BJC Employee Reviews

Care of infants and children, ante and post-partum patients
Pediatric Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Pros: Able to be independent in my work, enjoyed my patients
Cons: job did not last, closed the position I had.
Drove to patients homes after verifying with patient. Did growth and development of newborns as ordered by a physician. Did heel sticks to check bilirubin counts on infants under bili lights in the home, taken to lab for results to be sent to physician and new orders received. Dressing changes usually dry on children. On ante-partum moms usually seen for diabetes due to pregnancy or high blood pressure due to pregnancy. Diabetic moms were taught proper diet, checked weight, checked proper taking of medication and why needed, checking blood sugars and taught patient how to check, and proper exercise. High blood pressure moms were taught proper diet, elimination of salt, checked weight,checked vital signs, if patient had blood pressure machine in the home taught how to use it and when numbers were needed to be called in to physician per physician's orders, observed for swelling in extremities(especially lower), taught elevation of legs to avoid or assist in lower extremity swelling, proper exercise, and taking medications and why needed. Post-partum moms were usually seen due to infection in the incision area. Did dressing changes, observed for amount and kind of drainage, taking medications as ordered or needed. Resting to allow proper healing of wound,eating properly to assist in wound healing. Talked with mom about getting help from family or friends to take care of everything except herself and her baby. To keep infant near by if in a safe bed or bassinet. If infant was bottle fed, others could assist in preparation of those. Paper work completed as designated by the office. Oral doctor's orders written and sent for signature. Learned about new medications to me so could be explained to the patient properly. Supervisor was well educated in the area of my employment and easy to talk to. Didn't work with others much, was fairly independent at this job. Always enjoy the care and teaching I can give my patients/family so wellness occurs quickly.
nice coworkers
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), saint louis, MissouriMay 5, 2015
Pros: great source of extra income
Cons: hours fluctuate
I am newly employed, and am only PRN.
There is much I do not know and cannot answer.
Hectic environment. Most difficult thing about this job, initially, is learning the two computer systems. They are very patient, however, in working with you.
cool benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
everything is cool except my dept is understaffed and management is reluctant to give raises though we work and perform well in these conditions
Large company diverse work group
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), St Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
The group I worked in was well managed and worked together well. They are undergoing some major changes in their IT department at this time. This place I huge so results may vary. .
Productive and Fun
Java Developer (Consultant) (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Cons: constant work load even over the holidays
They enable to you to work to the best of your ability by giving you all the tools you need.

People are friendly and interactive

Hardest part of the job is the lack of structure there.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Alton, ILJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work! a great hospital with hard working and caring people.
Good work experince.
Intake Specialist/EAP (Current Employee), Kirkwood, MOJune 27, 2014
Nice place to work. Good locations the meet clients needs.BJC meets needs of people in a variet of ways with good people there to hekp when needed.
Great people to work with and for
CT Technologist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2014
Pros: hospital parties, tuition assistance
Cons: staffing is limited sometimes, cutbacks
I have had the pleasure of working with a lot of great co workers and physicians at BJC. Learning is a priority for me and I have learned a great deal, not only in the work atmosphere, but socially and mentally as well. BJC is like a huge support system as well as a nice place to work.
Intern in Clinical Engineering
Intern (Current Employee), Christian Hospital NEApril 10, 2014
Christian Hospital NE. Great bunch of folks. Most BMETs in this hospital have 20 plus years of experience. I have learned a lot from them. The BMET supervisor is very helpful and lets you get on with your work without micromanaging. A great place to work.
Nice place to start working
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2014
Job was great for my first job and i had some great co-workers
Mental Health
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, MOFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sressful
Community Support in the field of Mental Health. To support people who suffer with mental health such as; Social Work.
A good first job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2013
I received a great learning experience to further my career.
IT
IT Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2013
Pros: people, new skills
Cons: no advancement
My IT experience was good. The only challenge at BJC is that you cannot advance in your area. You have to know someone to advance.
Great place to learn new skills. Great people.
Good employment but short
Regulatory Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNOctober 10, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: contract ended
BJC was a subsidiary of Bechtel/Jacobs and was a good place to work for D&D and nuclear arenas.
I was here for a short time.
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: i had a job
Cons: they were sending the job elsewhere
The first day of work, I was told I would be working St. John accounts. The same afternoon I was told St. John accounts were going elsewhere, I did not stay long due to the instability. The associates were nice, and I do not remember much
Average place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2013
Answered multi line phone
Filled incoming prescriptions
Inventory control
Okay place to work
Student Nurse Tech (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2013
Pros: quality care
Cons: hiring freeze
Responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating and oral care. Provide assistance to RN as needed, retrieving vital signs and blood sugars and competently collect and chart all data on paper & computer charting formats.
assignments on each unit of the hospital - experience in critical care, acute care, medical, surgical, psychiatric and emergency departments
Productive and educational experience
HealthCare Medical Informatics Analyst Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 10, 2013
As an intern, I was surprised that I was treated like any other employee. I worked on real projects, my opinion, in critical matters, was well received, and everyone was very friendly.

While working for BJC, I was able to expand my skills, developing scripts to automate redundant tasks, and I learned how to use various database systems.
Fast pace and High expecatation
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2013
From the moment you clocked in, until the moment you walked out, you were in constant motions. Extremely busy office environment. Customer satisfaction was always priority and taken very seriously.

I learned how to listen in detail to a problem and worked quickly to resolve the problem for the client.

My co-workers were wonderful.

I enjoyed the variety of duties, there was never a dull day.
Nice and enjoyable place to work
Insurance Follow-Up Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2012
Cons: job advancement
I like working for this company! My co-workers are very educated and a lot of the people I have the pleasure to surround myself around have been doing this for over 15 years, so we learn from each other. So far I have worked the Cardiology specialty group and have had the pleasure of working with government insurance claims as well as 3rd party insurance claims. I learn new things everyday from my co-workers as well as management, although advancement really isn't an option I would still recommend someone to try this company out.