Blackberry Farm Employee Reviews

It's a paycheck.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNOctober 6, 2017
As with any place such as this, unrealistic egos run high, throughout and run right on up the chain mostly. Validation is always present for most. Of course it is a stressful atmosphere. Some people are very talented though, but it helps to be in the right group at the Blueberry.. I mean Blackberry, *(it is more a park, not a farm). Unless you are comfortable being a tool for the wealthy and their cronies first hand, normal folk need not apply.
excellent place to work
Driver/ Assistant at shooting range (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 25, 2017
the work environment is fast paced but enjoyable with friendly co-workers with a family aspect of employment. the tasks can be difficult but overall will help employees improve their skills with time management, discipline, and attention to detail.
bleh, it's a place to earn a paycheck but it is also soul crushing.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 19, 2017
Blackberry Farm does offer career advancement, however, it isn't the type of place I would want to advance so that doesn't really appeal to me. Other than that it can be hard to work there. They definitely pick favorites and if you're not one than work can get hard. They also do not do much to remove employees who regularly cause problems.
Pros
tips
Cons
uniform
Family Enviroment
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 12, 2017
I enjoyed very much working for blackberry they treated me like family and it is a very fast pace company and its so beautiful there and i loved everyday i worked.
Engaging and fullfilling
IN ROOM DINING ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 21, 2017
Blackberry Farm encourages personal growth and makes you feel great about the job you do. A typical day begins and ends with taking care of guest and providing the best possible experience for each. The attention that all employees are encouraged to guests makes you feel part of a team with a great purpose in the goals of the company. Like with every job, you will find frustrations, this in my opinion is still an excellent place to work.
Pros
great discounts on dining and shopping, great insurance plans
Cons
pros and cons differ from department to department
Spa Coordinator
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 8, 2017
Scheduled all massages, facials, manicures, pedicures. Learned lots of great customer service skills. Beautiful place to work everyday. Great program to teach new people skills of how they wanted Blackberry Employees to be.
Beautiful and Friendly work environment
Assistant Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 6, 2017
One of the most beautiful places I've worked to date. I truly miss my fellow co-workers and the ability to meet new people everyday. The environment is very positive.
Pros
Free lunches, Mountain views
Cons
At times we didnt have a chance to take a lunch break
Great workplace with beautiful scenery and friendly people.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNApril 3, 2017
Duties include assisting guests with luggage during check-in and check-out procedures, answering any questions or concerns they may have, safe operation of guest and company vehicles, helping setup meeting and event spaces, and other various tasks. I have learned how to converse and compose myself around high clientele. The management team is strong and willing to help if necessary. The work culture is fairly relaxed, but can be stressful at times depending how busy it gets. The hardest part of the job is working out in the elements and lifting heavy bags. My favorite part of the job is meeting and talking to various guests, driving nice cars from time, and helping guests with any questions or needs they have.
Pros
Paid lunch, beautiful work environment, meeting new people
Cons
Working out in the elements (rain, snow, cold)
Excellent training in guest satisfaction
BARTENDER/WAIT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMarch 29, 2017
While there are always issues with working for a family-owned business, the opportunity to build one's resume with a world-renowned company such as this one is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is welcome to constant change.
Pros
Training, Employee perks
Cons
Work Hours are dynamic
Fun family atmosphere, One team one dream
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNJuly 6, 2016
Rotational Menu, Consistant menu changes, More so family than co-workers, Working garden for restaurants, multiple restaurants
Pros
Family Meal, Flex scheduling, Team atmosphere, Rotational Menu
Cons
Small Community, Long Commute
An inredible experience with many learning opportunities
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day is very busy with many things going on at any time. There were myriad learning opportunities with the different departments across the property.
Love the outdoors and helping people
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNNovember 24, 2014
Necessary daily tasks to ensure proper set up and presentation of property. Assist guests daily with specific features and locations on property. Great friendly co-workers with some micromanagement. Best part of the job is being outdoors in all weather conditions and always on the move.
Pros
tips, discounted healthcare benefits
Cons
no guaranteed full 40hrs
Beautiful
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNApril 23, 2014
This is one of the most beautiful places someone can work. Deep in the foothills of East TN. Blackberry is culturally inclined and you get to see/meet a lot of famous people, which is cool even though you must be as professional as possible. Keep your excitement to yourself.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long drive to get to work
Blackberry Farm
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 3, 2014
I really didnt enjoy working at Blackberry Farm. One of my favorite childhood places is sort of ruined for me.
5 star resort
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNOctober 14, 2013
room service and waited on tables. learned to be polite and courteous. management was there to help and instruct when needed. worked as a team helping everyone get the jobs done. lots of prep work cleaning the dining rooms glasses and silverware for hours before and after service. leaned to be a quality member of a high end work staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
high pressure 5 star service
It was okay
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMarch 15, 2013
I liked working there to a certain degree. One manager was awesome, while the other was not as much. Pay was good, I made 9.00/hour and I was 16 at the time (pretty good for a first job). But the customers were not always very nice, while other customers made my job feel worthwhile. There's room to grow here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes rude customers/people you work with