Black pearl Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Really cultured and fun workplace!
Barista and Cashier and I also made sandwiches (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 25, 2016
I worked there for about a year and a few months, returning for Christmas break on my break from college. I learned that no matter where you are from, everybody loves enjoying the taste of another countries cuisine. The Black Pearl was a Vietnamese cuisine/bubble tea kiosk located in Lexington, Kentucky's Fayette Mall. I loved being able to share and inform people about all the different tastes you could discover at the Black Pearl.
Pros
Punch cards, new flavors and fast service
Just not the right fit
Intern/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
A typical day started with the morning crew preparing all the food for lunch service. Doing a standard lunch rush until 4 PM when we switched to Dinner. I made salads, put together desserts and appetizers. I learned how to stay clean and organized all while staying at a fast pace. The management at the time was slim to none. I was basically over looked by a line cook with little to no contact with the head chef. My co workers were a fun and passionate and hard working group who truly showed what it meant to do the job right to make perfection for the customer. Hardest part of the job was an unsatisfactory work environment due to not clicking with the staff, but the best part was all the skills I obtained and the new ways to learn from being part of a team to create amazing food.
Pros
creative work environment
Cons
slow promotion