BJC Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

BJC Behavioral Health is a great Community Mental Health Center
Behavioral Health Liaison Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
Strong emphasis on best practices, accreditation, productivity. Some employees have served the organization for many years, giving it stability. Productivity versus outcomes, as is common in organizations like this, inhibit the work at times, because staff seek billable hours and are rewarded for such. Recent turnover in leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some offices have difficult working environments; space, disrepair
Excellent experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2015
I have received an excellent career training, especially strengthening my therapeutic skills. The flexibility is good.
The hardest part of my job is the quota system. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and becoming an integral part of my client's lives.
Pros
flexability
Cons
Quotas
Professional workers who are dedicated to helping others
Clinical Supervisor - children and adult programs (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2014
As health care changes, so do non-profit organization need to change. BJC is trying to keep on the cutting edge of health care which means change is always happening. In community based operations, it is important to hire people who truly have a desire to be out there. There is a fair amount of turn-over in community mental health work especially in these troubling times. The hardest part of my job is loosing good friends/workers to other agencies.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant change in programs
Interesting and fun work place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2013
During my employment at BJC I encountered individuals that were easy to work with and those that were hard to work with. However, it was due to the client's illness' that caused those problems. My coworkers were easy to work with and they taught me so much. I enjoyed working with him and being able to help as many people as I could.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Large non-profit.
Community Support Specialist (Social Worker) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 2, 2015
I helped mentally challenged people reach their goals. In short I was a social worker here. I hated it. Very tough job. Takes a certain kind of person and the instability with the company also took a toll
A good place to get entry level experience in the field of health care
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
A typical work day includes getting in five hours of face to face time with clients. Timely documentation follows face to face visits.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
High Caseloads
Very flexiable schedules
Senior Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOMay 9, 2014
The hardest job that I love however I the paperwork is not my favorite part of this position. I'm alway learning from my clients and co-works.
Pros
I have control over my schedule
Cons
Sometimes not enough time in the day.
Crisis Intervention
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 22, 2014
I work directly with the Admissions Team and crisis intervention. It is a very stressful job and I feel that I am in need of something different in my life.
Benefits
Cons
Very Stressful
good place to work
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St Louis MOSeptember 12, 2012
A good place to work it can be difficult because of resources in social work clients need finacial support as well as mental health help
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not enough resources
Starter
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2014
1st job in the field, you will build great experience.

It is a job that build case management skills.

It is a free culture. You work with the mentally ill population. Some times you are seen as a taxi.
Flexible
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 22, 2014
Flexible schedule to work with individuals who have mental illness
Unethical place to work, and management is horrid.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2012
A typical day at the office would be driving around clients with mental disorders and trying to assist them. This part of the job was great and was rewarding. The catch with this job is that the "HR" department tells you when you get hired that you will have anywhere from 15-20 clients. When I left, I had 28. This part is not ethical, because of the standards given to us by the state, we are suppose to see certain clients once every two weeks up to twice a week depending on there level of care. It is not achievable to meet these standards during the work week. The starting pay is 25,000 a year, and I know for social work not horrid, but if you end up working 60 hours a week trying to be ethical, the amount per hour is around 8 dollars. The management that is suppose to train you will only tear you down and not allow you to personalize your notes with actual details of a visit with a client. The management will also call clients to see how you are doing as a worker, mind you asking people with mental disorders how their social worker is doing is asking for a lie to allow them to manipulate the truth.

Great idea to help people with mental disorders, but maybe try it with a different company that has hire morals and ethical standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8