BJC Behavioral Health

BJC Behavioral Health Employer Reviews

Flexible
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 22, 2014
Flexible schedule to work with individuals who have mental illness
Crisis Intervention
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Farmington, MOFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: very stressful
I work directly with the Admissions Team and crisis intervention. It is a very stressful job and I feel that I am in need of something different in my life.
A good place to get entry level experience in the field of health care
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule
Cons: high caseloads
A typical work day includes getting in five hours of face to face time with clients. Timely documentation follows face to face visits.
Interesting and fun work place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2013
Pros: flexable schedule
During my employment at BJC I encountered individuals that were easy to work with and those that were hard to work with. However, it was due to the client's illness' that caused those problems. My coworkers were easy to work with and they taught me so much. I enjoyed working with him and being able to help as many people as I could.
Unethical place to work, and management is horrid.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2012
A typical day at the office would be driving around clients with mental disorders and trying to assist them. This part of the job was great and was rewarding. The catch with this job is that the "HR" department tells you when you get hired that you will have anywhere from 15-20 clients. When I left, I had 28. This part is not ethical, because of the – more... standards given to us by the state, we are suppose to see certain clients once every two weeks up to twice a week depending on there level of care. It is not achievable to meet these standards during the work week. The starting pay is 25,000 a year, and I know for social work not horrid, but if you end up working 60 hours a week trying to be ethical, the amount per hour is around 8 dollars. The management that is suppose to train you will only tear you down and not allow you to personalize your notes with actual details of a visit with a client. The management will also call clients to see how you are doing as a worker, mind you asking people with mental disorders how their social worker is doing is asking for a lie to allow them to manipulate the truth.

Great idea to help people with mental disorders, but maybe try it with a different company that has hire morals and ethical standards. – less
good place to work
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), St Louis MOSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: not enough resources
A good place to work it can be difficult because of resources in social work clients need finacial support as well as mental health help