Black & Decker Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 17, 2016
I loved working for this company. Their benefits changed a great deal, the package became poor. Overall it is still a great company to work for.
Assembling
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYApril 25, 2016
This was a good place to work, but the work was hard. We were well appreciated at times depending on the management around you. I would recommend this company to those who are looking for assembly.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 15, 2016
I liked working here because the people were cool plus it was a fast pace enviornment. My only dislikes was that this was a temp postion.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Temp Postion
Little to no benefits
Packing (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYApril 12, 2016
Basically to put it simple, I'm not suppose to be here. I know to much about computers to sit in a factory. I feel like i'm stuck with no opportunity's working as a temp.
Productive, no nonsense atmosphere
Team Leader/Senior Milling Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 15, 2015
Very strict and heavily enforced company rules/guidelines. A typical Day consisted of setting up and running of Vertical Mills. Typically loading steel coils with weights varying between 60 to 250 LBS. Work day divided into 3 parts (by buzzer) 7-9am, a ten minute break, 9:10 - 11:30am, lunch(30 minutes), 12-2:10pm, ten minute break 2:20-3:30 finish. Management was very strict. no sitting, no food or drink on floor ,no personal devices, etc. My co-workers for the most part were good hard working people. Some of the physical exsertion day after day was taxing, especially during peak periods.(I personally worked 358 days straight at one pont of my tenure.) The christmas parties were the highlight of the year for me.
Pros
Chrismas party, learning curve
Cons
Short breaks, lunch, lack of empathy from management, promotion, individual recognition
Start off well
territory manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
It was a great to work for until it was brought out by Stanley, it should have been a top ten Fortune 500 company to work for. Unfortunately, in 2010 after the purchase the family-oriented feel, went out the window with the new shareholders. Everything became about the bottom line and making the shareholders happy. The bottom line is very important in any business, but at what cost and who will be sacrificed. Many mid-level and lower levels territory managers was sacrificed while corp. higher level management was moved around or given a golden parachute for a safe landing..
Fun place to work at
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Easton,MdSeptember 8, 2015
Black and Decker was a great place to work at.I worked at the plant in East on MD.I really liked my supervisors and I miss the people I use to work with I think a black and decker reunion would be a good id ea
Pros
Great people fun place
Good work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Black & Decker had a great work environment. The people were great to work with. The company gave their employers opportunities to grow and develop. The company in courage the employees to seek more education.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Salary
Great summer internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 27, 2015
Black & Decker was a great place for a college intern to learn internal audit and venture into international travel! The firm treated interns as employees and scheduled projects through the entire 10 week program.
Had a steady position at times
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJune 10, 2015
On the assembly line you learn your position and do the same thing everyday. Sometimes you might learn something new but it only be for that day.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short breaks and not a chance to move up!

Want to know more about Black & Decker?

Ask a question
Unstable work hours
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 3, 2015
Quanity was more important then quality. I never felt secure with my job because of watching lines be moved to Mexico and China. Eventually Fayetteville site was completely moved to Mexico.
Pros
paid sick hours and vacation
Cons
pay
good work place
Team Leader/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  hampstead carroll countyMay 29, 2015
as a line leader i inspected the packaging of the drill bits and pulled the parts needed for packing on the line.
we worked with 7 to 10 people on a line
Productive and fun
Production Workers/ Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Working at Black&Decker was a typical day. It was a hard place to work with very long hours but I was able to learn more than I ever thought I could from a company.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
low health care
very busy but fun
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 9, 2015
learned about the parts.
management could be better.
co-workers were great.
hardest part was only having certain amount of time learning new stuff.
most enjoyable was meeting and knowing the co-workers.
Pros
lunches were ok.
Cons
management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 3, 2015
A very busy an productive place. requires being very attentive and a great deal of teamwork. a great team equals great success at this particular job.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
temp
Very productive
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FlJanuary 22, 2015
Great working envoirment, the only reason why I am not with the company anymore is because they closed the location and moved to a different state. The management had an open door policy and always listened and helped employees with any concerns they had.
Busy
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Review overnight orders received via fax and prepare said orders for shipment. Assist in inventory control and reports. Pick, pack and ship orders via Fedex and or UPS.

Very dedicated to providing a high quality product to customers.
Started off as a stocker and left as a team lead
Stocker/Forklift Operator/Acting Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 29, 2014
I started working for them as a stocker and was able to move up to a team lead as well as a picker.
nice fast past job
Personnel Placement Temp. Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 19, 2014
Did not work with them long enough. people was nice and lay back. the hardest part of the job for me was learning the stand up forklift so i could become a picker. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i knew a out people that work their so i was not too shy
Stable
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 9, 2014
Fast past work environment. There was no room for growth. They did show appreciation for their employees. I'm unsure how the work ennvironment is now.
Pros
internal credit union for employees & paid weekly
Cons
no vacation days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.