BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,236 reviews
Great benefits, decent pay, some issues
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 26, 2016
The starting pay is good, hours are good if you have full time. Benefits are great for full time. Some drama amongst workers and management. Typical retail environment.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Unpaid lunch, no overtime, no set schedules
N/a
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 24, 2016
It's a good job great opportunity to better yourself and you learn a lot in that place I like doing the deli because it helps me get through the day keep me busy and the management is okay not all that special but they are really nice people
Productive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2016
At work I am helping customers pay for there items. I am letting them know if and when there membership is expired. I am also helping them know of coupons that may be available. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful with giving advice. There is no hard part once you have the knowledge to do your job. My most enjoyable part is seeing customers walk away with a smile.
boring and stressful
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Revere, MASeptember 22, 2016
I pull boxes up and bring up to the front. I bring water out to the floor. I replenish merchandising out on the floor. I may replenish the milk carts.
Pros
friday breakfast
Cons
busy
Productive and busy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Taking care of a high volume of members on an every day basis with care and compassion. Fulfilling members wants and need while getting to know them in a friendly and respectful manner. The team member were a great help in seeing each daily task through. The ability to take care of members and complete tasks in between could be very stressful, however my team members and I was able to handle any and every task.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No Union
Great Work Environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MASeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at Bj's consists of preparing your cart, filling your bottles with cleaning liquids, preparing food, an serving food. It's a very rewarding job because it prepares you to work in a kitchen. You need to be very sanitary, especially when working with food. You have to notify customers of allergens, and be wary of children under 18 who don't have parental permission to consume the demo food. The only hard part of working at Bj's is finding your product. The most enjoyable part of working at Bj's is interacting with the customers.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Kind of boring when business is slow
fun workplace
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 20, 2016
checking out customers and selling them a better membership. I have learned that everyone who is part of a team has a critical role in the whole workplace environment.
Poor management never works out well
Tire Sales and Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 19, 2016
There is zero team attitude here. Managers are a joke. Inadequate training and immature co-workers that act like babies or are impossible to converse with because they are from another planet. I lasted three days and said f@%$ this sh&#! If you are a hard working person looking for a decent job where management gives a sh%# about you, don't even think about this dump.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Friendly enviornment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 17, 2016
I was a cashier and my typical day was working at the register, ringing up customers and bagging their items. I learned how to work the register and how to organized bagging in a way that made it easy for my customer's to place it their vehicle.

Most of my co-workers were helpful which was evident by the help that they gave me when needed

The hardest part of my job was walking from one part of the warehouse to the other when my break was over.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my custormers who showed their appreciateion (especially the elderly) when I took the time to help them to understand how to use such things as their electronic cell phones. .
Pros
employment, pleasant working environment, appreciative customers
Cons
seasonal employment, low hourly wage
Nice place for a part time job
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLSeptember 16, 2016
Good place to work for part time employees. i Like BJ's Wholesale Club on Merritt Island Florida. Good work hours and schedule, you are working alone / with the public.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
bug bites
Somewhat productive workplace but often stressful.
Perishable Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 16, 2016
A typical day at the club when I was overnight replenishment manager consisted of getting our small staff to replenish & recover the merchandise in a timely & organized manner. As a daytime manager while the club was open for business our costumers would add another opportunity to excel in our duties or not. I found it most enjoyable knowing we performed our jobs well and the club ran smoothly. The hardest part was finding out my position was eliminated.
Pros
Worked with a friendly & diverse group that made the job enjoyable.
Cons
Often times our team members were not sufficient & we really had to push to get everything done.
Awesome work inviornment
Cashier / Café Cook (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHSeptember 11, 2016
I had a lot of fun working there. Management was very understanding, supportive when I lost my Father. I also made some really good life long friends.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
They make you cover your tattoos
Coworkers are great, pay and hours not so much
Cashier/Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Pay was never concrete- for example, new hires were paid more than workers who had been there for a few years. Guidelines changed frequently.
Pros
Coworkers were great, Break room always stocked
Cons
Flip Flop guidelines
North Haven store was a unprofessional work enviroment, General manager had no people skills, work ethic, favortism.
Senior Assistant Merchant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTSeptember 8, 2016
The district staff was not qualified to answer, help, or even make a appropriate decisions unless all of the district staff had a saying. Meaning they were all a click that worked together.
great workout
Cashier/Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2016
it was a cool job great benefits good workout. i learned the proper ways of lifting and lowering items. i have forklift knowledge
Always Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 4, 2016
theres really not much to say about this company , the management is horrible and they do a lot of favoritism .. not much pay . the hours a slim they tell you fulltime and they have no payroll
overall not that bad
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 31, 2016
its pretty chaotic there on busy days. managment doesnt help much so everything is placed on the supervisor. co-workers are nice to work with, very friendly.
Pros
the pay
Cons
management
Great enviroment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2016
It was a wonderful learning experience that I gained great intrest in. I appericated the opportunity and met great people. An overall great job and would work there again.
Productive and fun workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 31, 2016
Everyone at the club has been beyond nice to me since I began working there and they are all very understanding people. There is always something to do at this job and I have learnt so much since I've started. Sometimes it gets very busy and it can be hard to get everything that is needed to be done done by the end of my shift.
Pros
nice people
Cons
almost always busy, sometimes to much to do for amount of time that you have
Overnights
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 29, 2016
Basically work then go home & hope to get some rest then restart. The pay does not match the work you have to do.Management is a bunch of young people who have small experience and dont care about the employees, only sales.