Black Stone Employee Reviews

Family owned business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2017
Clean well mannered office. Staff have always been friendly. Not a fast paced environment, very calm. Family owned business only office in the county, not a business that has various locations. Prepaid/merchant services
Pros
Flexibility
Benefits
Terrible place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 22, 2017
Everyone is obsessed with their titles. Directors and managers, service coordinators. There is no team work and the supervisors like to embarrass their employees to prove they are better. I don't recommend this place to anyone. Run while you can.

Don't even think about getting a raise.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Home health care love my job AN the people I worked for AN also the people I worked with
CNA (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 21, 2017
When working at black stone it's best not to get to close to the clients but how can you not. I love my job as being a health aid it help me with life
Pros
I'm helping lives of other !
Cons
I got to attached to the clients some passed away!
Blackstone doesn't properly acknowledge their in the field employees.
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 12, 2017
I have been an employee of Blackstone for about a year and a few months. Taking care of other people who can no longer help themselves is awesome work and very educational. But when you work for a company who doesn't acknowledge who hard work and effort, it gets frustrating. Picking up extra shift, not calling off, stay the directed hours, doing my job very well as expected just to be told a year after employment that Blackstone only gives out raise when they feel they should. So if you choose to work For Blackstone just know that they don't give out yearly raises or bonuses. This company doesn't treat their employees right when it comes to pay. Its kind of hard preforming your best when your employer doesn't acknowledge your hard work even though the clients you help out everyday does.
Pros
Meeting new people, Helping people who need help
Cons
No company apperication, no pay raises, bad communication throughout the company
Good Job
Summer Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHOctober 4, 2016
It was a good job with easy work. It was not too hard. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. I worked over the summer while I wasn't in school.
Low pay. Bad staff
HHA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 17, 2016
Pay is awful. Driving around to homes where clients were not expecting you and getting a door slammed in your face. Scheduling staff have no idea what they are doing.
Cons
Sinking since the buy out
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 3, 2016
The company is going downhill since buyout from almost family. The new director plays favorites, brings some of his managers breakfast but ignores the others. Sneaks and tells what the vp is doing. Promoted after 6 months of managing a small territory, has no idea what he's doing. Company keeps getting sanctioned for not being in compliance. Only a matter of time before we sink the ship.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Upper management
going down hill since almost family take over
Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2016
Experienced management are being replaced by lower paid and sometimes unqualified staff.
Benefits have been cut or reduced in the take over by almost family.
Field staff are the best out there but upper management are now sorely lacking in ability to be honest with staff as they have no idea what is going to hit next in this new environment. Everyone in the office is fearing for their jobs.
Pros
Great field Staff
Cons
Management beaten down, qualified staff replaced with unexperienced managment, and staff complaints, related to benefit reductions.
Great
cleanliness, and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Most enjoyable part of the job is working aside my colleagues and learning from them.
Always something new to do
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Great first time job. Nice people to work with , Not enough work hours. No job security.
Pros
nice work place
Cons
no job security
Having Fun Assisting The Elders..
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHOctober 7, 2013
I go to different homes and see about 4-5 clients a day I help bathing them I help them out by doing house chores including laundry dishes making beds sweeping and mopping taking out trash I also do meal prep.
very caring management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2013
greatest restaurant to work for. unfortunately corporate decided to close
Pros
free passes to busch gardens
Cons
restaurant is closed
I loved working with the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 24, 2013
Traveling to different houses and helping the elderly. Knowing I was making a difference in someone's life and helping them with the things they cannot do themselves.
Pros
meeting and helping people
Cons
long days away from the family
Was enjoyable and a good learning experience.
Home Health Aide/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMarch 30, 2012
It was good environment. Also had good work incentives. I enjoyed the benefits and management was always avaible for positve feed back. If was there was need for improvement they did it nice and respectfully.
Pros
benefits and flexible work schedule.
Cons
traveling to work.