BJ's Restaurants

BJ's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Productive and fun enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Management was approachable and understanding. Co-workers made the environment fun and welcoming. Overall busy but runs smooth. Overall it is a great place to work.
Cons
hours
Work Day
server (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 23, 2016
Fast paced, Fun productive family orriented atmosphere. Great management, very accomidating for school reasons, a great place to meet a wide variety of people.
A Decent Starting Point
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 19, 2015
Food service is food service. I gained the experience necessary and am glad to have moved forward. Don't put a lot of confidence in the managerial staff. Don't expect to be rewarded for any extra effort-- even if you put it in for 3+ years.
My job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 3, 2015
At this restaurant I really liked my schedule and how the were able to work with me and they would call me for overtime a lot which I like overtime and was sad I had to leave to come and help my father
Pros
pay
Cons
had to leave
Pizza Pizza Pizza
Take-Out/Food Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 23, 2015
Every single day is different; but what always remained the same was great pizza. I learned about the take-out, food-running, & serving side of the job. It was a lot, but it was fun. Management was friendly and caring. The co workers were always fun to work with and very professional. The hardest part would probably be when the volume of guest reaches waits that last for hours. The most enjoyable part was guest satisfaction from service and the food.
Pros
Free lunch, great hours, friendly environment
Cons
Fun and inviting Restaurant and work environment
Waitress/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 10, 2015
Bj's was my first choice of work when moving back home.My brother always dreamt of us working together one day. In his remembrance I did the first thing I could think of and applied.Bj's has helped me in many ways.It has helped me face some harsh obstacles life has thrown and made me grow into and strong and independent individual.Although Bj's has become more of a home,I must yet again move from my comfort zone and adventure off onto new beginnings.
Pros
Great food and coworkers
Cons
hours
Rewarding & Challenging Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Restaurant Support CenterOctober 19, 2015
BJ's is a great company to work for. They are committed to quality and it shows! Training was fantastic. While there is a lot to learn, you're provided with all of the tools you need to succeed, along with a fantastic team that provides support a long the way.

If you're looking for growth & professional development, BJ's is the perfect restaurant to work for.
Pros
Rewarding, Challenging, Career Advancement, Great Compensation & Benefits
Working in an fun happy enviroment.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2015
Enjoyed coming in to a positive work enviroment, interacting with the Team Members, talking to our guests, creating new fans that shared an intrest in our passion and culture.
Pros
Positive enviroment to work in
Cons
parking
Terrible place to work
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachAugust 20, 2015
Everyone has a list to finish and we cant because the kitchen manages tells us to do others people work, apart from our list
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Do others jobs thats not your job
Fun place to work, especially while in school
Trainer/ Server (Former Employee) –  San BernardinoJune 15, 2015
BJs is a fun place to work if you work hard. If you are a hard worker you will eventually befriend the managers which is really important in this position. If you are looking for advancement, it takes a long time but keeping bugging management. This job is incredibly flexible and you pretty much make your own schedule. Tips vary from location of restaurant.
Pros
50% off food, when working. 25% off when not working.
Cons
no benefits, no full time unless management, poor management, very busy restaurant
Liars and cheaters.
server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, Florida at LoopMay 5, 2014
They play too many mind games at the Kissimmee Loop location, witholding work hours with no reason or warning. Keep yr old job, even if yr hired full time here. They seem polite but will plott against you without telling you why or what. Then they play as if they haven't noticed.
Would be great if not for management
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, waOctober 26, 2013
I worked for this company for 8 months as a line cook, it was great at first but then you see the true colors of the management. They work you like a slave because they are always under staffed in the kitchen. The managers at my location at least we're some of the laziest managers I've ever seen, if it's busy and like I said we were always short handed they would just stand there and yell for the food and not help. I don't even know how they became managers. The only things that are good about this company is the food is good and free if your a cook or host and that they offer vacation pay, but trust me it's not worth it unless you wanna be a slave!!!
Pros
free meal if non tipped employee, vacation pay
Cons
horrible management, they over work you
Could be better
IT Helpdesk/Deployment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 28, 2013
Day to day, it could be better. Lots of opportunity to get better.
Not as good as they made it sound in the interview.
line cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, Millenia Mall areaJune 12, 2013
From day 1 of working here, I was blown away by how unorganized the place was. In my interview they promised me all kinds of bs ..and then I was told by a manager who didn't even introduce himself that i wasnt needed there and he doesnt know why they hired 3 newbies,
they overwork u to the extreme, and still want more, 5 ppl quit in a 2 wk period so go figure...the cooks sell drugs on the line, and the manager knows and acts as if he doesnt notice,because hes one of their usual slaves
Pros
absolutely nothing!
Cons
absolutely everything!
Good job.
Server, Bartender, Supervisor, Expo (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 13, 2013
Did a little bit of everything for this company. Treated very well aside from a terrible GM that inevitably led to me leaving the job.
Fast pace hospitality serving pizza, beer and lots more
Bookkeeper / Supervisor / Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 2, 2012
By executing the job duties of a manager, you can easily work your way up the ranks if you show that you are interested in taking care of the business. Co-workers are usually team players. It's really hard to give great service, without the necessary tools you need from management, to succeed. It's great to generate those regular customers that come in and want to be served by their favorite team member. Food is delicious, yet addicting.
Pros
free meals (only for non tipped employees)
Cons
poor management, inconsistent policies and procedures