BJC Employee Reviews

Associated Internist Jue (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2017
was a fast paced friendly environment with fair pay, and increases of pay. loved taking care of patients the doctors was down to earth and very friendly to work for.
Pros
free luches
Cons
short breaks due to patient care
Wonderful place to work.
RN and Perinatal Educator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Management was supportive and I always had the tools needed to do my job. Compensation was not competitive however in comparison with other school districts.
great opritunity
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 5, 2017
i enjoyed the people i was able to work with as well as the staff. the owner was very understanding about my family life and allowed time off when my children where sick or had appointments.
Bjc
Internal Controls Specialist / IT Asset Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2016
I worked at BJC for 7 plus years, the culture is driven by the clinical side of the business. Unfortunately, the IT side suffered unless it was a direct project or support for a clinical application.

Management was stagnant.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay, benefits
faced paced environment, friendly
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2016
Many advancements in the company. There are a lot of opportunities for many entry level employees to move forward within the company, but you must desire to excel.
Pros
discount caferteria
Cons
busy place at times
Endoscopy technician
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2016
On a daily basis, I assist nurses, doctors and other tech's with endoscopy procedures. We (tech's) are assigned tasks throughout the day which include cleaning scopes, setting up rooms, cleaning rooms and help assist the doctor and nurses during procedures. We also have bedsides, where we go to numerous places such as the radiology department, ICU or any other floor the doctor has assigned.

I have learned so much as a technician, and I enjoy working with the staff here at Christian Hospital. This job has truly opened my eyes in seeing what a job is like in the medical field as well as being in a hospital setting. It definitely challenges everyone to learn how to work as a team and be successful together.
Cons
No benefits
Great work culture
Sr. UI Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
It was great working at BJC, fun and encouraging team. Great oppurtunity to explore our skills. Great place to get your foot in the door, network and learn valuable skills. Decent benefits
Pros
pay was good.
Cons
Heavy calls
BJH top leaders in health care
RN, BLS, PALS, ACLS (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 10, 2016
Barnes Jewish Hospital is committed to providing the best care to our patients. The state of the art technology , care and affiliation with Washington University Specialists makes Barnes one of the best hospitals in the nation.
Pros
Dedicated staff and teams.
Cons
Parking, safety
BJC is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work.
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with BJC. I have wonderful co-workers and the patients make the job what it has been. There is not a day I do not learn something about healthcare or myself which is a reward itself. The most challanging part of the job is the work/life balance. Overall it is a great place to work.
a good job and a nice place to wok
RN (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILDecember 10, 2015
12 hr shift...get report from previous shift... do duties assiged to you
check each patient, assign techs. a god place to work
Pros
I like what I do
Cons
work holidays
Nothing to state
BC/DR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2015
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project or operations-oriented work efforts. Confer with and advises team(s) on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Establishes processes to identify, track, escalate, resolve and report customer problems. Responsible for meeting specified service level standards. Provides technical guidance for the planning, and designing, directing, maintaining and monitoring of information system operation. Work with IT Technical staff and Business to determine appropriate BC/DR and continuity and processes, and procedures for resources. Also writing Disaster Recovery plans, and Business Impact Analysis survey and train the business partners in Disaster Recovery. Conduct Tabletop exercise and walkthroughs of Disaster Recovery processes, work with Emergency Management in recovery process of Disaster Recovery planning, and Business Resumption and recovery plans and facilitating disaster recovery planning and communicating current trends and developments to BC/DR teams, business units that include: Studying for CISSP certification
Pros
people I meet
Cons
Nothing at this time
Fun place to work
telemetry tech (Former Employee) –  saint louis moMay 27, 2015
12 hour days three days a week they give plenty of over time and reward you for your time and they care about people they help you to better yourself
Care of infants and children, ante and post-partum patients
Pediatric Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Drove to patients homes after verifying with patient. Did growth and development of newborns as ordered by a physician. Did heel sticks to check bilirubin counts on infants under bili lights in the home, taken to lab for results to be sent to physician and new orders received. Dressing changes usually dry on children. On ante-partum moms usually seen for diabetes due to pregnancy or high blood pressure due to pregnancy. Diabetic moms were taught proper diet, checked weight, checked proper taking of medication and why needed, checking blood sugars and taught patient how to check, and proper exercise. High blood pressure moms were taught proper diet, elimination of salt, checked weight,checked vital signs, if patient had blood pressure machine in the home taught how to use it and when numbers were needed to be called in to physician per physician's orders, observed for swelling in extremities(especially lower), taught elevation of legs to avoid or assist in lower extremity swelling, proper exercise, and taking medications and why needed. Post-partum moms were usually seen due to infection in the incision area. Did dressing changes, observed for amount and kind of drainage, taking medications as ordered or needed. Resting to allow proper healing of wound,eating properly to assist in wound healing. Talked with mom about getting help from family or friends to take care of everything except herself and her baby. To keep infant near by if in a safe bed or bassinet. If infant was bottle fed, others could assist in preparation of those. Paper work completed as designated by the office.  more... Oral doctor's orders written and sent for signature. Learned about new medications to me so could be explained to the patient properly. Supervisor was well educated in the area of my employment and easy to talk to. Didn't work with others much, was fairly independent at this job. Always enjoy the care and teaching I can give my patients/family so wellness occurs quickly.  less
Pros
Able to be independent in my work, enjoyed my patients
Cons
job did not last, closed the position I had.
nice coworkers
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  saint louis, MissouriMay 5, 2015
I am newly employed, and am only PRN.
There is much I do not know and cannot answer.
Hectic environment. Most difficult thing about this job, initially, is learning the two computer systems. They are very patient, however, in working with you.
Pros
great source of extra income
Cons
hours fluctuate
cool benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
everything is cool except my dept is understaffed and management is reluctant to give raises though we work and perform well in these conditions
Large company diverse work group
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
The group I worked in was well managed and worked together well. They are undergoing some major changes in their IT department at this time. This place I huge so results may vary. .
Productive and Fun
Java Developer (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 2, 2015
They enable to you to work to the best of your ability by giving you all the tools you need.

People are friendly and interactive

Hardest part of the job is the lack of structure there.
Cons
Constant work load even over the holidays
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work! a great hospital with hard working and caring people.
Good work experince.
Intake Specialist/EAP (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJune 27, 2014
Nice place to work. Good locations the meet clients needs.BJC meets needs of people in a variet of ways with good people there to hekp when needed.
Great people to work with and for
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working with a lot of great co workers and physicians at BJC. Learning is a priority for me and I have learned a great deal, not only in the work atmosphere, but socially and mentally as well. BJC is like a huge support system as well as a nice place to work.
Pros
hospital parties, tuition assistance
Cons
staffing is limited sometimes, cutbacks