Black Hawk Grundy Mental Health Center, Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Community Support Specialist working with individuals with a serious and persistent mental illness in the community. Qualified applications should have a BA in Social Work, Psychology or another Human Services related field along with 1-3 years experience, a valid drivers license, excellent people skills, good working knowledge of computers, experience with Electronic Health Records preferred, be highly organized and flexible and other related characteristics and qualifications. Duties include but are not limited to:
- providing community mental health services in the homes of clients designed to keep them out of hospitals and higher levels of care.
- crisis intervention services.
- daily living skills training and overall support to remain independent.
- communication and coordination with other providers in the community.
- work with family members.
- attending staffings, court hearings, medical appointments, etc. to support clients.
- providing transportation when necessary and appropriate.
- assisting clients in completing required paperwork.
- communicating and coordinating services with other MHC staff members involved in the treatment of individuals.
Indeed - 12 months ago