BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse Employer Reviews

Fun Fine Dining Environment
SERVER (Current Employee), Downey, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enjoy great food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is very sociable atmosphere with guests and coworkers. fast paced. multi tasking. loud at times in a friendly way.
Brewhouse experience
Hostess (Current Employee), Vacaville, CASeptember 8, 2014
In a typical day at Bj's we can seat around one thousand people on a busy weekend evening. I can expect to encounter just about anything. I greet or seat customers with a smile, depending on my position for that day. I answer phones and direct calls as well as take names for call ahead seating. One particular position that is more difficult than the – more... rest is coordinating. This requires attention to detail, knowledge of the wait staff's ability, customer service, organization as well as being able to perform under stress. I love my job, I walk in and out with a smile on my face every day, I just wish I could have full time and consistent hours. – less
Best
Hostess, Server, Nationally certified trainer (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 17, 2014
Working for BJ's had prepared me for my other jobs I would end up having after.
Overall a satisfactory place to work
Server (Current Employee), San RafaelJuly 17, 2014
A seemingly typical restaurant to work at, with high demand from guests, and managers. A fast paced environment, with constant work to be done.
Friendly atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2014
• Provide excellent customer service while individualizing the guest experience
• Complete opening and closing duties required for the shift
• Learned how to manage conflict with guests
• Team environment where everyone helps everyone
• Difficult to deal with angry guests
• Fun atmosphere
Fun and exciting environment
Server and Staff Trainer (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAJune 21, 2014
Learned to balance multiple tasks and guest expectations in a busy environment.
Management was descent, yet there were times when they were over bearing.
Hardest part of the job was the constant corporate demands.
Productive, fast paced job.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), DublinJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good co-workers.
Cons: long, irregular hours.
I learned how to work in a very fast paced, high energy environment and be a part of a large team.
Not a good palce to work
Server (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 15, 2014
Management and customers are extremely difficult. corporate business that does not value their employees.
Slow and Horrible place to work at
Take-Out/Hostess/Food Runner (Former Employee), Sunset Valley, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: free food for everyone except servers
Cons: management, cleanliness, staff members, cattiness, favorites are chosen
The management is very favor friendly but if you get on a bad side, be prepared to hate your job. Although I do understand that people who have worked there for years so get a sort of seniority, there are far too many people for that therefore you can kiss all the good sections goodbye if you are just applying.
Bjs is a fun place to work but some of the managers are kind of mean.
DMO (Former Employee), LouisianaApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of the job was doing everything by myself at the same time i enjoyed it because it was a challenge.
Friendly and productive work environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Doral, FLApril 4, 2014
Management is great! I enjoy my time working here because all the employees and guests are friendly, plus I strive to be a team player. I've learned time management skills and the fundamentals the majority of the FOH positions.
Revelation
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMarch 25, 2014
This was the first job I ever had and I did not realize how difficult having a job would be, especially when your first job is in a brand new restaurant and you spend most of your shift knee deep in dishes. It took me a while to get used to work like that and management was not very patient with me.
Busy, fast paced environment with guests constantly entering restaurant.
Server (Current Employee), West Covina, CAMarch 20, 2014
This job gives me the ability to excel my communication skills while getting insight to the way a business is ran. We work as a team to accomplish goals and give the best customer service possible. Hospitality is one of our main focuses and this makes the job enjoyable because we are forced to be ourselves in order to make guests feel comfortable.
stressful work environment
server/waitress (Current Employee), Dublin, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: inconsistent hours and business. not much room for advance placement.
A typical day at work all depends on the day of the week and who is managing. I've learned that the managers that are newer to the management staff tend to be left behind to cover the shifts that should be easy to handle with minimum staff. I have realized that we run short of product majority of the time, weather that be food, take out boxes, coaster – more... or cheese and pepper shakers. My co-workers for the most part get along, but don't really have a team effort in helping each other out like with stocking materials needed through out the restaurant. some of them can call out with any notice or hassle like some do. the hardest part of my job, is working hard and not having any room for promotion, or not getting recognized for it. the inconsistency of business, some nights are slow and some are busy, you can either hit or miss in making good tips at the end of the night. the most enjoyable part, when tables recognize your hard work and tip politely allowing you to walk out at the end of the night with a good nights work of tips. – less
Beer, Food, and People
Server (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: environment, food
Cons: no gratuide
People come and enjoy the amazing selections of beers, as well as the delicious foods. That combination makes for great customers. Loved the environment. Learned to be more truthful with the guest is better in the long run instead of trying to earn a few bucks now. Every job will have great co-workers as well as managers and every job will have some – more... bad ones. The rough part of the day is working along side co-workers who don't care to help. To see them take advantage of your extra work is upsetting. Not to mention customers with attitudes no matter where you stand, its hard gettting over a bad guest. But the one guest that you bring joy to and they recognize it is what makes the job worth it. – less
Decent job
Server/Trainer (Current Employee), San Mateo, CANovember 16, 2013
Good job to work for as a college student because of flexible schedule. High turnover rate, not necessarily a long term position. Management is come and go as well not really a dependable job.
Fast paced work place
Line Cook, Take Out, Finished Beer Specialist (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 30, 2013
I enjoyed being pushed to the limits of quickness and quality.
Fun place to work, very corporate.
Server/Bartender, Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: made lots of money, friendly staff
Cons: lots of changes on a consistant basis
I worked at BJ's for 4 years and it was a great place to work. The company is constantly growing, which gives lots of opportunities in management. You have the ability to make a lot of money hear. Very fast paced restaurant with a large menu.
Fun working staff
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: discounted meals.
Cons: not enough time in the day to enjoy here.
Working at BJ's you will work with a terrific group of enthusiastic individuals. The best part of the job was the people interaction and meeting new people.
Generally a good place to work
Dish washer/kitchen helper (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: not able to get full time
As a dish washer and kitchen helper the work was moderately easy to accomplish and finish as assigned Co-workers were easy to get a long with and did their work as assigned.

About BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

The Windy City inspires the food and drink at BJ's. BJ's Restaurants owns and operates more than 110 restaurants in California – Read more