Black Knight Financial Services Employee Reviews

The managers made it fun to work here.
Post Closing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2015
I wish that I would've stayed here but I knew that my contract was ending soon and they just didn't have room for me there. It was a easy going place to work and I liked my coworkers.
Black Knight Financial Services
AR Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2015
Is a wonderful place to work. It is an open environment with great structure and balance. Management is very understand, willing to train until there is a clear understanding of the process.
Productive Friendly atmosphere and they apprecitated their employess
Reo - Specialist Closing Management (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 11, 2013
The Management Team was very awesome and helpful when needing assistance of a client issue when one came up. Management always had an open door policy. Learned the Entire REO process from start to finish. Co workers were all kind and friendly we were like a big family.
Pros
job security was very high, never had to worry about being apart of a hiring firing company.
Cons
yearly reviews werent always done .
Flexible but unstable management
Field Collector (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 2, 2015
Very good pay for the work, flexible hours. Did not like having 4 different bosses in 2 years if being employed there. Just found out that they are actually closing their field collection section soon.
Pros
Flexible, good pay, good communication
Cons
Too much management change up
The hardest part of the job.
Delinquent Event Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 21, 2015
When they can't decide on what you suppose to do and what department you should be in. The changes was so soon and fast that I haven't got a chance to learn what im suppose to work on my first position.
Not a career move
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Solon, OhioDecember 5, 2014
The dream job I thought I had turned out to be a nightmare. A day at work was fine, I knew what was expected of me and held several different roles in the company. I learned who not to buy a home from and property preservation. My co-workers were great The Chase team was the best. The hardest part of the job was having to fix problems that could have been handled if the people responsible would have completed their job correctly. I loved my team, supervisors and the monthly activities.
Pros
monthly activities, dress down fundraising, great co-workers
Cons
poor management, poor client service, lunch break was short
Good people, terrible upper management
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2012
Upper management is terrible and often assign projects that are out of scope or unmanageable. Low pay across the board on the IT side, even to people who create, monitor, and maintain 75% of all production activities. Business side often has unreasonable demands and creates 'one-off' processes for each individual client, leading to 150 different processes for each client which causes confusion and mayhem when something breaks.

For example, a manager hires someone considered entry-level and tasks them with many advanced responsibilities utilizing skills across the board in many technical disciplines. A upper-level manager may insist on performing a specific process even when all technical analysis indicates that the process will not be efficient nor cost-effective.
Pros
good charity involvement, gym
Cons
upper management unresponsive
Very productive work environment with no micro-managing
QC Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 22, 2012
everyday consisted of auditing the files handled by LPS employees. My duty was to ensure that processes and procedures were being adhered to per client basis. Management was phemominal in this position. I was given the opportunity to request further training at any time. I could go to my manager for anything. It was a great work relationship which allowed me to go to work every morning with a positive attitude and created a productive day without unecessary pressures of unrealistic expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a manager that respected me as an equal, not as someone who was under her management.
Pros
the management was great to work with. the work environment was pleasant and healthy.
Cons
the fact the the reo industry was low, it was unfortunate to be laid off from a position that i was more than happy to be in.
Some great people, horrible management
IT (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 23, 2012
Overall, a terrible place to work. Avoid if you can.

The upper management does not care one bit about employees - that was my impression. One of my immediate managers had terrible people and communication skills. The team was dysfunctional. The other manager was not willing to stick his neck out for any of the team. Even free skills training opportunities are denied. The manager above them was not qualified for his job and apparently very unhappy and stressed out - and he did a poor job.

The work I did was a terrible thing. We were all working to help banks kick people out of their homes. The banks don't care - they don't want the property; they just dump it for pennies on the dollar. It's an inhuman, broken process all along the line. Job satisfaction - zero.

Many individuals were great people, but the company and overall job experience was pretty much a nightmare.
Cons
company does not care. terrible industry - helping kick people out of their homes.
Very Great staff
Property Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 23, 2014
First part of the day you check email get in touch with any vendors who have questions or problems at your assigned properties.
Check pics to go with any billing if all pics go with billing send info so that the specialist gets paid for the property.
Management was horrible with keeping in touch with staff.
Co-workers were phenomenal with helping each other out.
The hardest part of the job was not having a management team who was there to help you.
The most enjoyable part of the day was time with all of my co-workers and learning new things
Pros
the pay was very good
Cons
you never knew if you still ahd a job

Want to know more about Black Knight Financial Services?

Ask a question
Organized workflow
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2015
I loved how organized the department was. And how everyone was extremely knowledgeable. Received unbelievable training.

Hardest part of the job was working so closely after cubicles were reduced to "call center" style seating.

Also, the company would benefit from doing more for their employees and showing appreciation for their hard work.

Break rooms were not somewhere you would enjoy eating and service snack machines were never kept stocked. Small things....but mean a lot
Pros
in house gym, in house cafeteria
Cons
employee morale
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2015
I loved working at LPS, I met some of the most wonderful people on earth and loves my managers. The building is gorgeous with a free gym and very clean locker room. Work/Life balance is perfect!
Pros
Cons
Laid off
Technology forward company
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at Black Knight Financial Services involved attending meetings, writing procedures to present to the client at the end of the project, configuration to ensure all processes worked to the client's specifications. There was also training in order to become an effective business analyst, such as how to ask questions in order to get the best answer, shortcuts for programs in Microsoft and how to validate information.
Management was very knowledgeable about business analysis. They ensured that the workers understood what was needed and how to go about getting the information if the concept was not clear.
The hardest part of the job was having to work in a department that was brand new. I had never been in business analysis before, so my prior experience did not always apply to my day to day work.
The enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day. We never did the same thing twice.
The co-workers were always positive and we always had the opportunity to learn from one another.
Okay work environment, nothing outstanding.
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2013
On a typical day, I would come in and start replying to emails and phone messages. As soon as I was caught up on that, I would open orders that were assigned to my unit. I would open approximately between 300-500 order per day (including manual orders). I had a good relationship with my manager, which made the job much more pleasant. Her flexibility made life much easier. My co-workers were friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I would get to work remotely, the majority of the time.
Pros
telecommuting
Cons
no room for advancement
Started out stressful and production driven
Database Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2013
A typical day at work included being able to understand the business needs and create new or modify existing reports
I learned a lot about SQL, databases, data, foreclosure and bankruptcy process
Had to be ready for a constantly changing environment
Co-workers were great to get along with
The hardest part was closing the required ticket request so you could meet your monthly quota.
Management was terrible in my opinion. They treated you based on how well you were able to produce.
Pros
learned different technologies and how they relate to data
Cons
management was terrible.
Fun atmosphere
Computer Operator/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 4, 2015
Coming to work was a fun experience on a daily basis from all of my fellow coworkers.
As in any business, some days were hectic and some days were calm. But over all a really good place to work.
Fun place to work if you can take the heat.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNDecember 1, 2014
A very active and growing company, leads to a very demanding IT department. There are a lot of things constantly going on, and the pressure can be quite a bit at times.
Pros
great co-workers, comp time for extra work, respectable managers at most levels.
Cons
hours, pay, executive culture is out of touch
Friendly Atmosphere
Document Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FLMarch 6, 2013
Hours of work were from 5:00 PM to 9:30 or 11:00 PM
My main responsibility was to find and upload electronicly scanned legal documents to a company database for access by law firms. Management was fair but there was a great deal of favoritism. Co-workers were kind and friendly. The job was not difficult. The most enjoyable aspect of the position was the independent nature of it. As long as your production numbers were adequate, there was not alot of supervision.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no chance to advance unless in you were the right circle
Productive work place
Sr. Message Broker Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2015
LPS is a good place to work. work/life balance is good. co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. working environment is good. enjoy working there
Good Company
Sr. QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2015
Good for people who are experience with mortgage industry. More likely to learn on loan processing technologies. Need to put lot of working hours.

2.7