BLACK OAK CASINO Employee Reviews

Fun Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAApril 3, 2017
Great place to work and play. Management could use a bit of help in my old department, I absolutely loved the environment and guests. The cigarette smoke was hard to deal with at first but it was a great job all and all, i left because of better pay and wanted to advance.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, pto
Cons
supervisors
Vault Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMarch 13, 2017
Good overall place to work, most of the other team members are easy to get along with. If you're dedicated their is ample opportunity to advance i went from part time to a lead in 6 months. Hardest part for me was working graveyard. Best part is I liked and became friends with akmost everyone I worked with.
Pros
Free lunch, good people
Ok
Bartender & Food Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CADecember 7, 2016
It was alright, good benefits, to many rules. Got along well with the other employees. regret quitting but caused me to much stress in my home life...
Nice place, good people...mostly
F&B utility/food prep (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CANovember 15, 2016
Like all other jobs, you have the ones that work and those that don't and a lot of unneeded drama. Good work for those that want a job to just go and work...as long as you stay out of drama, which is not easy. Good steady work.
Pros
A LOT of nice people work there
Cons
some crazies work there
The worst place I have ever worked.Benifits are o.k, MANAGEMENT and wages are the problem.POORLY RUN,little to no advancement,raises are few and far.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAAugust 6, 2016
Exhaust all other options before considering a job at this place.They go through people like toilet paper.You will not be happy working there.I personaly only stayed the years I worked there to pay for medical bills. Good luck with your search.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Management, Pay, Hours, your a number on a badge not a person.
i like my job
busser (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 27, 2016
I'm a bus person and I usely get too work and I clean the tables I scrape the food of the dishes I also make sure the tables are in place and in order the most common thing Is being myself and also I like too work on my own sometimes the hardest thing about the job is everyone is gonna talk behind ur back I jus learned too cope with that, my coworkers are the best I have made friends there
Productive and Fun
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CA 95379May 25, 2016
As someone who works in a very small store in a very large department of the Casino, there is a particular list of steps that I need to take to ensure that my shift runs smoothly. Besides making sure that punctuality is a top priority, it is important that all paperwork is accounted for when handling large quantities of money. As a Retail Cashier, it is important to make sure that your knowledge of the product being carried in the store is updated regularly, which means active communication with your fellow employees and superiors.
Pros
Free lunch, new product, and upbeat environment
Fast paced work environment.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMay 20, 2016
Fast paced and enjoyable.

The type of work and work environment.

To the point but understanding and patent.

Great team work and friendly.

The work time. 10pm to 6am.

The work type and culture.
A good entry job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Like the title says, it's a good starting job for people who just want some extra income while going to college. It all depends on what job you have and are you able to fill in if the other person called in or didn't show up. Except there really no advancement within the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over worked, Under Paid
fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 11, 2016
good place to work, takes care of you, fun work environment, good money and hours, strong team work, something new every day.
King Pin Attendant
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I currently work for this Department.. Fun place until the buses and they wanting popcorn. Some guests are so rude and just expect allot too. I have great co-workers. Fun place.. Great raises in pay and christmas bonus
Pros
Pay, Free Lunch
Cons
Poor management
fun, fast paced, good pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJanuary 14, 2016
my day consist of changing linens, towels. make beds. vacuum, dust, mop, clean bathroom windows, walls, take out trash...
Pros
days went by quick because we were constantly busy
Cons
too far from home
Comfortable once settled in/many fun times
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 4, 2016
After greeting my team mates a few minutes before my shift, I would walk about the gift shop noting any new items that had been set out since my last day of work. I would note any new prices of things. I would straighten up anything out of order and note places to be dusted and any liter on the floor. A quick trip to the store room to see if any shipments needed to be unpacked, priced, and set out.

Then I would take my replacement position at the cash register as the other team member cashed herself out. We'd have a chat about the way things had been going and anything of importance like several buses expected to arrive, troublesome guests, new meetings or rules, etc. Then the 8-hour shift would resume.

This was mostly an enjoyable job. New people would come in and most were in a good mood because they were on vacation. The hardest part of the job was if a co-worker felt sick or was in a bad mood, Management did not interfere often, although, since casinos are sovereign nations, some rules could be bent in their favor without any recourse, which was discouraging. I guess that was one of the most important things I learned.
Pros
Great health insurance, free meals, and massage chairs
Cons
Lack of personal privacy from constant cameras on you
Fun place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CADecember 21, 2015
Great place to work, growth opportunities if you are patient. Good benefits including tuition reimbursement. Believe in the mission and values, socially responsible company. Tribe is stable and generous. Must love to serve others to work here as the entire company is service oriented.
Pros
30 min paid lunch and feed you!
Cons
Overworked salaried Team Members
work place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CANovember 30, 2015
good place to work, over managed, workers are great, management tends to interfere when not needed, too many rules. they worry about things that dant need attention
Pros
health care, free meal
Cons
long hours, no life
Incredible Family
Server (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAOctober 5, 2015
Such an amazing father and girlfriend to work for.Generally I would get the son up for school after the parents left for work, make him breakfast, help with homework if needed and get him off to the bus stop for school in time. After the child left, I would help prepare dinners, clean up the house, fold laundry or other necessary errands.
Fun work environment
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CASeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Black Oak. The benefits were great and their incentives were good too. Communication between workers and management could use some work.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement, communication
satisfied
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJuly 1, 2015
was a good environment to work with, very nice people and very friendly never had trouble with anyone there and every time I need assistance in something they were always there to help
steady work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAJune 14, 2015
good place to work a great place to learn many aspects of guest service and make new relationships. i would recommend the Casino to anyone
Overall a good place to work
Beverage/Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Tuolumne, CAMarch 28, 2015
Black Oak Casino is overall a good place to work because it offers plenty of opportunities for advancement. They schedule adequate amount of hours and give Paid Time Off. Everybody is friendly and fun to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLACK OAK CASINO. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval