipment research and manufacture company. This is an opportunity to join a small, growing company where creativity and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Work environment is not burdened with excessive bureaucracy and non-productive objectives. We are achieving breathroughs in many areas of downhole technology as it relates to our customers’ needs. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
We are currently seeking hard working dedicated candidates for electronics production and R&D process.
Duties / Essential Functions:
- Must have excellent soldering and prototype circuit assembly skills using PTH and SMT components
- Assemble and test prototype circuits and tool subassemblies according to engineering instructions, manuals, and procedures using knowledge of electrical systems and components
- Assist engineer with development of test methods and help simplify tool assembly and maintenance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- High School+ Diploma and 2+ years associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology required
- 3-5 years working in a technician capacity or through an Associate’s Degree (or equivalent) plus 2+ years technician experience in a related, preferably in design and test of downhole oilwell drilling/logging instruments
- Knowledge and proficiency with hand tools, electronic test equipment and computer diagnostic programs
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems