Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

A great company in al phases
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  IdahoJuly 30, 2016
The managemant get it, they realize there greatest asset is its workers.
Very good people and compensation.
I learned how to build a sub station
Great Place to Grow as a Fresh Graduate
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityJuly 20, 2016
The organization is great and people are fun to work with but needs more time to mature in the area of Management Consulting.
The overall organizational culture is very much conservative and laid back and needs a boast
Productive and Fun workplace
Senior Oracle Financials Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 7, 2016
Good to work in such a friendly atmosphere. Very good office atmosphere and so happy working with this organisation. No words to describe...
Good job experience
Close out Contracts Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 6, 2016
Good oportunity to develop my technical knowledge plus to improve professional skills in favor to the client. Excelent proactive team workers and professionals which become more than parnters at work.
Long hours, unpredictable workload
Proposal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 24, 2016
Supervisor has favorites; firm is stuck in the past but is trying to improve. Compensation is decent. Very silo-ed job descriptions. Don't even think of overlapping.
Benefits
A great place to work
Zoning & Permitting Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 22, 2016
My experience with Black & Veatch has been wonderful.
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company.
If I weren't relocation, It would be the company that I could retire from.
Pros
The projects, The people, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay
It's a start
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 7, 2016
It is a good short term company to work for (+/- 2 yrs- telecom sector). Advancement, Raises, and promotions are hard to come by.
Great work environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be answering emails, follow up on things to do, and prioritizing tasks. I have learned to organize my work in order to achieve goals on a timely matter. Management sometimes is not as communicative as I wish, specially in times of financial instability. I have a great work environment, we help and support each other. The hardest part of my job is to work with government bureaucracy. I enjoy having the opportunity of learning new things and when I am professionally challenged.
Ok Place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2016
Work is not difficult or challenging though it is sold as such. Everything is just re-working previous projects. Some projects might offer the opportunity to challenge some. Most of the work is busy work to support large projects and not very interesting.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
If you are not in the click you are screwed
Great place to work with Great leadership
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 4, 2016
it is great environment to work I came to work everyday excited of the challenges had to bring day in and day out and working with clients was great to meet there need and accomplish the goal and timelines they have set for any project set forth. I must say the leadership helped tremendously in my career development as a professional and to reach new heights within the company
Pros
great Leadship
Cons
alot driving at times
Life/ Work balance
Substation Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2016
Its a great company to work for since it offers great work/life balance. The 9/80 schedule allows people to catch-up on life while still maintaining a good work schedule.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Salary
New Building
Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2016
Fast-paced and collaborative work environment with a variety of employee genders, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds.
Typical 9-5 job in a quiet culture/environment
Database Administrator (contract) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2016
Typical duties at Black and Veatch were exclusive to data entry. There was not much opportunity for career advancement and compensation was poor. The company's typical 9-5 working hours allowed for a good work/life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Tedious duties, compensation, work environment
Good Workplace
Project Controls Engineer & Budgeting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palestinian TerritoriesApril 10, 2016
My experience with Black and Veatch was very motivating and high in value. It was one of the best working environments i had throughout my last several jobs.
Experience worth having
Quality Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 7, 2016
I was provided an opportunity to extend my quality experiences in the Telecommunications industry at Black & Veatch going on 4 years now and I appreciate the freedom and support I've been given to do so.
Pros
Great benefits and room for advancement.
Cons
As with any construction industry; the unpredictability of future projects.
Employment at Black & Veatch
Executive Administrator/Export Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2016
This is a very diverse company with potential to grow. Excellent company - Work/Life Balance, and personnel are outstanding to work with.
Great Company with a major fault
Work there and thats enough (Former Employee) –  california locationMarch 13, 2016
I loved working at this company. However i was recruited by them telling me that employees get laid off after contingent (contract) employees... How it hurts to have been let go just days before i would have received a bonus check and i was laid off before contingents. They did this to hundreds of employees before letting contingents go... Very sad very hurtful... I loved working for the people i worked for. Great bosses...
Pros
Good bosses with lots of extra training for those who have little to no experience.
Cons
Let you go before contract workers and just before you qualify for your bonses.
Good diversity of different types of work to bid
Senior Electrical and I&C Construction Estimator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 27, 2016
One of the best opportunities to bid on several different type of work here in the US and all over the world, on projects for power generation and transmission lines, water and waste water treatment plants, solar fields to battery charging and storage projects.
Black & Veatch is a great company to work for and offers a great family/work balance
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked for Black & Veatch for almost 5 years and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are a great company who treats their employees great.
Bay Area
Construction Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Multiple projects in the bay area were communicated as to the urgency of each site. Support from company was as expected. Overall experience was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black & Veatch. Our community is ready to answer.