BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Great team, great atmosphere!
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2016
BJ's makes sure that they treat both the guests and the employees with respect and gratitude. The management staff is extremely supportive, and always helpful. Money is good as well.
hi
Prep Cook and Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 7, 2016
its a nice placs to work they treat uyou like family and and manger are nice i leaned at from here about food and how prep and cook better than before my co worker all love me I'm a fun person to work with and be around
Fast-paced job with lots of cool people
Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 6, 2016
Fast paced job, get to meet lots of new people everyday. Important to excel in good customer service and be able to multitask. Must be a people-person
Great team , I am deaf mother, grandmother and had enjoyed at worker
Poster and silverware roller (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ohio13,00December 5, 2016
I would like to get new partime job for looking tags and stocks in office or wharehouse and packing in stuff in mail or make boxes in machine . I learn how to type iPads with touch screen
Pros
I need break time that I am tired silverware roller in 20 years
Cons
It does not matter
Do Not Start As A Dishwasher If You Expect To Advance
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 3, 2016
Worked here more than 3 months and saw multiple employees hired after me advance before me. If you're recognized as a solid backbone in your position, you will NOT advance to other positions. If you're just looking for easy cash being lazy and inefficient, BJ's is for you. If you speak English only, you will be forced to deal with a communication barrier as the veteran dishwasher there refuses to try to speak English and management is fine with that.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Manangment has terrible scheduling habits, Employees are tepid, Management will band together to defend the follies of one manager, thus preventing progress
Childish mangers
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 1, 2016
The people I worked with were really nice and cool. The work was decent and the pay was great. How ever the managers suck. Childish, they suck at communication,asking them for anything they give you attitude as if they're annoyed you're asking them to do THEIR job.
Fast paced, fun environment
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 30, 2016
I am pleased with my position and opportunities awarded through my employment. I feel that there is a lot of favoritism and drama at my store that creates uncomfortable and hostile work environment some days.
Pros
Free meals, competitive wages, benefits
Cons
favoritism drama harrassment
nice environment to work around
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CANovember 29, 2016
while working at BJs I had some of the best managers and coworkers. We all worked together to make excellent service happen.
Pros
50% off food, chill work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Very enjoyable place to work
Dishwasher, Busser (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 26, 2016
The greatest part of this place has got to be the managers. They are very warm, fun and responsible people. I genuinely enjoy working for them. The schedule for some jobs can be a bit unfortunate. 90% of your coworkers are fun easy, to work with and really care about the restaurant and workers. I would recommend working here if you can handle the wonky scheduling. Its definitely not the worst but it can be painful at times. But the great part is that the managers totally understand how you feel and will 9 times out of ten try to help you out.
Pros
great food, great environment, fun people
Cons
weird scheduling
Great food and people
Bartender / Server (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 15, 2016
I love working here, the people and atmosphere is wonderful.
A typical day at work i interact with many different people and get to help them pick what to eat. The management is fun to work with as well.
Pros
great food
Cons
money fluctuates to much
Best Restaurant Job I've Experienced.
Server, Bartender, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 15, 2016
Even though I worked here for 3.5 years, I still eat at the restaurant all of the time. The managers treat their employees like family and seem to honestly care about their well being. The hardest part of the job is staying positive while trying to keep your guests happy. The best part of the job is how much money you can potentially make.
Employees don't feel valued or heard
Take-Out Cashier/Front of house Trainer/Foodrunner (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 14, 2016
The managers at this store have a really bad habit of playing favorites and not fairly holding everyone accountable for their actions. Managers don't act like they care about the well being of their employees and often make people work when they're sick. Overall I think this place needs a lot of reform and improvements. There is so many things that are not right about working for this restaurant it is hard to put it all in words.
Its a fun and very productive work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 12, 2016
In my experiences as both a customer and employee at BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse have been great. The food is amazing and presentation is beautiful. The company is also great.
its good
Dishwasher / Pizza & Pasta Cook (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 10, 2016
The work place is great, staff are super friendly and is well controlled by great leadership. working there is like being around family. the food is great
great
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 5, 2016
great place to work at with an amazing crew in the kitchen that always are pushing out food. also the management is wonderful and polite. food is good and beer is better!
Hectic Work Environment
HOSTESS AND TAKE OUT/DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 2, 2016
A typical work day ranged from 4 to 8 hours of greeting guests, taking them to tables, or during a busy day, putting them on the wait list. As a hostess this can go smoothly or you may get people who get mad at you when you tell them your restaurant is very busy so the wait time will be much longer than they want to. As the front line, you have to take a lot of abuse sometimes because no one likes to wait to get fed. I learned a lot about how to communicate with people and about conflict resolutions, especially when we had large parties walk in expecting to be accommodated and a full reservation list. It required a lot of quick thinking while still doing justice to guests already waiting for tables. Management was also very involved in helping us as best they could and often pitched in to help run food, greet guests, and anything else when it got very busy. If nothing else, I was blessed to have worked under a fantastic general manager at this location. The hardest part of the job is obviously putting guests on the wait because you have to know which tables are closest to getting up and how busy the kitchen is, its a large team effort and involved a lot of communication and sometimes people are not dependable The most enjoyable part of my job was getting those moments right, when the large walk in party was sat as quickly as could be and the wait list did not suffer as a result and no one got angry, those days really felt like huge accomplishments. This restaurant chain really makes it feel like you are a team so you become close to your co-workers and the atmosphere is usually  more... great. However, if you become really good at what you do, expect to be called to come in a lot because this job will burn some people out fast and make them less likely to show up or call in sick. There were a lot of days off when I ended up being called in when I could be out doing plans. Now of course, you can say you can't come in but the benefits to these calls is that when they know you are dependable they will notice and you will get a raise for it, or an award. This company is great.  less
Pros
Free meals as a hostess, overtime compensation, promotions, healthcare options
Cons
short breaks, hectic, loud
Fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2016
A typical work day would be at my station making orders as they came in. Learned how to cook and use a fryer. The kitchen managers were always understanding but talked down on their employees. The co-workers were the best art of the job, made my shift go faster. The hardest part of the had to be during a rush and having over 20 orders at once with no help.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
comfortable work enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78257October 26, 2016
managers work with your schedule, it can be high paced. best to work Friday and Saturday nights in my opinion. if you focus on memorizing the menu and daily specials, there is very little to worry about. the co-workers work as a team and the managers are usually easy to find even during busy shifts.
Cons
healthcare is limited to an amount of people
Cool place to work
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 20, 2016
It is a great place to work while you're in school, I did enjoy working there with the people that I did, everyone made it fun and a cool experience for me
Fast paced work with little down time.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2016
On a typical day at work you only get your one break to relax. This particular restaurant makes its own beer. Also, there are only two locations in Orlando which is why they are always so busy. I did learn a few tricks in the kitchen that i still apply in my kitchen at home. As far as management and employees go, everybody got along pretty well. The hardest part of the job was having to work that station alone at times because of people being late or calling in to work. The best part about it were the skills i obtained with prep and the pay was very fair.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.