BLACK OAK CASINO Employee Reviews in United States

i like my job
busser (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 27, 2016
I'm a bus person and I usely get too work and I clean the tables I scrape the food of the dishes I also make sure the tables are in place and in order the most common thing Is being myself and also I like too work on my own sometimes the hardest thing about the job is everyone is gonna talk behind ur back I jus learned too cope with that, my coworkers are the best I have made friends there
A good entry job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Like the title says, it's a good starting job for people who just want some extra income while going to college. It all depends on what job you have and are you able to fill in if the other person called in or didn't show up. Except there really no advancement within the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over worked, Under Paid
Fun place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CADecember 21, 2015
Great place to work, growth opportunities if you are patient. Good benefits including tuition reimbursement. Believe in the mission and values, socially responsible company. Tribe is stable and generous. Must love to serve others to work here as the entire company is service oriented.
Pros
30 min paid lunch and feed you!
Cons
Overworked salaried Team Members
King Pin Attendant
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I currently work for this Department.. Fun place until the buses and they wanting popcorn. Some guests are so rude and just expect allot too. I have great co-workers. Fun place.. Great raises in pay and christmas bonus
Pros
Pay, Free Lunch
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced work environment.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMay 20, 2016
Fast paced and enjoyable.

The type of work and work environment.

To the point but understanding and patent.

Great team work and friendly.

The work time. 10pm to 6am.

The work type and culture.
fun, fast paced, good pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJanuary 14, 2016
my day consist of changing linens, towels. make beds. vacuum, dust, mop, clean bathroom windows, walls, take out trash...
Pros
days went by quick because we were constantly busy
Cons
too far from home
Incredible Family
Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAOctober 5, 2015
Such an amazing father and girlfriend to work for.Generally I would get the son up for school after the parents left for work, make him breakfast, help with homework if needed and get him off to the bus stop for school in time. After the child left, I would help prepare dinners, clean up the house, fold laundry or other necessary errands.
work place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CANovember 30, 2015
good place to work, over managed, workers are great, management tends to interfere when not needed, too many rules. they worry about things that dant need attention
Pros
health care, free meal
Cons
long hours, no life
fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 11, 2016
good place to work, takes care of you, fun work environment, good money and hours, strong team work, something new every day.
Fun work environment
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CASeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Black Oak. The benefits were great and their incentives were good too. Communication between workers and management could use some work.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement, communication
Comfortable once settled in/many fun times
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 4, 2016
After greeting my team mates a few minutes before my shift, I would walk about the gift shop noting any new items that had been set out since my last day of work. I would note any new prices of things. I would straighten up anything out of order and note places to be dusted and any liter on the floor. A quick trip to the store room to see if any shipments needed to be unpacked, priced, and set out.

Then I would take my replacement position at the cash register as the other team member cashed herself out. We'd have a chat about the way things had been going and anything of importance like several buses expected to arrive, troublesome guests, new meetings or rules, etc. Then the 8-hour shift would resume.

This was mostly an enjoyable job. New people would come in and most were in a good mood because they were on vacation. The hardest part of the job was if a co-worker felt sick or was in a bad mood, Management did not interfere often, although, since casinos are sovereign nations, some rules could be bent in their favor without any recourse, which was discouraging. I guess that was one of the most important things I learned.
Pros
Great health insurance, free meals, and massage chairs
Cons
Lack of personal privacy from constant cameras on you
Fantastic place to work.
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMarch 21, 2015
I worked for the casino for 13 months. I had a blast. There are a lot of rules and some training that is sometimes inconvenient and yet you get over that. I found every one fun and friendly.

Management wasn't a problem either. Some were friendlier than other's but I didn't feel there was a problem with them.
Pros
cafeteria up strairs and the lounge were the bomb. love it.
Cons
it's a bit up tight about everything, but you adapt.
satisfied
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJuly 1, 2015
was a good environment to work with, very nice people and very friendly never had trouble with anyone there and every time I need assistance in something they were always there to help
Overall a good place to work
Beverage/Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMarch 28, 2015
Black Oak Casino is overall a good place to work because it offers plenty of opportunities for advancement. They schedule adequate amount of hours and give Paid Time Off. Everybody is friendly and fun to work with.
steady work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJune 14, 2015
good place to work a great place to learn many aspects of guest service and make new relationships. i would recommend the Casino to anyone
Work hard and never falter
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CADecember 4, 2014
This employer was wonderful for a very long time but I had some medical issues happen where I missed a day more of work than was allowed before disciplinary action was enforced and was let go without being able to explain my medical issue. Lunch is always provided though and if you are full time, you always get your 40 hours.
Not a fun place to work, very frusterating, worked with very lazy people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  TuolumneCAOctober 17, 2013
I did not enjoy my time working at the mill. It was very irritating and not worth the money that i was making due to not making tips because the servers were not required to tip out the hosts even though we did just about everything in the restraunt except for take the food orders and take the food to the tables. I would not recomend anyone to go and work there,
Pros
lunches were free
Cons
did not get tips from servers even though did all of their duties for them. servers were very lazy
fun and safe work place with free meals for employees
black jack dealer (Former Employee) –  Sonora, caMarch 8, 2012
Black Oak Casino in my opinion was a fun and safe work enviroment with plenty of room for work advancement and if there was ever a job opening they would let the employees have first chance at what ever job openings they had open which was awesome and the fellow employees were very friendly and acts like a family.
Pros
free lunches, tv room with massaging chairs. great pay
Cons
long hours, lot of standing
low paying position with out advancements.
Seasonal Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMay 30, 2012
Bad hours with bad pay and managers who don't care about employees and play favorites among staff. Most employees are trained well, but don't follow it. Many are over quailifed for the postions they hold and others drastically under qualified.
Pros
free meal with shift, management willing to work with schedals.
Cons
poor communication, lack of caring among all staff, horrible hours.
Fast paced, varied and enjoyable work environment.
Employee Dinning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAOctober 6, 2014
A typical day on the job could include anything from food preparation, food service, customer service, cash handling, and sometimes helping in other departments as necessary. I learned many different aspects of the gaming industry and what really goes on behind the scenes in such a business. The effectiveness, enthusiasm and willingness to help varied among management, but as a whole was very good. The hardest part of the job was assisting in other departments that I was unfamiliar with until instructed on how the task at hand was expected to be performed. The most enjoyable part of the job was never knowing exactly how each day was going to go or what you may be required to do until arriving at work.
Pros
no matter how stressful the day we always managed to enjoy ourselves and have fun while working.
Cons
as in any business we sometimes did not have the products needed for the day and had to "wing it".