Blackbaud Employee Review

Wonderful work environment, but difficult position
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INNovember 18, 2013
I was a Customer Support Analyst. Blackbaud was (and still is) a company I was/am proud to have been a part of. Blackbaud does wonderful things for the Nonprofit world. The coworkers I had were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with, and I highly doubt I will ever work somewhere with such an amazing group of people. It's a truly rare thing to find such an amazing team with a wonderful sense of camaraderie and support. They do a lot of fun, team-building things in the office to keep things fun, and I loved the laid-back, friendly attitude everyone had.

That said, I found the position was not a good fit for me. It's a pretty high-stress job, and the pay wasn't really enough to compensate for me. I found answering the phone to be really stressful, and while I already had a lot of customer service experience, I wasn't prepared for how much more difficult clients could be over the phone. I gave 3/5 stars for Job Security/Advancement because, while I felt pretty secure in my job, I realized the potential for advancement was VERY slim, especially if I was unwilling to move to SC. I gave 4/5 stars for Job Work/Life Balance because I found it to end up being more time-consuming than I thought... Frequently, your calls run far past your scheduled times, and so you end up not being able to leave on time at the end of the day. It made it very difficult for me to schedule any plans on weekday evenings, for fear that a call would run long and I wouldn't be able to make it.

Over all, they're the best group of people you could ever hope to work for, but the position was too
  more... much for me.  less
Pros
Insurance, sick days, vacation days, fun events, fabulous coworkers, great support system
Cons
High-stress, sometimes difficult clients, longer hours than realized

Other Blackbaud Employee Reviews

Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 6, 2017
Each office has a different culture. Highly motivated people. Would recommend to anyone interested in working in software engineering or sales. Good experience.
Pros
Great employees
Decent Company - sketchy managers and games
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2017
What I learned while at Blackbaud:
Very good benefits and vacation time from the get go.
Fair hours with good work life balance.
Pay is ok, not anything special.
Do NOT go against the grain at all, even in a professional manner with valid points. There's a good chance you'll be sent packing. Yes, depends on your manager and upward chain. In this day and age, you're supposed to be able to respectfully have differing points of view and/or suggestions but that is not what I experienced at all. And there was also some game playing and poorly disguised "reorganizing" to orchestrate a reduction of one. Very unprofessional management behavior. No warning of being on thin ice.
A case of a couple poor managers totally skewing the overall view of a decent company.
Pros
Benefits, time off, Company communication
Cons
Unprofessional behavior by managers, cut-throat vibe, meetings to discuss meetings, poor "coaching"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackbaud. Our community is ready to answer.