BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Super fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sunset Valley, TXJune 25, 2017
Relaxed place to work easy first job. Pretty busy restaurant.Management is very understanding about any availability. Use the hotschedules app for scheduling which makes it super simple.
Management inst antiquate for the job
Server (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 24, 2017
The entire time i've worked at Bjs i've seen injustice after injustice , management miss-using their power and the system in which how employees are paid.
Pros
money on the weekends only
Cons
no breaks, rude management, dont abide by your schedule, only care about themselves
Hospitality Leader (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 24, 2017
Always be on time to work, the current actual managers are great people. The hardest part of the job is the people you work with unless they are doing their job as well as you. I learned a lot of leadership from my current GM.
Pros
free food
Cons
not everything gets fixed
I usually don't like going to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 23, 2017
The managers are good guys, but they are really unorganized. We have four guy managers total and they don't communicate with one another. I feel like they choose favorites in the work place.
Pros
Free lunches if you're a host, you usually always get time off requests approved because of how many employees they have
Cons
Sometimes you don't get a break if it's too busy
BJ's review
Server (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 22, 2017
Excellent Management and Great co workers. Really good communication between FOH and BOH which allowed for fast service and problem solving. It was easy to suggest new items to guests and make them feel comfortable and important.
Cons
client tell not what i was expecting
Minimal management involvement. Not a fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 22, 2017
Decent pay, very few hours. Management doesn't really care about the employees that don't work as cooks. Typical workday was relatively easy, but you are tasked with cleaning the entire kitchen with one other person after close. You close at either 11 or 12, and customers leave when they want, so sometimes we didn't leave until 1:30AM-2:30AM. No consistency with work schedule at all, and for some reason only one employee was given all of the morning dish shifts. If you have other options, take them.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
everything else pretty much
Quick paced restaurant
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAJune 21, 2017
You will be thrown into a quick paced restaurant unlike anything else. You will not have training sufficient enough for the speed the restaurant will offer
Pros
Benefits and discount and great staff
Cons
Fast-paced job ideal for part-time
Certified Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 21, 2017
I tried to advance within the company, unfortunately, management only promises promotions and they do not follow through. The staff there is very money oriented and it's a cut-throat environment when it comes to tips.
Pros
free lunch at times
Loved my management
Regional Trainer/ Shift Leader/ Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAJune 21, 2017
There are definitely opportunities to move up, it just depends on which location you are at. I loved my management at all of the locations that I've worked at, they're all very understanding and I will definitely work for them if they did have one close to me.
Pretty fun place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
I always enjoyed coming into work, I loved my managers and everyone always had a smiling face when you entered work.
The expectations of a server there were a little unnecessary and made you feel a little anxious about being there in front of real people, but we always managed to have a phenomenal time.
Bjs
Hostess, Takeout, Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CA 95687June 20, 2017
Within a year of employment with BJs, I was promoted 3 times and I learned a lot. Management encouraged us to grow and learn from each other, while still ensuring our job duties were handled. I worked hard and was rewarded properly by getting moved up!
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
Not enough hours to survive at pay rate
something different everyday
Busser, Food Runner, Server (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 19, 2017
very boring place to work, did not like working there. im glad im out of there and do no thave to go back every again. found a much better job elsewhere.
great beer and good people
server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2017
I loved working for this company. it was great for a long time I slowly over time watched the food go from hardly using microwaves to a lot more use of them and little advertising to more advertising that I ever thought possible.
Pros
great training program
Cons
yuor schedule depends in surveys
Fast paced, potential to make good money, inconsistent hours
Hostess, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 17, 2017
A lot of running around, must be detail oriented and ready to work hard or on slow days, not work at all and take unforeseen pay cuts. Difficult to be promoted.
Pros
50% off lunches, scheduling system
Cons
Favoritism with management
Great Work Culture and Exposure to All Departments
Field Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work begins with answering emails and fulfilling orders from all of our restaurants nation wide. Mondays tend to be busy since that is the days we ship all required or requested materials to the restaurants. I complete requests for sponsorships, ads, and fundraisers as well. I began my career with BJ's in the restaurant and promoted my way up to our corporate office. The management team that guided me through the process was amazing, and I can still reach out to them now for assistance as well as provide them the necessary tools to promote their local restaurant programs. We have a culture club within the corporate office and they are nothing short of amazing. We have a monthly hosted happy hour from each department, we receive gifts for every holiday including glassware, six packs of beer (our beer), branded blankets for Christmas, and that's only to name a few. The hardest part of my job personally was prioritizing tasks. Some days there was a steady work load, and others would get a bit hectic when our CMO needs information in a short amount of time. What I enjoy most is being able to assist all of our restaurants nationwide with local restaurant marketing and help provide a better guest experience every day.
Pros
$300 quarterly allowance to BJ's Restaurants
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Hard work doesn't pay
General Manager & Shareholder (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 16, 2017
If you want to work for a company that will eventually suck the life out of you, then work for BJ's! Long hours and a win at all costs corporate mentality eventually will cause you to hate both your job and the company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, cut throat atmosphere
Great Place to work
CHef/ Prep (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 16, 2017
Out of all the jobs, BJ's is one of the best.
The leaders are great, the people are team players. Don't be lazy here!!!!

Lots of fun and hard work.

If you are passionate about food and the culinary arts. This would be a great beginning.
Pros
advancement, great people
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 16, 2017
It's a fun place to work there the people are amazing to work with the manager are cool I could say I'll respect them even my GM Perdo it to a minute to like him but in the end I came to llke him
Very eye opening
Hostess and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TX 77584June 15, 2017
When I was employed at this restaurant the manager was very racist which made my job after a period of time become hard , he prompted several advances towards me and it overall made me uncomfortable. But before the horrible storm working here was a very good experience as my first restaurant job I appreciated it a lot and I had no problem with any of my co-workers.
Great food and drinks
Server/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33625June 15, 2017
Fun place to work with ever changing food menu, but in the right direction with food, not like some other chains who sacrifice quality to get people in the seats.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval