BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Found 1,747 reviews matching the search
This job is a stepping stone.
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2017
In my opinion this job is a stepping stone to finishing school if you have financial support at home or for a high school student that recently entered the workforce. Likewise for a retired individual that needs extra income.
Pros
Its job with income
Cons
Its not recommended for Individuals with many expenditures.
Ok place to work
Recovery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work but not the place for me. I wasn't learning anything constructive there. The job was boring. Not much room for advancement. not the place for me
Pros
free breakfast once a week
Cons
management aitn great. no room to grow.
i enjoyed working with the people and meeting different customers every day
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 16, 2017
loved working at the many locations that i was at.It allowed me to meet so many different people and personalities and learn so much about the retail world.
Pros
meet great people, good benifits
Cons
hard work
Great Company
Cashier/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 16, 2017
Job isn't too hard but you have to come into work ready for anything. There are multiple positions you can work in, and if you plan on staying there is the possibility to advance.
Team work a plus
Cashier/Lower Office (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 15, 2017
Everyone works together as a team. Very flexible with my schedule Manager have an open door policy You could talk to anyone either about a personal problem or work related.
Member services desk
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  University Park, FLAugust 14, 2017
Membership is the first contact most members have with BJ's so it is important to greet them with a smile and be friendly. Processed returns and exchanges, provide membership information and upsell products.
I learned a lot about the company through this position. I also learned a lot of patience.
BJ's is a busy club most of the year and our business dies down in the Summer. The hardest part of this job is finding things to do when there is a lot of down time and shortage of hours.
I enjoyed the people I work with and the relationships we have with our members.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
pay
Fun Customers and Workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
I loved working at Bj's! Everyone is like family there. You learn and meet new people everyday developing relationships. Learn people skills, technology skills, communication skills and it is a very cross trained job if you like to stay busy and such.
A Typical Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
BJ's tends to lack care about employees break time and lunch time. The supervisors thinks it is okay to have an employee standing at their registers for 5 hours without a break.
Pros
Provides snacks and food
Cons
Break and lunch
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2017
the work place environment was relaxing and nice, the employees were nice to each other, the customers were pretty okay, and the managers were helpful overall
It sucks
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2017
Most of the time we're understaffed. The managers allow members to verbally abuse, never step in to say anything or defend us and we get yelled at for something we didn't do later. The hardest part of my job is dealing with incompetent managers. The only enjoyable part are my co-workers.
Pros
Part timers accumulate sick time and vacation
Cons
Lack of staff, inconsistent hours, empty promises
Part-time Job
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYAugust 11, 2017
Great place to have a part-time job, plenty of opportunities for growth, and a great introduction to work culture. Wonderful benefits and compensation. Friendly and open environment, and great experience in member engagement and customer service. Ability to learn and excel in a number of different departments and areas.
Friday's meeting
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2017
Bjs is a company that offers great opportunity to grow, always recognized hard working employees and I recommend this company to anyone that likes to work directly with people.
Pros
Up to 4 free membership
BJ's Wholesale
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJAugust 10, 2017
Safe environment to work very friendly employees they do provide tools necessary to do the work managers are helpful and willing to help i recommend anybody
eh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  900 remsen aveAugust 10, 2017
overall i loved the co-workers they were amazing to get along with and very easy- going. however the mangers at 900 remsen suck. they never answer phones arent willing to help and they arent clear on they're own policies.
Fun Christmas parties
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 9, 2017
The members were great and made the job fun to go to. This was my first job in retail so I learned so many new things like audits, deli department, bakery, produce, and meat department.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no teamwork
Food Demonstration
Food Demonstrator and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2017
Had to be creative to demonstrate and sell food items the retailer wanted to distribute to patrons. Had to collect items from shelves. Prepare items and cook for patrons. Sell product to patrons. Be creative in the way how to enjoy product each day. This at the end of the day helps the owner of BJs sell the product.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Free Food doesn't always make everyone happy
enjoyable days with good people
over night (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
it is a good job. chance to improve and move up. I enjoy my days at work and look forward to them. I cant wait to see where Im going to be in a few years, its always something positive when you walk in the door
Pros
goo hours
Cons
little staff
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 5, 2017
I worked in BJ'S for less than 12 months. The work experience was not much fun. The management is okay but no compensation or work life benefits. No increase in Salary until after a year.
Constant changes in management.
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  1785 airport road, allentown paAugust 5, 2017
In three years I went though 3 general managers, 4 floor managers, 2 gas station managers, and three personnel managers. Makes for a hectic workplace environment.
Pros
Free bread and peanutbutter and jelly spreads
Cons
High turnover rate and dissorganisation
They would provide activities in and outside business on occasion
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2017
Coming to work where's there is a work load and not looking for work.

How to work with various computer software

To laid back not expecting too much from there workers

The work hours were great 6am to 2:45pm

It was not a hard job

Allowing me the opportunity to be multitask and work in other department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.