BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

kidney / liver transplant nurse
Staff Nurse on Kidney (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2017
Large corporation with multiple locations. Acute care job requiring advanced nursing skills. City location has safety / security issues involving transients.
Pros
multiple locations to work at
Cons
safety / secureity at Kingshighway location
Happy To Move to better Opportunities
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2017
Some times you out grow a place and there are changes in the wind. This was one of my times. I started as a temp and when I became full time I was not classified in the proper job. This and the management change was enough to know instability was coming.
Pros
the people
Cons
Many management changes, micro managers, don't want to pay according to job done
Managers were very supportive.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 11, 2017
Very good hospital. I love the staff and trust the doctors. This is the hospital that after years of nursing I trust my parents care too. I would work there again.
They don't care about their patients only money
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2017
Management is horrible. They don't care about their employees. All they care about is money. They don't even care about the physicians. Managers are bullys
It's sad to think that they preach how to treat patients and they treat their employees poorly.
Pros
Pto, insurance
Cons
Management, empathy, raises
A stable secure place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mason RidgeApril 26, 2017
Great company. Nice place to work. However in my case there is no pathway to growth. The company had great benefits. Few are good health care insurance, great education programs and tuition assistance.
Pros
Stable, Secure
Cons
Underpaid
Great entry level not great for much else
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOApril 23, 2017
This company is great to work for at an entry level position. However, there is not a lot offered for advancement. Management is under trained and HR is useless. The culture encourages back biting.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethalto, ILApril 17, 2017
I had worked with this company with Poor management. To many management levels and not enough office staff.
Poor communication skills throughout the organization.
Pros
insurance, education benefits, PTO time
Cons
No advancement, poor management
Management doesn't care about their staff, only themselves.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2017
The culture at BJC is VERY *corporate*
At BJC, the only goal of the directors is to get to the highest executive position possible, so they kiss up to the presidents and vice-presidents while stepping on anyone who is not an executive, including their own staff.
To make things worse, management will tell you that you can't have a raise because the company is nonprofit or the country is in a recession, etc. Meanwhile, the executives make obscene salaries.
Get in, get the experience, and then get out.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low salaries, low morale, hard work is not rewarded
productive decent place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63136April 8, 2017
The typical work day for me was always a good positive learning day. I very much enjoyed working for BJC HealthCare. I've learned a lot new things such as prepacking medications/ operating the prepackaging machine, omnicell systems,how to file and expire medications on floors, in pyxis machines/ RSI Kits, Crash carts, Red boxes. I enjoyed performing my duties as a pharmacy tech. I would have to say the hardest part about working for BJC is when your peers around you are not being professional nor working as a team. there isnt a real way you can go to management and they actually look into it and take action. If you new you have no voice in how your treated people can and will make things up and you'd get wrote up for it. when trying to express yourself to defend yourself against false reports. nothing gets done especially if you already have been written up before. Its like they want to get you fired! I hate the progressive policies you basically get three strike your out which is sad.
Pros
was my first Pharmacy Tech job
Cons
Wish that they were more open to employees concerns and actually acted upon them
A Stepping Stone to Better Places
Administrative Assistant; Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2017
BJC is a great place to work as far as what they stand for and the things they do for the sake of patient care. However, management seems somewhat oblivious to the troubles of the company. Turnover is HIGH and hiring is frozen. Everyone is constantly on edge and the morale is down tremendously.
Benefits and pay are good environment is not
Old pharmacy worker (Former Employee) –  Parkland health center farmington moApril 4, 2017
This pharmacy is a terrible place to work. The boss is great with finances but horrible at listening and managing people. She will overlook things and make excuses for other departments before she will try to fix things in her department. Bad workers are not confronted they're just left to be felt with by the fee good workers that are there. Sometimes there is no work life balance. Schedule is always changing. It's not worth the money to be absolutely miserable at one of the places were you spend most of your time. I'd work somewhere else if I was looking.
Challenging Work
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2017
Typical day is back to back meetings and conference calls. There are so many departments and leaders to discuss projects with before a decision can be made, so be prepared to develop presentation and facilitation skills.
Pros
Endless amounts of issues to learn about, many other types of roles to apply for from within
Cons
Be prepared to deal with ambiguity, slow decision making, hard to see the benefits of individual work
Versatile
Operative Technology and Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
Many hospitals within one organization gives you many options to go in your career. Very challenging and rewarding being in this type of ever changing healthcare environment.
BJC is a great place to work. There is a lot of room for advancement.
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2017
My typical day at work is to review claims and correct them or get them to the right department to get them corrected and sent out to the insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I learn something new everyday.
I am indifferent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOMarch 2, 2017
I was working for a farmers agent who was never in the office and placed a lot of the responsibility on my head that I was not qualified for. Very stressful but learned a great deal as well
An ok place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOMarch 1, 2017
The position was busy, so it made the day go by fast. Difficult to take time off for doctors appts. The benefits, when you could use them, were nice. Staff and doctors were very nice.
Great Work enviroment
Radiotherapy Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
Great people to work with, Competitive benefits. Flexible schedules.
Hardest part would be the days did get long sometimes.
Nice Place To Work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2017
I Enjoy Working For BJC. Very Relaxed and teamwork enviornment.
Being a team player is very important within the work place. It makes for an easy productive day.
N/a
Pre-Arrival Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2017
Typical day at work isnt hard at all. Co workers are friendly and the work isnt very fast pace. You pretty much set your own pace but you have to make sure that your keeping up
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2017
It is a excellent place for learning. If you want to advance in your career. The days could be pretty busy and the staff was really nice.
Pros
work advance
Cons
compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval