BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Fun working enviroment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Opening the line including prep and working lunch shift occasionally running a dinner shift. Some of the management was good others were a little power hungry. Hardest part was servers talking to line cooks asking for stuff rather then management. Most enjoyable was prep.
Unfriendly work environment/favoritism
Server (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed that it was a fast paced restaurant, unfortunately it seemed no matter how hard I worked or how many hours I put in it just never seemed to be enough which caused me to become discouraged.
Pros
50% discount on employee entrees
Cons
Poor management and lack of employee appreciation..
Poor Everything
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 17, 2017
From the workers, to the management, to the owners; you will find something to complain about with this job. You have workers that drink on the job, management that never helps or doesn't even know the menu and owners that don't even know what's going on in their kitchen.
Great
Host (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2017
Great Place. Not stressful at all , everyone was pretty nice and you could make great tips there on the weekends. Hours are really flexible able to pick up and drop shifts easily.
Fast pace and fun place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
I would always stay busy which made time go by fast. Learned how to carry a tray full of dirty cups at this location. I also learned how to change the beer kegs when needed changes.
Productive and competitive
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working for bjs, the people we a delight ANF management staff were always amazing. A really wonderful place to work. So accommodating and manager challenged you in a wonderful way to be the best you can be. Sad I had to leave.
fast paced
Chef (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 12, 2017
great food. Fun helpful staff . learned organization and time management skills. Very busy during the weekend but they give plenty of overtime. Flexible work schedules
Loved it there; too much drama and management sucked (kinda)
Hostess/Hospitality Lead (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 11, 2017
Summary says it all; loved working there. Drama was too much and all people cared about. Management: loved 3 out of the 5 managers we have. No communication at all; chaos. Caused anxiety and too much stress for a restaurant. But I would go back if I had the chance
Productive, good pace, and enjoyable
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Stay on top of tasks, keep a smile on your face and be calm and let every guest know they are in good hands. Only wear white or black shirts, not showing too much, black pants, and comfortable shoes because you will be walking a lot.
Pros
Can take one meal home after every shift
Cons
Not everyone is so nice
it ok
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 9, 2017
It's not very stable, difficult to move up, half the management is pretty useless, half the kitchen staff is rotating every half month and the other half has been there for years
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No real breaks
Quick paced and fun staff, yet bad management and environment
Host/Greeter/Food Runner/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 9, 2017
This job seemed very nice and enjoyable at first then it starts to take more and more out of you and really just uses you up and doesn't give you much in return. Especially considering how much they make you do when you're trying to complete the position you were given already. The management there is plain awful they never really seem to care about your issues or obstacles they only care if it affects them and their business, it comes off as disrespectful. However there is one manager who is a very upstanding and genuinely nice person who I think cared equally of his staff and business. As well as was able to understand and help me through situations I was having in my life that was affecting my availability for work, it makes me have a lot of respect for him.
Pros
Some fun and enjoyable staff, fast paced and adaptable
Cons
Horrible management, unhealthy environment
Hardwork goes unnoticed
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 8, 2017
I worked at this location for several months and the most apparent of things was the people that lacked teamwork or great work ethic received credit for everything due to managerial relationships or bullcrap algorithms. Either way if you want to work here just strictly smile and do no work and you will be noticed. That is how you will suceed in columbia
Pros
i enjoyed my coworkers
Cons
no smoke breaks, treated like children
Somewhere to start if you'd like to aim higher
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at BJ's as a hostess, there were always people to talk to and keep your mind off the clock. And as a hostess or BOH employee, you were always guaranteed a free meal which is great since the cheapest place is around $10. The managers were always great to talk to and build that relationship and were willing to help out whenever they could.
Pros
Free meals and great atmoshpere
Cons
Not enough hours
Great coworkers, poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VASeptember 7, 2017
Overall management was sloppy. The scheduling was bad, multiple shifts for consecutive days. The task that were given sometimes were out of the job description. Lack of leadership and management knowledge.
unfair and clicks with management
Server (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2017
horrible place never acknowledged your accomplishments and was hard to be part of a team when you are not part of the click. I learned nothing new. the hardest part of the job was actually just getting there and dealing with the nonsense
flexible scheduling
Server (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 6, 2017
I liked working here because of the staff and flexibility on scheduling. It was busy for the most part. Only time I had trouble getting shifts is when it was overstaffed when first hiring. Discounted or free food was a plus especially when it was slow. Managers were always there to help. On a busy night it was hard to find one of two to help void/comp items.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
healthcare
Fine restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 5, 2017
The Brewhouse provided a relaxed environment in which people could fulfill their obligations and still go home to a full family life. It helped me get to where I wanted to be in to where I am today.
great place
Server/Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CASeptember 1, 2017
They were great; management was kind and helpful, my staff was all people of love and kindness, I picked up shifts if it was slow, and I enjoyed basically every day there. Great place at the BJ's in Laguna.
Pros
pay, management is awesome, good food
Cons
one manager wasnt as kind and a little passive agressive.
Productive and fun workplace with many opportunities to move up.
Server (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92589August 31, 2017
There is always something for you to do whether your dealing with customers face to face, answering phones and answering questions, handling and packaging food, running food to tables, etc. I really enjoy the environment and all of my co workers and management.
Unsupportaive with unrealistic paths towards growth
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAAugust 30, 2017
Long hours that require you to work from home. Minimal managers forcing you to work alone. Kitchen support is minimal and managers have be taken away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval