BKD, LLP Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
N/a
Audit Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I worked at the firm for a few years and the Company is well established. I made a few great friends and will keep those for a lifetime. Overall it was a pleasant experience, but I was well WELL underpaid. They also didn't have any bonus, which is an awful thing - especially in this day and age as compared to the other firms. So, underpaid via salary and no bonus really hurts. Other than that the firm is well run and established.
It is a nice place to work
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 8, 2017
It is a nice place to work. The employees are helpful. The leadership conference is good. The employees get lot of training. They schedule the work on a weekly basis.
Pros
The leadership conference is really good.
Learned alot
Senior Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
I learned a lot while working at BKD. I worked in their consulting division and they are an accounting firm. Found consulting was not necessarily for me. Really, that was so long ago things are probably different now.
Cpa
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2017
I did not care to be a CPA and the life that that entailed. CPA firms work you so long. I felt as though I was selling my life for a little bit of cash. It made me realize that money is not happiness and what is everyone trying to buy.
Great accounting firm
Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 9, 2017
Great audit, tax and AOS services. Good place to work with other talented accountants. Work/life balance in a firm this size is much better than at a big four firm. Additionally, employees have the opportunity to work on a variety of industries and clients unlike big four firms.
Great Place to Work
Audit Associate Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
I loved working for BKD. The management was incredibly intelligent and always willing to take time out to ensure comprehensive understanding of the audit process.
Pros
Amazing parties
Great oppertunities to get involved with the community.
Receptionist and Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2017
Great Company to work for! The staff work well together as a team during the busy season time of year. Willing to help you pursue other job options within the company.
Opportunity for growth if you are willing to stick it out
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2017
Ok place to work. Long hours. Opportunity for growth if you can stick it out. I did not travel extensively, but others did.

There are many lunches and happy hours as well.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Great Place
MARKETING ASSISTANT & RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2017
They encouraged growth at one location but not at another. Accounting is a very hard field so the ones who don't absolutely love their jobs are weeded out very quickly, which meant that everybody who came to work freaking LOVED it, which was amazing.
Pros
High pay, well rewarded, rewarding, great people to work with
Cons
can be some very long hours, mandatory weekends as needed
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
Has good opportunity for advancement like a typical CPA firm. Has locations through out mid-west and serves several different niches. They are willing to relocate you for advancement.
Transitional Job
Staff Consultant, Transaction Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
I worked here for a while. It was nice to learn a new trade, but unfortunately the economy tanked and the area I was in (M&A audits) stopped and I was laid off.
Local Accounting firm
Receptionist, Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 15, 2017
A wonderful place to work. I was only there to help through tax season unfortunately. The staff is always willing to help each other out and that counts for a lot.
Good company
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at BKD. I learned more about proposal work and enjoyed the opportunity to create collateral for strategic mailings. Great team with much to offer.
Typical CPA Firm
Managing Consultant, State and Local Tax (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2017
Typical CPA Firm. Adequate resources for a firm of its size. Growing firm, establishing locations in Texas. SALT department is not very large at the time of my employment.
Miserable, outdated place to work
Senior II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2017
This company is stuck in the work practices and culture of 20-30 years ago. Most companies are trying to evolve to an employee focused culture with progressive values, however BKD clings and prides itself on it's old-school, conservative environment. They just instituted Casual Fridays a year or so ago! The worst part might be that they think they have a wonderful culture - they are absolutely clueless.

Awful benefits, poor training and an overall culture of micro-management and distrust.The cubes have glass cube walls, just so everyone can make sure you are working when you walk by. The busy season meals are only Tues-Thurs and consist of junk food - pizza and pasta mostly. The company clearly only values employees Director level and higher and it shows in benefits, work events, and the atmosphere in the office. The audit work is poor and full of flaws.

Save yourself the trouble and frustration and go to the Big 4, RSM, or Grant Thorton.
Pros
Location, Base Pay is Competitive
Cons
Benefits, Low PTO, Awful Culture, Poor Training, Low Quality Standards
Good Place to Work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2017
BKD is a great place to work. You learn a lot and stay busy. Great work/life balance for people that have kids. You will work up to 60-65 hours a week during busy season, but other than that fairly normal during non busy season times. BKD does a lot for the community.
Serious and disciplined work environment.
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2017
Serious and professional work environment. Some senior professionals are highly effective provide required guidance to the junior professionals and new recruits
Pros
Training
Cons
Overnight travel
Good Company
Outsourcing Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2017
BKD is a stable good company to work for with excellent benefits. The culture of BKD did not fit me personally. BKD merged with Peterson, Peterson & Goss in December 2015.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Hard work with laid back atmosphere
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 19, 2017
People here are all great. Work is tough during the busy season, but no one is worked like they are at a Big 4 firm. Expect a lot of challenging days and a huge learning curve.
Pros
Good connections, lots of learning and great experience, short work weeks in the summer.
Cons
Busy season is long, potential travel to small clients
Great Public Accounting Firm
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 7, 2017
A leading public accounting firm. Provides a lot of opportunity to gaining training and managing people and audit engagements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BKD, LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9